Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

I *really* want a Timi & Leslie, but don't want to pay the price! Where'd you get yours???

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

Combi US. Finn is just now 3 months and going out and needing a diaper bag is relatively new! But, I am thinking that my US isn't quite big enough for some of our days (where were out for about 4-6 hours).

But, here's what we're keeping in it:

Main Interior:

3-4 CD's and couple of covers
    soft cloth books (2)
    receiving blanket

ETA: I also throw my Zolo in there or sometimes just wear it slung around me like a darn Roman (I'm a dork)!

in the pockets-
    in one I have 2-3 disposable dipes (for emergencies)
    in the other I have wipes container (with disp. wipes), a few wash clothes and wipes solution

In the flap pocket:
    Spare outfit (usually a sleeper type) Trust me, I've needed it. Our first outing we had Major Poop Explosion that, well, it was major!
    1-2 burp clothes
    hat
    keys

Small Exterior Pockets:

a book
    barret for me

(honestly I don't use these very often as I have a hard time remembering they're there.

My wallet (I just use my checkbook part) I put in the diaper pad pocket so it's extremely handy.

I put my cell phone and pacifier in the cell phone pocket (but mostly just the paci).
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

I have the Kelty Kids diaper backpack. My baby is 10 months old.

in the front pocket:
    diaper wipes
    small tube of diaper rash cream
    small bottle of tylenol
    breastpads
    comb for me

In the side pockets:
    burp cloths when she was younger
    small toys

in the back pocket
    flannel receiving blanket
    sun hat

in the main compartment
    changing pad (came with the bag)
    sling for me (cotton Zolo)
    sling for my son to carry his sister (Maya pouch)
    extra change of clothes
    extra socks
    diaper disposal bags (Sassy brand)
    big ziploc bag (for wet clothes)
    wetbag (for cloth diapers)
    one disposable diaper for emergencies
    cloth diapers (at least 2)
    Lamaze Freddy The Firefly toy

in the cooler bag that came with my free diaper bag from the hospital, I pack the following, and then shove it in the diaper bag too:
    bib
    spoon
    bowl
    container of cheerios
    jar or two of baby food
    sippy cup of water

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

I got lucky... I bought my bag from babystyle and it was the exact bag that was selling elsewhere for $150 but I got it on clearance for $30 plus an extra % off coupon plus ebates so I think I paid around $25 total for it. It also came with a matching changing pad (which I don't use because I like the one from my backpack better) and a bib that's our absolute favorite bib and the one that we use at every meal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen another deal like this and babystyle hasn't stocked Timi & Leslie bags since.

Jeanmick Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old ar...

Great question! It's fun reading all the responses!

We have two kids, ages 3 and 11 months. For outings, we use the Smart Innovations Messenger Bag Style diaper bag. Here's what's inside:

Main compartment:
    2 Epipens (DD is allergic to peanuts)
    Bottle of Benedryl (for DD also)
    Portable toilet seat cover for DD
    Snacks for DD (Goldfish, raisins, dried fruit)

Zippered compartment in front:
    Changing pad
    2 diapers for DS
    Wipes case
    "Emergency kit" (Bandaids, Tylenol for mom and child :), Small tube of Antibiotic pain relief ointment, small tube of aquaphor)
    Plastic "Messy bag" (came with the diaper bag)
    Purell hand sanitizer
    A couple of Shout wipes
    Desitin

Mesh pocket:
    Two plastic disposible table toppers
    A couple of ziploc bags

Side food pocket:
    Snack cup (ziploc) of cheerios
    Baby food
    disposible spoon
    vinyl bib (bumkins brand)

Side drink pocket:
    Sippy cup for DS

We also have an Eddie Bauer diaper bag that has a change of clothes for the kids (DD: panties, pants and shirt; DS: one piece outfit), sweaters, diapers, wipes, bottled water and such for emergencies, like when I forget to restock the diaper bag. :) It always stays in the van.

liya Guest

I use a cheapo backpack really small made for kids really..LOL there are 2 compartments in it in the front one i keep 2 cloth diapers(i keep diapers in the car so i wont have to go out wiht a ton i can also keep more sposies if i were to use them in the bag persay cloth takes up space), wipes and a receiving blankie(to use as changing pad)...And in the middle i put my keys, cell phone, baby food, snaks and little formula dispensor, bib, spoon. On the side there is a pocket perfect for the bottle...LOL

Its my cute little baggie..Its looks sorta like the size of those little cutie dora bags but its blue and black. I have had totes etc but have found this more comfortable because of the size. I guess i would have to dig in for everything in any bag anyhow..LOl but it keeps itself really nice and organized...TOTAL COST!! $7.99 LOL and im 24 yrs old...Ari will be 1 on feb 13th YIKES!!!!

BTW KATH CONGRATS!! On the CD jump!!

Edited to say i am lusting after an ISM diaper backpack..LOL

blnony Guest

Right now I'm using an XL ISM tote
    My DD is 17 months
    Thing I like the most: The shape of the bag; you can see everything that is in it
    Thing I don't like: I like the number of pockets, but I wish they were a little deeper and maybe elastic around the top so thing would actually stay in.
    I carry 2 diapers, wipes container, straw sippy cup, a couple of books, a small toy, small stuffed Barney, small snack container, my wallet, keys and mom pouch, and cell phone, and a zip lock for dirty dipes; and usually a small handtowel for clean ups.
    I like that it stands up by itself; will fit into the basket of my P3 and with the Techno I can stretch the straps and hang it over the handles and it doesn't hang down. But if A. gets out of the stroller its too heavy and tips.

parkersmama Guest

Brianna...this is very helpful! Did you use this bag when you were CDing? Trying to figure out if I would need an L or an XL.

We've downsized to the LE Little Tripper. DD is 14 months. Here's what I keep in it:

2 diapers
    travel container of wipes
    change of clothes
    a few hand sanitizer wipe packets
    small toy
    sippy cup of water
    small tupperware of cheerios

ETA - the only place I usually take my diaper bag is to play group. When out shopping, at grandparents or just out and about I leave it in the car.

Lisa

parkersmama Guest

I basically have two bags that I use all the time (keep both in the van except when they need refilling).

The first is a small bucket bag that I bought at a local store. It's the yellow fairy fabric that Ella-bags has on their site and has her name in blue on it. It's a hand-held bag (can't put over shoulder) with 3 outside pockets. Anyway, it's basically just for use in the church nursery. I keep a couple of disposable diapers, wipes, a toy or two, and a pacifier in it.

The second is a Bubblegum Bag, size Large. It has 6 outside pockets and 6 inside pockets. In it are:
    -2 or 3 CDs
    -a CD cover
    -changing pad from my Sally Spicer bag
    -disposable wipes travel pack
    -pacifier (or two!)
    -several toys...teethers, rattles, & links to hook them to stroller
    -plastic grocery bag to put wet diaper in
    -napkins
    -cheerios container
    -diaper cream
    -snappi (for CDs)
    -toys for older kids...fan pack cards, wikki stix, etc.
    -sanitary pads/tampons
    -and lots of other accumlated junk that we pick up along the way

I have quit carrying a change of clothing (no blowouts now that we use cloth dipes!) and a lot of the other things you need with a small baby. Soon, we'll be adding a sippy cup to the list.

My kids are 6, 3 1/2, and 8 months.

I should add that I also keep a *ton* of crap in the van with us...toys for all the kids, books, KKAFP, Chic Slings sling, Kozy carrier, blanket, jackets, sweaters, etc. The area on the floor behind the driver's seat (which is in front of AG's Roundabout) is piled high with all our stuff! LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast