lmariana Guest

Default Fleurville Alpha 7 in Blue or Pink Chocolate ?

Anyone with the Alpha 7 in Blue or Pink Chocolate...how does the exterior feel? I know it has that stain resistant coating, but I was wondering if it feels sticky, tacky, rubbery, or what? I can't decide if I want to get it or not. Any thoughts?

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

jasabo Guest

Default RE: Fleurville Alpha 7 in Blue or Pink Chocolate ?

I don't have one, but I've seen them in stores. They're very smooth. Not tacky or rubbery at all. If you get one, let us know how you like it. I've been eyeing the Alpha 7 too. Trying to decide between that, a Bumble Bag, or a T2....decisions, decisions....

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

Mariana,

Is the alpha 7 vinyl lining different than the mothership? I though they were the same but have not seen one in person. As you know I did not like the vinyl coating on the mothership so I traded it :) ( by the way have you received it yet?). I thought the vinyl would be laminated to the fabric- not separate- does this makes sense. I didn't like the fact that it would pull apart. We are not pool/beach people- so it wasn't worth it to me to keep.

By the way- I would vote for the blue chocolate.

mommy_1boy1girl Guest

It is a very smooth feel. I really like them a lot. I think that the vinyal coat on the mothership is more "tacky" feeling, and this more like a leather feel.

lmariana Guest

Thanks everyone! I like the sound of the coating on the blue choc. Alpha 7, so I may give it a shot. I got the blue chocolate Escape Pod for Mother's Day so of course, I need something to match! I just can't decide between the Alpha 7 or the Mothership. Maybe I'll just hold out and try to find a bargain on Ebay or something. :)

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Mariana, can you tell us what the escape pod is like?
    Thanks in advance!!
    Smiles81

Mariana, I just posted about the fabric to Maureen on the "inventory" thread.
    I have the blue chocolate Alpha 7 and it is a coated or treated fabric as opposed to the thick vinyl over the regular fabric on the Mothership. It feels very smooth, not at all sticky, and still wipes clean easily.
    HTH!
    Michelle