Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kathsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Have you seen the new Jack and Janie bags?

Robyn,

I am actually in Georgia! I thought that Pickles and Ice Cream was local, because I had never seen it before. It opened a couple of years ago. The lady in the store (I guess she was the manager) was so nice and helpful. We talked for a long time about diaper bags, etc. I asked her how many children she had and she said she wasn't married and didn't have children, but that when she did, she would be ready!LOL!

They had 1 Timi and Leslie bag in stock and she said they could order any other fabric I was interested in. They also had the Oi Oi messenger bag in pink stripes, as well as the Oi Oi backpack (you can see them at www.diaperbags.com ). To my amazement, they had 2 Reese Li bags in stock as well. They were very nice and well made. There was another line of handmade bags that were on display, but they were custom order items.

robmab719 Guest

Wow, and I thought we had the only Pickles & Ice Cream! Small world.

How did the Oi Oi messenger look? Did it have good pockets and a long enough strap? I am so torn between that, a Petunia Pickle Bottom and a Kate Spade tote. Of course, I'd love to have all three, but with my recent spending sprees at Gymboree, I can't afford them anymore. :)

sweetbasil Guest

There's at least one Pickles and Ice Cream that I know of in the Housotn area- and it's a nicer suberb shopping center, so I'd be the Galleria would have one too. I managed to stay away from there in my last pregnancy, but if we get pg one more time, it'll probably be our last baby, and I might just have to venture in there ;) They sure have cute things, having seen what my pg friends have gotten there!

Robyn,

I liked the colors of the Oi Oi messenger bag, but it was made of a kind of shiny canvas material that I would definitely want to scotch-guard if it is not already treated. It looked like it would hold everything I would need for Andrew (who will be 19 months old tomorrow) and a couple of things for Katherine (who will be 8 years old next month). It was a fairly large size, but not as big as the Mothership. I did not like the shoulder strap on the Oi Oi. It was not adjustable and was too short IMO - it definitely could not be worn as a messenger bag. I am 5'5" and I just didn't like how it fit under my arm. I cannot for the life of me remember how the pockets were on the inside. I know that Mariana (lmariana) had bought this bag in the blue stripes and ended up returning it. She posted pictures of it in a review she did. I will try to find it and post the link.

I saw a Petunia Pickle Bottom boxy backpack, but I don't think it will fit my needs. Have you seen one IRL? I liked the fabrics, but I didn't like how the flap velcroed and once you lift the flap, there is a zipper across the top that you have to unzip to access anything. I thought the pockets were nice, but I am not a big fan of the changing pad being attached to the bag. That being said, I know that there are a lot of mommies on this board who love their PPB backpacks. I really liked the PPB Toddler Tote, and I know that it would hold what I need for Andrew, but don't know if I could hold the extra things I need when Katherine is with us.

I haven't really had chance to check out the Kate Spade bags, because I know DH would have a heart attack if I came home with one!

I really liked the Timi and Leslie large bebe bag, because it was coated (kind of like the Mothership), but was VERY lightweight. It came with a bib and changing pad. I didn't think that it was too large to use everyday. It would definitely fit everything I needed.

I am just looking for a nice, medium size bag that I can use everyday for DS and be able to toss a couple of things in for DD when we are out. I am not a very heavy packer. I use a Baby Trend Activpak right now for everyday and it is too big. I use a smaller handmade one that I bought at a craft fair for church, but it has no stabilizer in it and it falls/flops over all the time.

Gotta run! Andrew is pitching a fit to get out of his high chair!

humblemama Guest

Oh no! another adorable bag!!! not fair when you feel an addiction brewing! Sara

robmab719 Guest

Thanks for all the info. I have only seen the PPB's being carried. I haven't actually inspected one. (Too afraid to walk up to a stranger and ask to look in her bag! lol) There's a store near my house that has them, so I'll definitely go take a look before I order one.

I think I can now rule out the Oi Oi, though. Especially if the strap is too short to be used messenger style. What's the point?!

zuzu is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default FYI-Measurements

The measurements, according to our local store, are:
    13.5 inches high
    15 inches wide
    3.25 inches deep (but it can expand a bit)

HTH someone,
    Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

Robyn,

I am so bad, because when I was pregnant with Andrew, I actually chased a woman down in Walmart SuperCenter to ask her if she liked her Activpak backpack. It was a funny sight to see - I was 7 months pregnant and had tons of swelling from my high BP. She was very nice and said that she liked it, and then she volunteered to show me how she packed it and all of the pockets. I have asked just a couple of other people in stores about their bags.

I am one of those people who likes to see things in person. I am spatially challenged and have difficult time with actually picturing the actual size of a diaper bag, even with measurements.

Good luck with your diaper bag search! Take care!

Default RE: FYI-Measurements

Melissa,

Thank you so much for posting the measurements! It sounds like it might be the size I need. I put in a call to the customer service department this morning and the lady was very nice. She said that she would try to give me a call back this afternoon with the measurements. They didn't have the measurements handy, but she said she would try to go to the warehouse and measure it for me.

Thanks again!

cchavez is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They just opened up a Pickes and Ice cream in Plano. I haven't made it out their yet. I did call and they said they were only carrying the Fluerville bags....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast