Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mom2kandj Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

TRAGEDY! Dcclerk(Kerry) told me about that special on Babystyle after they sold out! :(

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old are your

I use my LE little tripper alot b/c we mostly make quick trips. When Diego was born I used a tote "My 3 Beans" all the time. If I am doing a longer outing....I will take my Nicole Miller bag. I don't use my LE back pack that often.

Anyway, I just keep a burp cloth, bottle, wallet and lip stick in my LT. If using the NM I will pack a few more toys and diapers.

I keep my cart cover in my SUV w/ a few extra toys and diapers...oh and a changing pad. This cuts down on what I have to pack.:)

Oh, hopefully my Ella bag will arrive soon and I will use that instead fo my LT.

Diego will be 9 months on Thursday and I will be 32 on Saturday.

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have the PP Sunset Dragon Roll boxy backpack. Love it and its my everyday bag. Over christmas, DH got me a Burberry Diaper Tote that I'm just now starting to use more and more.

I keep the basics as far as a couple of diapers, wipes, bottle, bib, extra pacifier, formula cup, a tiny tupperware snack size thing of cheerios, a couple of toys and my wallet.
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

sbaker Guest

Sorry to butt in here...Is it the sunflower bag you were looking for? If so, I got one when Babystyle had them on sale. I realized I didn't like it after it was too late to return it. I haven't ever used it. I think I paid about $30 for it. If you are interested please let me know.

Just my two cents...
    :) :+ :)
    Sara
    Mom to:
    Rayce 02/09/02
    Charlye 12/20/03

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm 33 and DD is almost 10 1/2 months.

I have two diaper bags - one big and one little and I keep them both packed and just grab whichever one I need.

The big one is a cheap black nylon boxy bag (a la Kate Spade) from BRU. In it I keep:

Hand sanitizer
    Antibacterial wipes
    A few disposable bibs
    A clean pacifier and paci strap
    A couple clean spoons
    3-5 diapers
    Wipes
    Diaper Creme
    Changing pad
    Change of clothes (something that folds small)
    Jar of baby food
    Tiny tupperware with finger food
    Sippy
    Bottles
    Formula dispenser
    Small lightweight blanket
    A couple small toys
    Disposable camera
    Snack for me (usually a Zone bar or string cheese)
    Wallet, keys, lip gloss, Palm Pilot, sunglasses (all in a little zipper pouch)

I usually keep my Zolo in the car, but sometimes I stuff it in too.

Little bag isn't actually a diaper bag - just a small black nylon quilted backpack from Target. Just holds a pared down version of the other.

I did just order two ISM bags - so I'm moving up in the diaper bag world (it's funny - I'm a huge bag person when it comes to bags for me, but until now haven't gotten into the diaper bag thing) - so I'll have to revamp when they arrive.

Oh, we also have a black nylon backpack purchased for DH that has never seen the light of day. I think he has left the house alone with DD maybe 3 times!

Holly
    Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

nc_hope Guest

Default RE: **POLL** What diaper bag do you use? What do you keep in it? How old ar...

I use a Sally Spicer diaper bag. I am 26 and Andrew is 5 mos. Here's what's inside:

Main compartment:
    4-5 diapers
    wipes
    burp cloth
    change of clothes (usually a sleeper)
    a little ducky plastic bag dispenser (for dirty diapers, clothes, etc)
    changing pad
    1-2 toys
    bottle (for emergencies since I BF)
    lightweight blanket
    my wallet

Andrew's side pocket:
    pacifier
    packet of desitin
    baby brush
    travel bottle of baby lotion
    tiny tube of aquaphor
    single serve packet of formula (for emergencies)

Mom's side pocket:
    hand sanitizer
    travel pack of kleenex
    tube of lipstick
    sunglasses
    gum
    ink pen

Outside small pocket:
    I drop my keys and cell phone in here

JenCA Guest

I currently have the Kate Spade "contents" medium-sized diaper bag (black w/bright green accents). Earlier this month, I ordered the Petunia Picklebottom sunset roll toddler tote (to use for quick trips) and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. DD is just over 5 months.

