Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    lmariana Guest

Default RE: Co-co craziness! I've emailed SkipHop!

Ah! Why must every co-op begin right after I purchase that bag!!! I got a Loom 2 weeks ago and a Skip Hop shortly after! I think you have the right idea, ask about a co-op before buying! If only I had the patience to wait for something....

If we did get a co-op with Skip Hop, I would get a second one, just to support them. I think their bags rock!

Mariana
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

wow mariana, you have both a loom and a skip hop. can you tell me how they fulfill different needs for you? just looking for justification for ME to buy both :) i know the skip hop attaches to the stroller, but would it work on a P3? it didn't look that way, but i might be wrong. is the interior a lighter color?

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Along the lines of Tammy's question, I've only seen pictures of the Skip-Hop attached to umbrella strollers. Would this work with a single handle stroller? I'd like to consider this for my Y2k when I'm out and don't want to lug my bigger bags.

Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

ginamlee Guest

Default RE: Here's our discount!

Michael at SkipHop got back to me.

He worked out a discount with one of his distributors.

BabyBox sells the bag for $50. He got us a 10% coupon to use with them, making the bag $45.

Here is his note:

"If you go to www.babybox.com and use the coupon urbanb10, the Baby Bargain community users can get a 10% discount on any order of $50 or more. The coupon expires March 15th."

Now, if you all can hold off for a little bit ;), I want to email BabyBox and see if they can give us some free shipping..... :D

I'll let you know if I am successful!

ETA: By the way, the code would work on anything on the site and they also carry Fleurville bags.....

mattysmom Guest

Thank you for being so persistent! Free shipping would be GREAT - especially since babybox was ALREADY offering the 10% off (according to mariana, I think). You are terrific for doing this for all of us!
    THANKS and I will wait to order until you post again!

ginamlee Guest

I've emailed Michael at SkipHop again. I told him that if we could get $42.50 with free shipping, I anticipated a large response.

I'll let you know what I hear. Again...doesn't hurt to ask.

ETA: Michael is going to see what he can do at that price. I also asked Kathleen at Baby Box about the same pricing. I don't think it is unreasonable and I'm sure they would still make a good profit.

Default Questions for those with a skip hop duo??

If we get free shipping, I'm definately getting one. I need a navy bag for my navy combi US. The basket will not fit any diaper bag. We have a 3 trips coming up and I had a few questions...

1. Will the bag hang on a bar stroller handle or only on umbrella handles? I think it will b/c Mariana posted pics on her kiwi and if you can use it on shopping cart it must be okay.

2. Is it a good travel bag or is it too small? I would need to carry the following:

6 size 4 diapers
    travel wipes case
    lunch/snacks
    sippy cup- and cooler that comes with the similac bag
    toys to entertain
    bib
    extra clothes

And all of my stuff: wallet, keys, cell phone, small cosmetic bag with toothbrush etc. Magazine etc. water bottle.

3. I was planning on just using the freebie enfamil bag ( but it's black so wouldn't go with the navy stroller).I could just hang it off of my stoller. Is the skip hop bigger than this bag? Which do you think would work better for travel?

4. Is it comfoprtable to wear messenger style?

I really want a messenger style bag. I have a large ISM for the summer and I really love it for everyday but need a bag that can hold more for travel and that DH can use. What do you guys think? I know the more expensive messenger bags like the loom and timbuk2 are probably better but since these bags are too big for me to use everyday I can't justify the cost.

Anyone willing to talk me out of this one and say the freebie Enfamil is just as good?

>I've emailed Michael at SkipHop again. I told him that if we
    >could get $42.50 with free shipping, I anticipated a large
    >response.
    >
    >I'll let you know what I hear. Again...doesn't hurt to
    >ask.
    >
    >ETA: Michael is going to see what he can do at that price. I
    >also asked Kathleen at Baby Box about the same pricing. I
    >don't think it is unreasonable and I'm sure they would still
    >make a good profit.

Gina, I wuv u!!!! :) Now you think I can fool DH by telling him that the SkipHop bag costs only $20??? lol. You are the best. Thank you for doing this! Lin

mom2kandj Guest

Deidra -

Babystyle at FI has them instock. I was bummed 'cuz the bag didn't work on my Opus Duo. I looked to quick to see if it would work on your Y2k! HTH!

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

DDowning is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks Rose for the heads up. I need to go to FI anyway to pick up a hook at Resto.
    Curious, why did it not work for the Duo?
    Deidra

Mommy to
    DS (2003)
    DD (2005)
    Kelly's Kids Consultant

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast