Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi, everyone!

With the flurry of activity on this forum lately, I want to know all the diaper bags in your current collection. Please feel free to list where you got them, what you like/dislike about them, etc. Also, if you are still looking for the perfect diaper bag (and who isn't?), post that too! Maybe someone can offer some advice on what might work for you.

My current stash:

-Baby Trend Activpak backpack in navy. Bought at BRU. Love, love, love this bag. Very good organization. However, the ladies in the church nursery never find the diapers and wipes in it and tell me that I am out of diapers!LOL

-Lands' End Little Tripper. Not the newest one, but the one before that with little handles on it. I like it for the church nursery (they can find the diapers :) ).

-2 handmade bags from ebay. Don't use these at all. One is too floppy and I don't like the pockets on the other one. They are well-made, but don't suit me.

Just sold my Sally Spicer diaper bag. It was too big for my needs. I have bought and returned numerous diaper bags, tote bags, and backpacks in the past (I lost count after 20).

Current quest: A medium size bag. Backpack or messenger style. Lightweight. Durable fabrics (I am tough on diaper bags). I need something between the Little Tripper and the Activpak. I don't like having to switch back and forth between them. The Activpak is a little too big for everyday, but the Little tripper is too small. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any suggestions!

sbjf Guest

Default I don't have mine yet, but here's what I'm thinking....

I'm planning on getting the Loom Marsupial Diaper Bag to use as my daily bag and the coordinating Loom Watermelon Clutch which will hold my purse items. The clutch is able to be clipped on to the key ring holder thingy in the Marsupial.

I also REALLY like the Baby Sherpa backpacks, I think they are so cool and I would love to have one to keep in the car and also for amusment park type outings. I don't think I can get both right off the bat though.

I also like the looks and reviews of the Lands End Do-It-All, but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have a long strap so I probably won't get this, unless maybe I get this instead of the Sherpa for the car?

On the other hand, I may just use my HUGE big ol' LL Bean Canvas bag in the trunk area with a stock of stuff. I'd even be able to put a little soft cooler within it. Plus, this would save me from needing to buy anything else. Only thing is it has my maiden name on the side instead of my married one, but that's not a big deal.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Oh boy...

Let's go with those I use regularly:

Sally Spicer Baby Bag
    Ella Lily Diaper Bag
    Avent Backpack
    Regular Old Columbia/Kohl's backpack (for big day trips where Daddy can carry it)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

GULP!

The two most frequently used are:

LE Little Tripper (2 styles ago...): I use this most of the time now

Timbuk2 messenger bag: I use this for all day and dinner outings (when I need a lot of toys and other paraphanalia)

Also have and still like:

Combi Traditional bag: I like this one for travel since it is very well organized

Eddie Bauer diaper backpack: I don't know why, but I just don't really use this one anymore?

Also have and no longer like:

Combi Urban Sling: too inbetween to be really good for anything, but I love how it is organized

Lands End Deluxe Do It All: DH talked me into this one and I have hated it from day 1...
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

A Baby Baggage black bag that I got at Baby Depot for about $20. It is ugly, but I really love this bag. Two separate compartments (I like to keep diapering stuff separate from everything else), adjustable shoulder strap (hangs off of the stroller nicely), lightweight, easy to get into. It's kinda like a knock-off of the Bjorn clamshell bag, but not a hard shell all around.

A Caroline style Ella bag - just started using this and it is a nice little bag! All the short trip essentials fit in here nicely.

An Elaine style Ella bag - haven't used yet because I had to return it to Aimee for a correction.

The Combi Traditional. We've used it a few times for longer outings, and it is a nice bag, but I just don't reach for it. No good reason!

A small black bag that I got at Marshall's pre-baby. It worked okay for a while but the zipper didn't open very wide.

A backpack also from Marshall's, bought pre-baby. I never really used this - again, no particular reason.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Default Well, I guess I'm a minimalist:

Here's what I have:

Baby Trend Tote diaper bag
    ISM large tote

The Baby Trend Tote diaper bag was the only one I had unitl this week. It's good for travel and longer trips but was too big for everyday use so I got the ISM- I've only used this twice- it's smaller than what I expected but works great for everyday errands etc. Now that I've downsized my diaper bag I'm planning on keeping the hospital freebie bag in the car with extra diapers, wipes, water bottle, jacket etc.

What I'm lusting after is a medium sized messenger type bag. Both of my bags are kind of girly for DH- though he will take the Baby trend Tote- but he just leaves it in the car. He rarely does on long trips with DS without me. We would also use this bag for travel so it would needto fill stuff for DS for an entire day.

I think I want a Skip Hop Duo in Navy to coordinate with my Navy Combi US- since the basket is sooo small. Anyone seen one in real life? It may be too small for travel. Or a timbuk2 in Navy and Steel (PeeWee or El ocho).

Since I just got the ISM I'm thinking this purchase will have to wait or DH will freak out!!!

Oh yeah DS is 11 months

ETA: Can you guys believe the Combi is our one and only stroller!!!

Default RE: Well, I guess I'm a minimalist:

Let's see:

Lands End Do-It-All (original model)
    Lands End Backpack
    Kate Spade tote (not actually a diaper bag but was a gift to use as such)
    I'm Still Me back pack/tote in Ladder Abstract

The first 3 bags are all black. The I'm Still Me has some color. I tend to like black bags because I wear a lot of black, and they go with everything.

We used the Do-It-All with DS#1 when we used to carry the kitchen sink, lol. Now, I use that bag when I go out alone with both kids. When DH and I go out with both, we tend to carry two bags--one for each. DH uses the Lands End Backpack. I alternate betwen the Kate Spade tote and the I'm Still Me bag. I like the I'm Still Me, but I don't find the pockets deep enough to hold items tightly. And I still have to dig for things to some degree.

I would like and I'm Still Me or an Ella bag for spring, but I have to buy big if there's any chance of fitting items for both kids. I don't understand how people pack light. With babies, you always need spare clothes, burp cloths, etc., and with toddlers, there are sippy cups, toys, snacks, etc.

Lisa
    & Jack, 4/20/01
    & Joshua, 11/16/03

Currently, I'm planning on getting the Loom Marsupial in moss green. I'm even thinking about getting the olive green Zippy stroller instead of navy blue to coordinate, how sad is that?

I've been looking at zillions of designer tote bags hoping to find something promising, and I've hated it all. Until I saw the Loom -- now I'm in love. I just hope I don't look too young carrying such a rugged bag -- I'm 23 and don't want to be mistaken for a teenage mom!

Not that many! :)

LE diaper backpack
    Combi Urban Sling
    Longchamps leather bag (not a diaper bag but I use it as such)
    Ella on the way

Lusting for: Timbuk 2
    Mom to R and R

papal Guest

I have drooled over many but closed the webpage before i hit 'Process Order'. So here is what i have so far:

1. LE Messenger Style in Burnt Orange. Hate it, love the changing pad and the little bag inside to keep wipes and stuff.
    2. Black leather diaper bag from Zany Brainy. Not sure what the brand name is. Love it but does not have as many inside pockets as i would like. And its not too much fun to look at.
    3. Elaine Ella which is on the way.

Do the two free diaper bags i got from the hospital count?

Rashmi
    (mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast