Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Need a travel/thin high chair cover and cart cover.

we have a buggybag, which i love for the shopping cart, but for the high chair, lauren's starting to get too big for it, and with all that padding, it makes it difficult to get her in and out (she's 19.5 pounds).

can anyone suggest one they really like that is thin (e.g. not much or no padding) and that would actually be able to travel (e.g. we can pack it in the suitcase fairly small?) i don't so much care about price as i care about functionality.

thanks!

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Need a travel/thin high chair cover and cart cover.

I think that the covers4kids.com covers meet your needs!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sarahfran Guest

I just bought one online from ebay, it arrived today. Here's the item I bought:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20414 (I think you have to copy/paste the link)

I haven't tried it in a cart or highchair yet, but it's very well made, was a great price ($23.95 total with shipping), and folds down into its own little attached pouch. The envelope style pouch it folds into is 8 1/2 inches by 9 inches when flat. There's no padding, but it's double ply (fully lined and reversible, no seams showing anywhere, good safety belt). It will be super easy to throw into a diaper bag. Great for travel.

This seller's store is called "Sewing up treasures", but she also seems to sell under the name jadepenni. I used "buy it now", but afterwards realized that I probably could've bid on one and gotten cheaper.

I hope this helps!

-Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

Jeanmick Guest

Ran across this the other day:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp...760&change=117

Would this work for you?

HTH!

You know that is so funny! I actually bought a cover (with lots of padding) from "Jadepenni" a while back ago. It is in blue toile and gorgeous. I don't want to sound like I am asking for credit, but I asked her at that time whether she could make me one without padding because I wanted it to be compact... She was so nice and going along with all my special request, but then I saw her latest auction of the blue toile fabric, I decided to use BIN to snatch it up.

Anyway, thank you for the link to her new offerings. I just e-mailed her and asked her whether she could make me a Pocket-pak in the same toile fabric in time. It will be great for our trip overseas in March. :) Cheers, Lin

lori, would it be compact enough to put into a diaper bag when necessary?

the other one suggested below sounds good too, but this one has more reviews on it, so i'll probably go with it. though people have said the prices are $32.99 or $35 and on the site it looks like they're low $40's. have the prices changed?

also, i like the looks of some of the toiles - beautiful toile is nice. are the fabrics nice?

thanks for the review!

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

i like the victorian rose one. looks pretty. you're really happy with this?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No, not compact enough for a diaper bag unless your diaper bag is pretty big! There is light padding in it, so that's why it doesn't fold super small. But it is definitely compact enough to tuck in a suitcase.

ETA: You can get a single standard cover on her site for $32.99. Some fabrics cost more, though. We got the fire engine print and have been happy with it!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sarahfran Guest

I'm very happy with the quality and appearance, but I still haven't been able to try it in a shopping cart or restaurant highchair, so I can't yet say that it's perfect from a utility standpoint. I was very tempted to go to a store today just to give it a test run, but we opted to spend the day in the sunshine instead.

It fits nicely in my diaper bag and is lightweight, etc. Do clarify with the seller what color the liner/reverse will be before you purchase. Mine turned out to be bright orange rather than the blue in the photo on ebay. I don't care at all, but thought I'd mention so you can check on it if you're concerned.

I probably won't be able to give it a test drive until Weds, but will be happy to post a review then if you like :).
    -Sarah
    Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

please do! i am not going to buy it immediately, so would love a test drive :)

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast