Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

baby/kids?

The post about what all the pockets are for had me thinking maybe it was time for a bit of a poll. There have been a lot of pregnant mamas around lately, so this is probably really useful for many of them. Tell us about you diaper bag habits, lol. Type? Stuff in it? Ages of kids?

Thanks ;-)
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

Combi Urban Sling

In the two small pockets under the flap I keep
    wallet
    digital camera
    small hairbrush (for me)
    chapstick/ concealer
    Benefit Dr. Feel Good

In the flat pocket in front I keep
    Various papers/magazines etc. that I pick up along the way
    Coupons
    keys
    ziploc with extra nursing pads

There are two pockets on the inner main compartment
    1st pocket - 4 diapers
    2nd pocket- wipes case, travel size Aquaphor, baby hairbrush

In the Main Compartment
    cloth diaper burp rag
    disposable changing pad (I like the new Huggies)
    recieving blanket (I like to use this as a pillow for DS during diaper changes as well as a million other uses it has)
    a few toys such as plastic keys, teethers, his favorite catepiller
    extra outfit, usually a one-piece like a sleeper to minimize bulk
    extra sweatshirt for DS
    Sling, right now I'm using my Zolo because it's my new favorite :)
    Bottle Water if I remember
    seasonally appropriate hat for DS
    baby sunscreen in a ziploc so it doesn't squish all over (we just got back from a sunny vacation)

Everything fits perfectly in the bag though there is not much room for anything else. However I've started CD'ing so I will need a slightly bigger bag in the future.

Edited to add: DS is 20 weeks and I've packed the same way since he was born, with the exception of the toys, which we just started playing with about a month ago

edited again to add some things I forgot. I also wanted to say that DH has no problem carrying the bag and it also fits perfectly over the back of our P3
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

NEVE and TRISTAN Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

I had to respond because I must be the minority with my diaper bag use :)and wonder ifthat will change...We got the black One step ahead over one shoulder back pack. My intention was DH can use it to. It is always packed and hangs either in the laundry room or stays in the back of our SUV. But I have NEVER taken that bag anywhere really...it's never been carried around by me like a purse or anything, If I'm out I jsut leave it in the SUV and if I need something we get it from there.
    CD, Covers, Neosporin, two bottles (loaded once we go),...and we've never needed a "change of clothes" so I removed that set that has been hanging out in there a few months ago.

I've also never changed Tristan in a store, or on a changing table, we just go out to the vehicle to do it. When warm we are able to open the back and it is our changing pad...

I really give my diaper bag so little thought, and am suprised by that I must say...

I am 36
    T is 11 months

Also: I did buy the zolo diaper bag to match my lsing but honestly have never used it...

I've always drooled over the PP bags and if they had one to match my sling I'd have bought it in a heart beat!!!
    Neve
    AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
    and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
    Feb 25, 2003
    Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej Guest

Currently I am using an "Ella-like" diaper bag I got off of ebay. Soon I will be using an Ella.

This bag only has two HUGE pockets. In one pocket I keep my wallet, keys, cell phone, lip balm, hand cream, sunglasses and grocery/shopping lists. In the other pocket I keep toys...beaded toy clip, cloth book, a few rattles. The bottom of the bag I keep a small blanket for use as a changing pad, three diapers and wipes, a spare outfit, a container of cheerios and a sippy cup of water. This stuff is seperated using zip-lock baggies (changing pad in one baggie, diapers and wipes in another, outfit in another and food/drink in another). In the summer I will also pack sunscreen, sunglasses for the babe, a spare sun hat and extra wipes for handwashing etc b/c he'll be mobile. After all of this stuff there is still a lot of room. This bag is 18 inches high, 15 wide and 5 1/5 deep.

DS is 7 months old. I have to other kids, but they don't require me to carry stuff for them.

On occassion I also use the Lands End Backpack Diaper Bag. I mostly use this one when we are traveling and in and out of the car a lot.

toomanystrollers Guest

Ok, with baby #1, I felt I couldn't leave the house without packing the entire contents of her nursery in a LE Do-it-all LOL

Now, with 3 kiddos (5,2,7ms), I get by with just a backpack that I leave in the car with extra dipes, wipes and clothes. And then I just carry my ISM backpack -basically as a purse - but with 2 extra cloth dipes/covers, box of wipes, my wallet, small camera, cell phone, a couple of toys, & stash of lollipops :)

cvharris Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old ar...

DS is 7 1/2 months old and I am 28.

My first bag was an Eddie Bauer Backpack from the Eddie Bauer store. It's a nice bag, DH likes it, but I figured out I don't really like backpacks much. I can never find anything I want in it quickly, it has lots of compartments but not too many pockets and way too many zippers. Everything gets buried in the main area. I still use it if we're going someplace where we're going to be active and I want to use something durable. When DS was a newborn I was such a heavy packer and this held everything.

Then I got an ISM bag in Shangri-la Toile and found that I love totes. This one has 6 pockets which I find to be the perfect number and I know where everything is and can reach for things easily. I use this one if I'm going someplace dressy or if there is nicer weather outside. I would say that it's not a bag that I would like to take any abuse since it's so pretty.

