Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Monogramming diaper bags...

I am thinking about getting a bag that would have monogramming, especially with the WW co-op as I adore those bags but am also considering getting another more utilitarian bag like a LE. I have seen a variety of options in catalogs or when I have been out but can't quite decide how I would do mine. If you were to purchase/have already purchased a bag with monogramming how would/did you do it:
    your first name
    your last name
    your initials
    your child's name
    your child's initials
    a single initial (I am thinking probably this would be the last initial?)
    Thank you for your input! :-)
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Default RE: Monogramming diaper bags...

I would probably do either my initials, or my first initial. I'm pretty wary about displaying my son's name in a public (in person) sort of way. I like either on the WW type bag, but would be more like to put all initials on an LE type bag. Good luck!

Kimberly
    Momma to Jack

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I monogrammed my ella bag. I used three intials b/c of the size of the bag. I thought one initial would be too small. I did this order:
    first name, last name, maiden name.......so it was cCg....hth

nitaghei Guest

I would stick with initials - either yours or your child's. I would never do my child's name - for safety (The same reason I don't have my dogs' names on their tags - just REWARD, and my address and phone number).

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Nita, I am picturing someone finding a lost dog of yours and talking to it saying "come here Reward, good boy Reward, sit Reward" and thinking what a silly name it is for a dog.

:)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

nitaghei Guest

HA!HA!HA! ROFL!!!

Honestly - I never even thought of that. Almost everyone I know does the same thing - what does that say about the people I hang out with? And my guys are microchipped as well. I don't have them tattooed, because they have so much coat that it's impossible to keep the tattoo visible - but most of my dog training buddies do all three.

And to clarify - the tattoo is a SSN or ID number that one registers with a database - not a rose or a skull or a heart or . . . (yes, I'm anticipating your next comment, Karen! :) )

Edited to add:

If you want the dog to respond, it should be:

REWARD, sit. REWARD, down. Name first, ALWAYS!!

This concludes the dog training tip of the day segment. :P

Brought to you as a public service by

Nita
    mom to Neel, January 2003
    dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

hahaha but wouldn't a little heart tattoo look pretty on the shaved part of a poodle?

:)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama Guest

When I first read this, I thought "Hey, I have a monogrammed diaper bag! I have input!" Then I realized that I've had probably 6 monogrammed diaper bags. LOL!! I've done several different things.

We always have a small bucket bag for the baby with his/her name on it and we use it pretty much exclusively to take diapers, snacks, cup, paci, etc. to the church nursery. It is monogrammed with the child's first name. These are adorable and I know many, many people who use them without problems. But, along the safety issue, I never embroider a child's name on their clothing for the same reason so I guess a diaper bag is similar.

We've had several Lands' End bags that we had monogrammed with our *last* name. These worked out great, especially since they've been used for multiple children. We will be taking our monogrammed LE backpack to Disney next (!!) month and I think having the family name monogrammed will help us to identify it.

And, lastly, I got a Bubblegum Bags diaper bag for the winter. I wanted it to be two fabrics on the outside and was disappointed when it arrived with one outside, one inside. So to liven it up, I got Amy Grace's initials monogrammed on it. First initial-Last initial-Middle initial: aRg

So, for me, it depends on your usage of the bag. I think it might be a bit odd to have my own initials or name on the diaper bag. After all, it's supposed to be the child's bag (hahaha...who here really believes that one?!).

I've never thought of the diaper bag as belonging to the child. That's why I'm always puzzled by moms of boys who lament about not being able to pick a girly print. Mom is a girl! :)

The diaper bag is mine, not the baby's. :)

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

parkersmama Guest

Yeah, it's all in how you look at it. If it's a bag that you carry all the time, it probably makes sense for it to be "yours". If dh carries it or you take it to daycare, etc, then it might work better for the bag to be "baby's". :)

I forgot to mention earlier, but I think that the large, one-letter monograms are very hot right now (at least around here). You could either use the first initial or last initial.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast