lmariana Guest

Default Insulated Bottle Holders- how well do they work?

Okay, so a lot of diaper bags have built in insulated bottle holders. How effective are they? I'm talking about formula bottles in particular. I just don't think it could keep a bottle cold enough (under 45 degrees).

How does everyone else use them? How else could I keep a bottle cold? I've been toting around a bottle pack (the freebie one from Similac) with some ice packs, but I had a DISASTER with it and an Avent bottle over the weekend.

I used to think the built in insulated holders were awesome, but I just never use the one in my Loom and I'm eyeing the occupied space longingly.

Help!

Mariana
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Chelsey333 Guest

Default RE: Insulated Bottle Holders- how well do they work?

I am curious as to what happened to your Avent bottle and ice pack? I use the same thing. Did the ice pack break open and cause a mess? I am also curious about insulated bottle holders. I see them hanging off of diaper bags in the store and never know what you would use it for, bec it can't keep a bottle cold or warm for long, right?

lmariana Guest

Default RE: Insulated Bottle Holders- how well do they work?

Actually, the ice pack held up fine, it was the bottle that caused the mess! I had bought the sealing disc for the Avent bottles and put two in an insulated bottle bag (the freebie one from Similac) with ice packs. The first bottle did fine, but when I picked up the bottle bag for the second feeding, there was formula EVERYWHERE!!

The ring had come unscrewed and dumped 8 oz. of formula in the bottle bag which then leaked formula into the stroller basket. I didn't notice the puddle of formula in the basket and picked up the bag, spraying formula all over myself, my stroller, by Ella Bag, my baby, and Disney! It was not a pretty sight. I don't think I'll be pre-mixing formula again any time soon!

Mariana
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003