Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default RE: Have you seen the new Jack and Janie bags?

These bags are super cute! I stopped into the store when I was at the mall + they had two-one black, one khaki color. The bags are not too big but not small either-smaller than my Mothership but a decent size. They look pretty stylish + the inside is lined with vinyl gingham which is a nice feature. The pockets are great as well-outside bottle pockets + a few pockets on the inside. I don't need another bag at this point but I would definitely consider the black bag if I did!

sbaker Guest

Robyn,
    You thought the same thing I did! I thought Pickles & Ice Cream was just a local Dallas store. I'm in Fort Worth, though, haven't ever been able to make it over there. :(
    Which Kate Spade tote are you thinking about, btw?

Just my two cents...
    :) :+ :)
    Sara
    Mom to:
    Rayce 02/09/02
    Charlye 12/20/03

robmab719 Guest

Pickles & Ice Cream is definitely worth the trip to Dallas if you're in need of maternity clothes. Fortunately, I'm out of that stage, so I haven't been by there in months!

I'm really thinking about getting the basic Kate Spade black microfiber medium baby bag. It's kind of boring compared to the Ella and WW bags, but I think I can use it as a briefcase/purse/diaper bag combo, which would really simplify my life! And when I don't need it for diapers anymore, I can still use it as a briefcase, so it's easy to justify the purchase to DH. :)

That would bring my collection up to 5 diaper bags. How embarrassing!

lmariana Guest

Toni,

I'm in GA too! I noticed yesterday that they are opening a Janie and Jack store at North Point Mall, and I could see the new diaper bags through the window! DH pulled me away rather quickly. I think my husband is seriously considering having me commited to the Diaper Bags Addict Ward.

:)

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

sbaker Guest

Ooooh! Mariana, is the Diaper Bags Addict Ward next to the Strolleraholic Rehab Ward? Maybe I'll see you there. LOL

Just my two cents...
    :) :+ :)
    Sara
    Mom to:
    Rayce 02/09/02
    Charlye 12/20/03

lmariana Guest

Robyn,

I did have the Oi Oi Blue Striped Messenger but like Toni said, I returned it. I found the strap to be WAY too short and the all cotton construction made me nervous about clean-up. Here's some pictures though, incase you're interested...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4910.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4911.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/4912.jpg

Lately, I've been sporting my white corduroy Mothership and loving it. It is really big, but I kind of like having everything I need in one spot. I can even fit my laptop in there! I hang it on the stroller at the mall or stow it in the basket. The Alpha 7, also by Fleurville, is a smaller alternative without the vinyl coating. This one can be worn messegner style or as a backpack. It has about the same capacity as a Loom Marsupial, maybe a little more space.

I have tons of comparison shots of all my bags, so let me know if you want any more info!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com

etwahl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I Saw One Yesterday.

honestly, I didn't like it, but that's probably just me. the reason i didn't like it may be because i really like the functionality of my loom, but here's my thoughts on this bag:

- it was very flimsy (but very light, so that may be a plus) but it had absolutely no structure IMO. i didn't like that feature.

- it had two large inside pockets spanning the width of the bag - one was elasticized and one wasn't. then on the one end, it had a small elasticized pocket. i didn't think it was super functional, because the elastic was SO HEAVY, so it would be hard to get your bottle or sippy in and out of that. the same with the outside bottle pockets. the elastic just seems so heavy and tight.

that's all i remember. i was in a rush. dd was really sick this weekend, but it just wasn't for me.

Tammy,
    Mom to Lauren Genevieve
    03/12/2003
    www.evantammy.com

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: I Saw One Yesterday.

Mariana and Toni - I am also in Georgia. I was at North Point yesterday (Sat) and the Janie and Jack store was open but I didn't have a chance to go in because my dh, ds, dd, mil and fil were all with me. I think I saw a couple of diaper bags from a distance.

When I saw the Pickles and Ice Cream post I assumed you were referring to The Forum but then I thought it could be a chain (like everything else in Atlanta) and I guess I was right!

Have either of you seen a Chester backpack anywhere local? I am considering either that or a Bandicoot when it becomes available. My twins are 18 months+ so I don't need anything super big anymore since I don't tend to be out with them for long periods of time (at least not by myself...) I currently use a Combi US and we also have a couple of other bags that we no longer use - another Combi diaper bag (borrowed) and the Ameribag Health Back Backpack (dh wanted it) but I am looking for something a bit more interesting.

Aileen

lmariana Guest

Default RE: I Saw One Yesterday.

Wow, you must live near me! I'm in Alpharetta.

I haven't seen the Chester backpack, but I do have a Chester Diaper Tote, which I love. The backpack looks like a nice size (15” high, 13” wide, 6” deep ). I've really been wanting to see one as well! Ditto on the Loom Bandicoot. I think I'm leaning more towards the Loom because I really like their bags, and the colors are a little more neutral than Chester's fun patterns. But since you're looking for something a little more interesting, the Chester may fit the bill. :)

Have you considered the Alpha 7 as a backpack or a Petunia Pickle Bottom?

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com

AJs Mommy Guest

Default Janie & Jack Diaper bag

I too am a recovering diaper bag junkie...Although I LOVE Janie & Jack (in The Westchester Mall), if you like the vinyl covered fabric for its practicability in a diaper bag, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a Fleurville Diaper Bag - http://www.fleurville.com/
    I liked my Kate Spade diaper bag & my Maclaren backpack diaper bag until I came accross my Fleurville...I will never go back to another diaper bag. It holds everything in great compartments, is very pretty (tons of fabric choices), has a key chaim hook on the inside and is comfortable to tote around even fully stocked. They are carried at many baby specialty stores, on the web and at Hanna Andersson too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast