Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mamahill Guest

Default Timbuk2 pictures - Finally!

All right, I'm reporting in. Just took the pictures and on my screen the colors look pretty accurate, but just for a point of reference, I threw in the Field's Book (the version from a couple years ago, though).

The strap is about 2 inches wide and very sturdy. My colors are silver-mint-gray, in cordura. I opted to color the logo silver, something I am VERY glad I did since the yellow totally sticks out. I didn't have a choice on the strap pouch, but I'm ok with that. The mint is more of a dusty mint, than a bright mint, in my opinion. Also, when I first opened the box and saw the color on the right, I thought, "Wow, that black looks washed out." Duh, then I realized I had ordered GRAY. I am very pleased with my selection.

The second picture shows the pouch, which I usually use to store keys and sometimes my sunglasses. The third picture shows the front when it's open - notice there's a little pocket, and a little zippered pocket. I keep a packet of Elmo snacks there:). The fourth shows what the inside looks like. I've opened the middle pouch there - another must, and I'm so glad people here recommended it. Inside I keep a wipes pouch, her diaper cream, and some Purell. In the back section I keep diapers, a changing pad (which I'm going to take out because it's puffy, and use the disposable ones I've seen), and a light jacket for Ainsleigh. The 5th picture is a view of the inside from the other direction. I closed the inside pouch, so you could see the difference. And finally, the last picture is a detailed pic of what I call the "mommy section." I even labeled some of it so you can see. In that front part, but not in the mommy section, I keep my wallet, a take&toss cup of crackers, Ainsleigh's sketch pad, and whatever miscellaneous stuff I throw in at the last minute.

I don't have a cell phone, but I think I would definitely get a cell phone holder if I did have one. The strap pouch (and most accessories, I think) can be added or taken off at any time, thank you velcro. The ballistic fabric has a bit more of a sheen to it, but I chose cordura for the fabric choices;). Also, notice the silver inside - that's a lining so it stays waterproof, so even though ballistic is said to be more waterproof, the truth is that cordura is just as good, unless you're going swimming, in which case I don't think either will keep those diapers dry.

Oh, there's also another strap that clips on one side of the bag and then goes across your body, to the large strap, but it's mostly for messengers, or people who need to stabilize their bag better. and the white things hanging off the bottom are reflectors. At first I thought I'd take them off, but now I really dig them. Plus, it's nice to have when you're coming out of somewhere at dusk or dark.

I hope that covers everything. If you have any questions, let me know. I can't tell you how much I love this bag!!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2556.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2557.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2558.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2559.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2560.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2561.jpg

mamahill Guest

Default RE: Timbuk2 pictures - Finally!

I forgot to mention that I have the small bag. Ok, now I'm finished.

smomom Guest

That is AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much!!!! Maybe I can have some colors picked out in time to make this an anniversary present for myself! (that gives me a couple of months - it will take at least that long to make a decision :))

Thanks so much for going to all of that trouble. It really helps to see it in use.

sbjf Guest

Great pics and review, it was worth the wait!

I've been planning on the Loom Marsupial but I will also seriously consider this bad boy, too!

Thanks!!

kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sarah,

Thanks so much for the review! The bag looks awesome! Is the pouch in the second picture attached to the strap? If so, is it removable?
    Are those cloth diapers in the bag? I am now using cloth wipes with Andrew (he has become very sensitive to the Huggies wipes) and I would need room for the cloth wipes and a little wet bag.

You were supposed to post a picture modeling it for us! I usually can't visualize a size unless someone is holding it!LOL!

Thanks again for the review! My anniversary is in May - maybe I can ask for one then!

MariFP Guest

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am just in love with this bag!!
    The pics are great.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you for the photos & review! I can't believe that is the *small* one! I had always looked at the medium, but that looks plenty large.

mamahill Guest

Yes, the pouch is removable (attaches by velcro) - it slides along the strap, so you can have it on either end. At first I thought I wanted it to stay at my sternum, and was s little bummed when it slid, but now I'm glad it does that.

No (sheepish look), those aren't cloth diapers - but that would be one reason I'd ditch the puffy changing pad - so I COULD have room for the cds. Generally, if I'm going to be gone long enough that a diaper change is in order, then I throw in an AIO or something, but if she's going to grandma's or a babysitter's, then I pack disposables. You would definitely have room for both the cds and the wet bag, I'm sure, I keep a huggies wipes case with me, but if I'm in a restroom where it's feasible, I just wet a paper towel and use that.

And about the modeling :) - Ainsleigh isn't so good with a camera, and since I woke up with ears aching, congestion, and a headache, it was one of those wash&go days and, prideful that I am, I'm not posting pics of what I look like today:D. How's this for imagery: it's about as wide as my a$$ - lol!

mamahill Guest

I think it was Beth who either said she had the medium and would have got the small, or that she had the small. In any event, I have the LE Little Tripper and wanted something a little bigger, but not gargantuan, and Beth and maybe Lori (can't recall now) recommended the small. Good move because it is plenty big. I can fit loads of stuff in there if I really pack it in. And if I can't fit something in, then I know I'm packing too much!

parkersmama Guest

Gee, thanks. Another bag for me to lust after! Dh is going to croak. LOL! It's beeeeaaa-uuuuuu-ti-ful!

So, the small is bigger than your little tripper? Also, folks, don't be fooled...I've seen lots of pics of Sarah and her a$$ ain't all that big! :) (How's that for a compliment? LOL!)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast