Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default RE: shopping cart covers

That sounds like a very cool idea! Please post a picture if you do that :) I would love to see it.

JenCA Guest

We have the Buggy Bagg and love it! Excellent product. :)

jec2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Linda, Vivian

Ours arrived yesterday and I love it. I was giddy with laughter when I opened the package (especially since I never thought I'd NEED this, but DH wouldn't let me put DS in a highchair at a restaraunt last weekend, so I had to have one :)) I love the cowpoke print and the red accents and also like that there are loops all over the place to attach toys to (even on the pillow so that I can attach it to the cover itself and not have it drop on a dirty floor).

But, upon close inspection I noticed that the trim around the leg holes isn't stitched perfectly. The stitches run-off of the trim and in one part it actually puckers the printed fabric. Of course, this is only cosmetic, but I'm just a little bummed. Do you think I should just accept that this is still functional and call it a good product or do think it is worth getting having Cathy fix it? I was thinking that I could just fix it myself. Oh, I wish I never sat down and inspected it last night.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4284.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4285.jpg
    Juliet, mama to DS 10/03 & DS 11/06

wendinbill Guest

Default RE: Linda, Vivian

Honestly, I would just keep it. It's only a shopping cart cover, and nobody but you would know the stitching was off. I'm pretty picky myself, but for something like a shopping cart cover, I wouldn't care.

That's kinda what I'm thinking too, but for some reason it just sorta bugged me last night. I think I will just keep it.

Default Review of sewcute boutique shopping cart covers

Also posting this as a seprate post in this forum...

So I got my cover Monday but had to wait til this weekend to try it out. Thank goodness the weekend started Friday! :)

It is AWESOME. Here are the details of what I got. I got the Hello Kitty print on one side but rather than get the complimentary fabric on reverse, I opted to get a second fabric for a boy just in case in the future. When I first got it, I had doubts though bc the way I imagined using it, I thought that both sides would show and then clash since they look nothing alike. But when I finally used it for the first time, I realized that one one side really shows.

As far as bulkiness of the batting, which was my main concern, Cathy told me she was making them with 10 oz batting but could use something else if I preferred. I wasn't able to get to the fabric store to see how thick 10oz batting was but I called the local store and the girl said it was like an inch thick (I think). Anyway, I trusted Cathy and asked her to go with something about half the thickness of 10 oz. I don't know ultimately what she used but it is just fine with me.

The pillow is very cute but it is in her crib now. I just can't fathom having to keep up with another "object" while we're out. I'll have to start checking inventory b4 we leave anywhere to make sure I have everything. But as Juliet (I think) noted, there is a tag on the pillow that you can loop through the strap. But other than that, I don't know how else to keep the pillow attached with the cover itself.

I used it on several shopping carts and high chairs and the fit is great. I even used it on those plastic rolling high chairs that have a higher back on them and it fit well on it too. And it's great in the wash. I through it in with her other clothes in cold/cold and tumbled dry low and it came out unscathed. And the fabric quality is very good, very soft.

Needless to say, we got some stares and one comment asking where I got it from. I am a neat freak/germ freak and I never thought about a shopping cart cover til lately and I am so glad I did. Now I don't have to stress out about putting Sydnay in a cart or high chair since it's all covered up.

HTH's someone that might be considering getting one. Regardless of who you buy it from, conceptually, the product is great.
    Vivian
    Sydney (4/03)
    Avery (2/09)

liya Guest

Ill check mine tommorow morning.....but ive washed the cover 2 times already and i havent noticed anything :)..

Default RE: Review of sewcute boutique shopping cart covers

I am so glad you like it. I wanted to use ours on Friday, but DH is still adjusting to the notion of drawing attn. to ourselves with such a "loud" cover.

For attaching the pillow, I was thinking about just using those plastic-link-a-doo thinga-majingy that I am sure we all have--like the ones attached to the gymini and attaching it to one of the toy loops or something on the cover. But, threading the belt through it is a great idea.

cccat Guest

I sure will if I can find a fabric (or two, for the reverse side) that's soft and yet strong enough to make a good shopping cart cover and a diaper bag. I'm also thinking about a matching sling/baby carrier (mainly used for a hip carrying position), too. Since I don't sew and know nothing about fabrics it'll take a while for me to learn about different fabrics and make a decision on the pattern... I don't know if I'll ever make it in time for the WW bag co-op. I hope I can get some help on this board...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5