In the Kate Spade, I keep diapers, wipes, diaper cream, a changing pad (came with the bag), antibacterial hand wipes, a formula dispenser, burp cloth, bib, a couple of pacis, some small teething toys, Mylicon gas drops, and infant's Tylenol. Before I go anywhere, I'll throw in a couple of bottles, a change of clothes for DD, my wallet, makeup bag, and cell phone.

Well traditionally I'm a bag-o-holic but for some reason I'm too lazy to want a new bag. I've been using my *Carter's tote* that was a special for $10 with purchase this past summer. I suppose it's working too well!
    All it is is a tote.... it's navy on the outside with a striped pattern on the inside. It is reversible too. It has 2 outer and 2 inner pockets - roomy just enough for my water bottle. I use the inside ones for a number of small things. It has stiff handles that work perfect for over the shoulders and the tops is open but it does have a snap closure which I almost never use.
    I keep about 4 diapers (I use sposies now), wipes, change of clothes, fleece changing pad, my wallet and such in there... lots of room. Only thing is sometimes I have to dig around in there to find stuff.
    For now it's working and I'm happy!!
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Am I the only one???

LOL-I have to admit that I still use the free Similac bag as my main diaper bag! To me it is the perfect size\set-up. I also have an Eddie Bauer bp that I have never used and a not-a-diaper-bag tote ala ISM that does not zip close and to me is impractical.

It contains:
    3 diapers & wipe contaier
    Extra ls tee and maybe a pair of sweats (depending on where we are going)
    small tupperware of Cherrios
    spoon
    Palmers cream
    Mommy's Helper bottle holder w/ toy attached (my MOST essential item!)
    board book
    burp cloth
    thin blanket for diap changes
    my wallet and small makeup bag w/ brush, chapstick, etc

I also use a small 9 West bag (purse) that has an inner pouch and an outside zipper compartment for quick trips. The main compartment holds 1 diaper and wipes, burp cloth, and my Mommy Helper w/ toy. Plus a ziploc w/ snack and a small water bottle. I keep my wallet, keys, etc in the front compartment -and also my club cards (CVS, BJs, etc) in the built in wallet-y type thing. I can shove a pack of gum and my coupon hoolder in the bag pocket.

I just discovered a small rip in my Similac bag so now I will be forced to replace it
    :(

I saw a similarly shaped bag on BRUs website. Ill go check it out in person when I get a chance! I will be happy if it is similar -yet different in that it is blck or tan rather than the chessy blue print!
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

mtnmom9 Guest

Default RE: **POLL** BACKPACKS RULE!:)

I love this & don't understand why more women don't use a backpack diaper bag. I think it's great for a few reasons: you can always free up a hand/arm to use for opening doors or for personal safety (you're already a target as you're likely distracted by baby/vulnerable when getting baby in/out of car/stroller....so at the very least, be able to instantly free up a hand/arm hand to use your car remote panic alarm or to hit someone, etc). Also, save your back by being able to ergonomically (sp?)carry your infant seat close to your body & with both hands most of the time (see "lecture" above!)with shoulders straight vs. hiking a shoulder to keep a purse style diaper bag from sliding off or needing to use your other hand to hold the purse style.

Eddie Bauer Backpack Diaper Bag (and fanny pack with wallet & phone), with:
    ziplock of wipes
    diapers
    rain cover & bug net for infant seat
    extra baby outfit, plus onesie & 1 pr socks
    2 pacifiers
    burp cloth
    1-2 blankets depending on weather
    hat
    bottle
    divided container for formula powder
    sometimes bottled water depending on where we're going
    small size Mylicon
    small size Baby Tylenol
    thermometer
    changing mat (bought one from BRU that's bigger, as the one that came with the pack was tiny...I took it out and use it for floor changing in our living room vs. going upstairs all of the time to the changing table)
    diaper rash cream
    tampon & panty liner :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast