Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Post your Ella bag designs here!

That is a beautiful bag! I wouldn't change a thing.

I am so excited to get a new bag but am totally overwhelemed as to what fabrics to choose. I want something fun but not too crazy. Aaahhh! Maybe a toile. Help! Does anyone have any suggestions.

Melissa and Emma (4/16/03)

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok, so I am thinking of two possible combinations, and just e-mailed Aimee about them to make sure they match, aren't too too busy, etc... I would appreciate any opinions about these, as I am having a bit of trouble picturing the final product. Here are my two options:

Option 1-

Pink Sky wine stripe for the body of the bag
    Black twill for the bottom
    Fashion girls black pastel for the piping and the lining

Option 2-

Sky Pink Red Stripe for the body of the bag
    red twill for the bottom
    sky pink paisley for the piping and the lining

I don't know if I am considering using too many fabrics. I like simple things in general, but I think the colors above would be nice and springy. I wear a lot of black, but I also wear some red, and I am not overly concerned with matching my wardrobe exactly. I currently have a navy blue and red bag which I love and have survived for 7 months so far with just that, but feel like it would be fun to have something colorful for spring. TIA!!!

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

One thought - piping is very narrow, so the only prints that will probably work well on piping are solids or stripes (vertical). I think that both of those prints are too big for a custom band, too.

JMHO!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really like the sky pink red stripe (combo 2), but I have to agree that either you selected for piping will probably just look like a multi-colored confetti.

Actually I like your #1 combo a lot...I'm just always drawn to blue more than pink.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You are both right about the piping. Plus, I Aimee e-mailed me and told me that if I use a designer fabric in the inside it's $15- more, which I don't think its worth it. So now I am thinking of just having a solid interior, although I do like the designer fabrics that I had chosen for the interior, so maybe I could use those for the bottoms. Any ideas?!! How about a solid color band if I end up using the print for the bottom or even if I use a solid. What color would you use? TIA.

sweetbasil Guest

What about either pairing:

Pink Sky wine stripe for the body of the bag
    Sky Pink Paisley for the body of the bag (one for the top, one for the bottom)
    a Solid Twill custom made band

or

Sky Pink Paisley for the body of the bag
    a Solid Twill for the body of the bag (one for the top, one for the bottom)
    Pink Sky Wine Stripe for the piping

I think the different colored backgrounds in the two patterns (Pink Sky wine stripe and sky pink paisley) is nice--- where sky pink red stripe has the same background as the sky pink paisley. That was just the first thing that came to mind when I put the swatches side by side on my monitor.

HTH :)

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey everyone, I need a little help ... I am not sure about all the extras (I got added to the list at the last minute -thanks by the way!!- and am relatively new here) - just wondering if anyone got what her website calls "added stiffness" ?? And, if anyone has a bag, whether that would be needed or not. Also, is the only difference between a diaper bag and not a diaper bag the additional pockets ? I have e-mailed aimee, but don't want to be a pest, and figured that alot of you guys are experts on all this.

I am considering the cabana ocean, maybe with a dark blue or periwinkle somewhere, but some of the ideas on here have been great, and original (like gina's i think...) - would love to see pictures, and i will make sure i live in a different town (or state) before totally plagarizing anyone's idea!

may also get the ollie and me (farm scene) for my preggo sis in law who is doing the nursery with cowgirl accents... what do you guys think would look better, a simple sage trim, or a red gingham ? I guess i could do both, have the gigham on the bottom, and the sage as the dividing trim and inside, and maybe for one side of the straps...

thanks in advance for any input. almost wish i had never discovered this folder on the board, as before, with my first baby, my "obsessions" were limited primarily to strollers and cribs... really don't need any more, but with this and the sling folder, i am hooked. sigh.

lynn

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know that someone talked about the extra stiffness on another recent Ella bag thread.

I love the Ollie & Me fabric and think that would be adorble for your SIL! I like the idea of the sage gingham and sage twill to accent it - it won't overwhelm the print, so the print will pop. The red might be too much since most of the colors in the print are watercolor-ish/subdued.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Lynnie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

thanks for responding, and for the reassurance !
    now, i just need to do this AFTER work....

thanks again, and i will look for that old thread on stiffness

lynn

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast