Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Aileen and Mariana

Yep, I was at the Pickles and Ice Cream at the Forum! I just love that place. I keep telling DH that we need to move up that way, but it is just so expensive! Also, DH hates how crowded it is up there. I wanted to go to the opening of Janie and Jack to see that diaper bag, but I had to make a return to the Baby's Room on 141 near the Forum.

I haven't seen a Chester backpack in person locally, but they do have the Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags at Baby Cakes on Medlock Bridge Road. They only had the backpacks and not the toddler totes. They also carried some Timi & Leslie and Fleurville Mothership bags.

My DS is 19 months old and he is probably our last, so I don't feel like I need to invest in a large bag at this point. Good luck with your bag search! I have been searching since I was pregnant and I have not found a good small/medium size bag. My DH is ready to have me committed to the insane asylum!LOL!

You can e-mail me through the boards if you like! Maybe we can all meet up one day (that is, if my children ever get well enough. We seem to be a germ factory around here and have had to cancel so many things lately!).

Take care!

lmariana Guest

Default Aileen and Toni

Oooh, I'll have to check out Baby Cakes! I've passed by it a few times.

You know, if you keeping on going up 141 into Forsyth County, the real estate gets a lot less pricey. We're in Alpharetta, but Cherokee County, and it's really affordable out here too, without sacrificing a great location! We're still only 15 minutes from 400, off Windward Pkwy. :)

Are you guys members of the GA BBB Group on Yahoo?

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Default RE: Aileen and Toni

Mariana,

Yes! I am a member of the GA BBB group! Hopefully, we can all plan something this spring/summer. I haven't been able to meet up with anyone, because Andrew has been such a sickie this year. Katherine will pick up something at school and bring it home to him. Then it makes the rounds 1 or 2 times, before they get better.

I think living in Cherokee would be too far away from DH's work. :(

Definitely check out Baby Cakes! They were so nice to me when I went in!

Default RE: I Saw One Yesterday.

Tammy, thanks for the review. I appreciate it!

Twin Mom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: I Saw One Yesterday, Toni and Mariana

Well I finally had a chance to go to the Janie and Jack store yesterday and checked out the diaper bags. They had black nylon and beige canvas. They were cute but kind of plain so I don't think they are worth $98 (IMHO). The beige was very light and since it was canvas I would be afraid it would get dirty. Both bags had a gingham plastic lining and changing pad which was nice. I think it was more of a medium size bag, but to me it didn't look like anything special.

Toni and Mariana - What is the link for the BBB GA Yahoo group? I dind't know there was one. Sorry I didn't respond but I was traveling for business most of last week and I work M-W. I live very close to Babycakes but haven't been in there lately. I do think they have very cute stuff there.

Mariana, you really need to get the Bambino Dobre Goods bag you mentioned in another post so you can tell me if it is worth getting. It looks very cute. Hope I'm remembering the name right. I'm jealous, since I saw your post about the E3 on the stroller board. I really want one with the doubles kit, but since my kids are over 20 lbs already and the max on the 2nd seat is 30 lbs, it didn't seem like I would be able to use it for long :-(

Aileen

Aileen,

I am e-mailing you with the link! Glad to see another Georgian here!

lmariana Guest

I think I will get that Bambino Bag Aileen. It's really "fun", you know?

Thanks for the info on the Janie and Jack bag. I saw it through the window and didn't think too much of it. I'm so weary of canvas bags. I just think back to my school days and my old backpacks that looked so worn, so quickly.

I need to hop in to Baby Cakes one day, it looks like such a cute little place. :)

Hope to see you on the GA boards soon!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4