I have the new style Lands End Little Tripper and I've been using that mostly for quick trips (the only kind DS will let me take now). I really like it. It holds enough stuff for a 3-4 hour trip anywhere, hangs nicely on the stroller or my shoulder, and it's durable. I think the new style is more attractive than the old ones.

Diaper bags we've had and don't have anymore: Old style LE Do-it-all, Mackenzie Kids Highland Satchel Backpack (this is a big bag and I didn't need the big size anymore).

And we have an Ella tote coming that should be here any day now!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is 16 months old. I have the 2002 "old-style" LE Do-It-All and the "old-style" Little Tripper as well. I rarely use the Little Tripper, but I want to start trying. I am one of those who pack the whole nursery in the Do-It-All! My excuse is that I live 30 miles from just about anything, in-laws, shopping, work etc. So I feel I need to take it all with me.

Here is what I bring in my Do-It-All:

4-7 diapers (depending how long we will be gone)
    change of clothes (right now a onsie, top, sweatpants, socks)
    pair of Jack & Lilly shoes in case a shoe goes missing (happened once and I didn't have a spare!)
    extra pair of mittens (winter only)
    burp cloth and washcloth for any spills
    Pampers travel wipes container
    Enfamil insulated bottle bag, for carrying a bottle or sippy cup of whole milk
    soft pack of Kleenex
    dirty duds bag
    some small teethers/toys
    2 snack cups filled with Goldfish and cookies
    1 Take 'n' Toss sippy cup
    1 extra bottle
    1 12 oz. bottled water
    some Desitin, travel size powder, Gerber moisturizing stick, small Purell
    small travel first-aid kit (in a ziploc, mostly just band-aids)
    diaper sacks
    baby sunglasses (left over from summer)
    couple of Bibsters
    disposable spoons
    individual samples of Johnson's head-to-toe cleansing cloths and Pampers wipess
    couple extra ziploc bags

I did have some Table Toppers (stick on placemats) but I ran out of those. I do have a resuable one, but that is big and I only take it if I know we are going out to eat.

WHEW! And it all fits in the Do-It-All with room to spare!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Calmegja2 Guest

I'm a diaper bag bimbo. Completely unloyal. I switch bags like I switch purses. I use them all, just in rotation.

I have, in current rotation, a Kenneth Cole Tote in red, a Diaper Dude in Black, and Ameribag Healthy Back Baby Bag, a Bjorn Clamshell, a Gap brown corduroy tote, LE Little Tripper, and Ella that should arrive today, a Mid City (Kalencom) tote...and several others that have passed on.

My Bjorn is my refill bag, it always stays in the car, and there is much of everything in it.

Standard in all my bags:
    diapers
    wipes
    wipes solution
    mini baby powder, cream
    little trash bags (for dirties)
    sippy cups
    2 containers, one of cheerios, one of cheddar bunnies
    baby tylenol
    sunscreen
    bandaids (mini first aid kit)
    table toppers
    disposable bibs
    baby spoons
    crayons
    printables for coloring
    cards (for games)
    handwipes
    glass wipes (my preschooler wears glasses)
    PDA
    wallet
    small amount of makeup

The amount varies, depending on which bag, but that's standard for me.

I pack mainly for a 21 month old, but also have to have stuff for all four kids, as we are on the go a lot, and I need to be able to entertain everyone.

My son is 8 months old. I always use a diaper bag from Timi & Leslie that I got for a great price. It's cute and doesn't look like a diaper bag really but it's also been very durable (I always hang it over my Pliko handlebars) and I like how I can just wipe it clean because it has a plastic coating over the fabric. I also have a MacKenzie diaper backpack, which DH uses if he takes DS somewhere on his own and which I use if we're going on a trip somewhere.

In my diaper bag, I always carry a change of clothes (haven't needed one in a very long time but keep it in there just in case), a diaper changing pad, wipes, diapers, my stuff (wallet, lipstick, cell phone), bib, burp rag, and small toys for DS to play with which I change out regularly. I also will stash my Zolo in my diaper bag if I think we might need it and will also put his coat and hat in my diaper bag after we get somewhere.

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Started with the babystyle undiaper bag but it was too floppy and though "divided" into two section by a separate zippered pouch, they communicated underneath so I could never find anything. That is now the daycare diaper bag.

I use the Nicole Miller bag and like it, though it is still a little too floppy. I keep in the outer flap (where the changing pad attaches) 2-3 diapers, Purell hand sanitizer, diaper cream, packet of wipes, and plastic ziplock bag for dirties. Floating around inside I keep a pretty burp bloth, 1-2 books, 1-2 toys, a bib and a sippy cup. Usually toss in a blanket when we go places if not covering the little man with it. I use the inner pockets for my stuff (wallet, keys, etc.) In the two small zippered outer pockets, I keep teething biscuits in a ziplock bag and my quick find stuff (lipstick.)

DH uses the Baby Sherpa but hasn't in a while, just because they rarely go anywhere without me.

edited to add:
    Jack is 7 1/2 months.
    shannon
    not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
    trying-to-conceive :)
    PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
    mama to Jack 6/6/03

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast