Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    KYBelle1102 Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi all...

Fairly new to the boards, and quickly developing my stroller / diaper bag / children's clothing obsessions..

My small collection has:

**LE Little Tripper (summer '03 before the updates)-love it. Use it for the quick trips (church, short mall trips, etc) and DH uses it all the time

**LE Do it All (also Summer '03) don't use it that much, but like it for weekend trips

** Baby Innovations backpack- got on sale at BRU. Like the insulated bottle pockets but the inside is too narrow. Have to haul everything out to get to something on the bottom.

**Kelty Kids backpack-not very fashionable, but I love this bag. 3 different handle configuarations (backpack, shoulder strap, or small handles on the top) easy access zippers, deep pockets. Only complaint is no insulated bottle pockets.

I'm surfing for a real stylish one...the diaper bags.com site is great. I might have to break down and get one or three.

TTFN,
    Becki
    Mom to Spencer 9.2.03

JenCA Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

I have the Kate Spade "contents" bag (black w/ green trim)and the Petunia Picklebottom sunset dragon roll toddler tote.

blnony Guest

The two I use now:
    XL ISM Tote
    Elaine Size Ella Bag

I like the Elaine for short trips or when I don't to super-pack. I like the ISM when I need more and plan to be out longer.

I've had:
    LE Do it All
    Combi Backpack
    Babystyle Tote

I've decided I like bags with lighter interiors; much easier to find things. And I like the ISM and Ella's with a lot of pockets.
    Right now these two are working pretty good; much better than the previous ones I've used.

HOLY MOLY! I am astonished at the collection some of you have! I am ROFL because I've been diaper bag obsessed since 1991 when my first was born, but felt I was the ONLY one out there (no internet, lol!) Now that I am on my 4th I've slowed way down with the obsession but still get a kick (and that nagging feeling that I need a new one)out of looking at what is available these days.

Over the years I've had (and I know I'm forgetting some):
    Weebok (1992) - cavernous bag that didn't close on top (bad design!) but had lots of compartments

LE Do It All - 1994. Used it a lot actually and finally sold it somewhere for $15 in 1999.

Various totes (not designated dipe bags but used as such)

THESE days I have:

6 hospital bags (kind of my latest obsession, not sure why?)- I get them from the adoption agency I cradle for (from formula reps).

Kelty backpack (great for trips)

LE multi tot tote in green(got it for that $14 sale - I use it as Taggert's luggage bag!)

LE medium compartment zip canvas tote (don't really use this these days - has my initials on it) but I'm sure someday it will be useful again

Carters Starters black bag with teal blue trim - looks like an old do-it-all but a bit smaller. Actually this is a great bag - I used it for a couple of months then retired it for some reason..... hmmmmm??....

Carters reversible tote bag in blue ($10 special purchase gift I got this summer) I used this every day till about a week ago.

Right now I just switched to the Enfamil freebie black bag I got today..... from my black Similac bag because it was overflowing with stuff (and the Enfamil one is a tad bigger).
    Boring, yet functional. That is my motto today, lol

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to raid some of your closets and basements to view your dipe-bag stash, lol!
    Maria
    ~Mama to 4~
    ~Foster mama to baby girl R born 8/08~

emmiem is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi,
    I have the following diaper bags:
    abenbag-two different prints, love the fabric, hate the closures. Everythng falls out.
    Coach tote-too heavy empty, too heavy filled
    Kate Spade Diaper bag-liked when we were in bottles. Too big now. Wish straps were longer.
    Kate Spade Messenger-Love it!
    Petunia Picklebottom Toddler Tote-have the Black Dragon print and the Brown Peacock print. Blanking out on the names. These are in use right now. Love them. Losing a little shape from wear.
    Gap Backpack-liked for a while. Too ordinary.
    Michele

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want ...

I have a these:
    Red Little Tripper used in Dh's car
    Black Gap diaper backpack, used from birth and I'm tired of it!
    Black Avent tote, like but need longer straps
    Chester backpack, aqua with bugs, love this one for summer!

Just ordered a Land's End backpack, last years model, for weekend trips
    Wanting to buy a Petunia Pickle Bottom Backpack

Sold:
    Baby Bjorn Clamshell
    Baby Bjorn Backpack
    Fleurville Alpha 7

Jami with Ella, 2 years:-)

Toni, you crack me up! :) I, obviously, should stop, but I keep looking. This is the one that I have been eyeing for the past few months:

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/p...roduct_id=3657

Those Timbuk2s look fabulous--and I love how you can pick your own colors. I also found a website where you can build your own Longchamp bag too--you chose the size, color combo, handle size, and even the color of the hardware (golden, nickel, or bronze):

http://www.eboutiquelongchamp.com/catalog/index_en.php

I am intrigued! And I forgot to mention that I ordered yet another Ella backpack (in red, black and white) and it's currently being created.

I definitely need a 12-step program. }(

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Maureen,

I love that green silk bag at poshtots! It is just beautiful! I also love the longchamp build your own bag. I bought a Longchamp bag at Nordstrom to use as a diaper bag when DS was a few weeks old(black microfiber with black leather handles), but DH refused to carry it. I don't think it helped that when he put it on his shoulder to see if it would fit I died laughing. It did look really silly, because it was stuck in his armpit. I guess I got my punishment, because I returned the bag.

I agree - I think we should have some kind of 12 step program! However, I am not quite ready to change my ways yet! And I think admitting that I have a problem is the first step towards recovery!LOL!

I want pictures of your Ella bags when they come in! Let me know if you get the one from poshtots!

the5howards Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want ...

Okay I have been collection diaper bags since 1996. I have way too many.

1. Sally spicer diaper bag in dragonfly wine
    2. Chester Faces Diaper Bag
    3. LE Dia from 1997
    4 LE Little tripper 2000
    5. LE Tote that i use as a diaper bag for Church
    6. Handmade Green Toile I got as a baby gift
    7. Gap Ultimate Backpack (the one with the messenger strap)
    8. LE Little tripper backpack 2001
    9. Just ordered and need to go pick up Alpha 7 in Red Canvas
    10. About to order Loom Marsupial probably in black.

Ones that I have had and sold
    1 Coach multi function Twill hamptons bag
    2. Vera bradley baby bag
    3 LE DIA 2001
    4 Le back pack two different years
    5 Vera bradley Villager
    6 Nicole miller messenger bag
    7 Nine west messenger bac
    8. Several ebay handmade toile totes
    9. Maclaren bowling tote
    10 Kenneth cole Hacky Sack Tote both large an small sizes.

Chrissy Mama to A (6) , A (4) and H (1)

tarheelmom Guest

OK, here's what I can remember - I have too many, as my dh would be happy to tell you!

Babystyle Un-Diaper bag in black
    Traditional Combi black bag
    Black Similac hospital freebie
    Deluxe Do-it-all Lands End in blue
    2 ISM XL backpacks
    Gap large toile diaper bag

Of course, I have numerous tote bags that I sometimes use for baby stuff as well.

I have never once used the Similac bag or the Combi. The Babystyle bag I used for a while, but haven't used it in ages. I only use the LE bag for travel. My absolute faves are the ISM backpacks. I use a red toile one now, and have a tan toile one for this spring/summer. Once I got those, I haven't lusted after any others. Although I've been tempted by the Ellas... :)

Carmen
    Mom to Ryan and Seth

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast