connordad Guest

Default Has anyone heard of Kidarooz bike trailers?

I live in Colorado, and the local Costco just started carrying a bike trailer with the name Kidarooz. I searched on Google for the name, and found a link that seemed to indicate they were associated with Chariot Carriers (the link is http://www.gkds.ca/html/work/print/kidarooz.html) It looks like people have had great luck with Chariot, but does anyone know anything about the Kidarooz brand?

Thanks!

mcades Guest

Default RE: Has anyone heard of Kidarooz bike trailers?

I also saw them at Costco & was so excited because the price was so fantastic. But, I also wanted to do some research before buying. Here's what I learned. The Kidarooz is a new private line of Chariot Carriers (www.chariotcarriers.com), made for Costco. It's very similar to one of their bike trailers - the Caddie - which retails for considerably more $$. I spoke with a customer service rep with Chariot, & even she didn't have a lot of info on the Kidarooz. BUT she did tell me one difference & it's a biggie. The expensive Chariot trailers are made of aluminum & are very lightweight - maybe 20 lbs. The Kidarooz made for Costco is made of steel & is much heavier, maybe around 40 lbs! And that's before you load in the kids. Bummer!!! Personally, we opted against it for that very reason. How disappointing because we're usually extremely happy with the quality & bargains at Costco.

~Michelle

jjse Guest

My DH just came home with one of these today. It was an impulse buy, as it was one of the last ones out on the floor and he figured he could always return it if we did a little research and didn't like what we found.

I was also pleased to learn that it was made by Chariot, a very reputable brand. I am disappointed to hear of your conversation with the rep at Chariot, but I must say that it doesn't feel at all like it is 40 pounds and the box indicates that it is alloy (at least in part). I haven't been able to learn much further from the manual, but I am going to pass along the customer service information at Kidarooz so one or all of us may be able to discern more:

[email protected]
    403-640-0822

toniteach Guest

Could you please tell me what the cost was at Costco? I saw the Chariot Caddie today for $180 and I thought that was a great deal.

TIA!

Toni

I think I saw it for $149.00 at Costco last week.

toniteach Guest

Thx Jakob's Mom....unfortunately the Costcos here in Houston are sold out. Looks like the Chariot Caddie for us.

Cheers,
    Toni