Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Timbuk2 pictures - Finally!

sarah, when you say small ( i just found the web site) do you mean the metro mini messenger?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

sarahfran Guest

You can do custom through the gear guys site. I haven't done it, but I see that they offer custom with the same deal. BUT who knows what hassle one might run into in dealing with a third party. Going straight to the source ensures you of getting what you want.

Thanks for the pilling/shiny input. I noticed that you couldn't get the interior divider add-on with the ballistic... enough to make me go cordura. And I >ahem< don't think I'll be exerting myself tooooo much when using the bag, so I'm unlikely to work up much friction.

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Calmegja2 Guest

I have an interior divider with the ballistic, and so does my husband, is it just GearGuys that won't add that on? I love the interior pouch. It's a great addition to have, and helps me keep things separated. DH uses his as a wet clothes holder when he goes to the gym. I've got mine filled with bibs, wipes, crayons, coloring pages....

I have the PeeWee size, by the way, which is what it looks like MamaHill has, as well. The MetroMessenger is too small for what I wanted to use it for. I think.

nohomama Guest

Default RE: Pics of the bigger size?

I'll try and post pics of my T2 El Ocho (medium sized) bag later today. At some point I'd like to order a PeeWee. I love my bag but for a light packer, it's pretty ginormous.

mamahill Guest

No - sorry - I mean the PeeWee. It's under Messenger bags, not Small bags. And I used the "build your own bag" feature. A little pricier, but as I've said, I didn't care (wow, that makes me sound so financially UN-caring, which soooo isn't true!). And I am so glad that's what I did. Also, I'll rationalize that it's a store here in SF so I'm supporting the local economy:).

Oh, and from what I can tell, it's constructed and sewn REALLY well. Sheesh, you'd think I was in love, the way I go on and on and on...

mamahill Guest

>Ladies and gentlemen, meet my new best friend! LOL! ;-)

Oh, can you imagine how HOT we would look with our bags, strolling down the sidewalk?! LOL. I love the idea of a red bag & stroller, but having been blessed (cursed?) with pretty bright red hair, I shy away from anything in the warm shades:).

And, btw, I checked out your pictures and your kids are absolutely ADORABLE!! Is that Meg with the glasses? Good heavens, I would just eat her up!! And was that you pulling the wagon? You DO look fabulous - add that fantastic bag AND that you're a mother of 4 and, well, we've all got a lot to live up to!:)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Butting in -- Timbuk2 El Ocho (medium size)

I have the T2 El Ocho, which I purchased a year ago from Title 9 Sports as a gym bag. I have to say that this bag is HUGE!!! I would consider using it for a weekend away diaper bag, but I really think it would be far too big for my use for a diaper bag.

I'm considering either the Pee Wee or the Metro Messenger. I also have the LE new Little Tripper and the LE new Do It All (which I also think is too big for daily use and don't get me started on those dang "shoulder" straps!).

Oh yes, I have all these bags and I haven't had this baby yet! :) I am a "bag hound" and the whole diaper bag thing gives me a new excuse to shop!

Melissa

I love this bag! Thank you so much for sharing pictures and such an extensive review!

Catherine (33)
    dh James (32)
    Barker (local)
    WHFC (China)
    dtc 10/20/03
    logged in 10/22/03

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default SARAH: please post a pic of you WITH the bag!!!

i just can't get it in my head exactly how big this bag is (even though i know the dimensions)...i was hoping to see a person carrying it, namely you :) come on sarah, we already know how gorgeous you are, pretty please?!

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Calmegja2 Guest

Sarah,

You are too sweet!

That's Meg with the glasses. She's eat her up adorable most days, and then she has those "I'm completely four years old" days thrown in there to keep us guessing.... ;-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast