Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    tigalig Guest

Default RE: Diaper bag roll call - post your collection here! Inquiring minds want to know!

Hi again. I'm still amazed that there are others who love diaper bags too! And to think I almost ended up buying another ho hum one.

LE - classic do it all (when I thought I needed to take everything with me everywhere)

LE - little tripper (2001 version) - great for quick runs, but not big enough to hold "my" stuff too

PLUS two or three other nameless bags that I never used that I have donated to our good will

One tote bag from heartandseoul.com - I think the design is called "Children of the World." I absolutely love the design on this bag (because our children are adopted internationally), just wish I could sew pockets in it!

Ida
    (now addicted too, thanks to all of you and your great descriptions of diaper bags out there)

Default RE: Thanks for posting your collections! Anyone else care to post?

I loved your post! I have become quite the lurker on the diaper bag board just to get ideas on bags for myself. I was amazed at how many bags people have but when I started doing my own inventory I realized that I have quite a few myself!! So here I am to fess up...

CURRENTLY OWN:

Nine West mini shopper baby tote (found this one at TJ Maxx for a cool $29 bucks) and LOVE the size, but want something that I could be hands free with. One of the straps sometimes falls off my shoulder. I use this one all the time right now.

Nicole Miller messenger bag - plan on using later for longer trips and when DD may be into more toys, needing food snacks, etc. I just bought it on e-bay.

Eddie Bauer backpack - I thought it was so cool initially, used it for about a week but it is hard to find things in it, and since I pack light this was annoying! It also has a bulky feel to it, even when empty.

Eddie Bauer Messenger Bag - a gift, will probably save it for long vacations, though I HATE the black interior. I may return it and get a Lands End Do it all for this purpose.

Straw tote bag from Target with blue pinstripe lining. It was only 16.99 and I may use it during the summer. Not a diaper bag but has two compartments and an inner zippered compartment. (Or I may return it and just buy myself a bathing suit!!)

Four freebies from the hospital and pediatrician's office. In fact when I was interviewing some pediatricians, they were just giving them out. I plan on using them as a bag for Grandma's house and the baby sitter.

BOUGHT AND RETURNED:

LE day tripper - didn't like the way it looked. Great size, just wanted something more stylish.

Undiaper bag from Babystyle - too big

Combi Urban Sling - cool looking, but still kind of a black hole effect. It seemed big looking for what it can actually hold.

I am considering:

The LA Sling Elegance backpack by Samsonite. It can be worn sling style or as a backpack and doesn't look too big, just about medium size. It is on the diaperbags.com website but I am not sure what the interior looks like. Hopefully it will solve the hands free problem. Could not find many comments on this bag.

An Ella tote or backpack in the Cabana stripe pattern. Maybe. It looks so cool for summer but I'm learning that I'm not a huge fan of totes, and may consider the backpack style.

**I just have to laugh at my own diaper bag obsession! I never even really carried a purse, just kind of a wallet on a string thigamajig. It seems that now that I am a mama I am paranoid about becoming one of those frumpy women I see out and about from time to time. And I definitely hated to shop before, But now - all that has changed. Maybe I am starting to have too much time on my hands...until I return to work in one month :)

Mary

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5