olim is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default longer strap help

Hi all,

Hopefully one of you experts can help me. :7
    I am looking for a bag with a long shoulder strap; hopefully messenger style bag. I am 5'10 and top-heavy so strap length is important. I have a Kate Spade messenger bag and the strap is too short, it hits me mid-torso,and I would prefer one that hits me at the hip.

The skip hop bag looks like something I would love but I am hesitant to purchase it because I am not sure how long the straps are. I also like the loom bags but again, not sure of the strap length. Anyone have any opinions on either of these bags or purhaps a suggestion on another bag with a longer strap?

Chelsey333 Guest

Default RE: longer strap help

I am 5'8" and I think the Skip Hop strap is pretty long. The only thing with the Skip Hop is that it doesn't stand on its own. Other than that, I think it is a great bag. It is skinny, so I am not sure if it will meet your needs for fitting stuff in it. I can fit a good amount in it, and it is a good back for me for short trips. The Loom strap is too short for me to wear messenger, it just looks funny on me that way. I think the Alpha 7 has adjustable straps, but I am not positive.

lmariana Guest

Default RE: longer strap help

If you want to wear it messenger style, the Loom strap will be too short. It hits me a little high, and I'm 5'2"!

The Skip Hop has a nice adjustable strap and a good length, as does the Fleurville Alpha 7! The think the Alpha 7 would be a better all-purpose bag, since it has a larger capacity than the Skip Hop.

I've never tried a Bumble Bag in person, but their strap is also adjustable.

With the babyoliverboutique.com coupon code (windsormay) you can get 10% off! And if you wanted to sell the Kate Spade, try the Baby Bags Swap group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybags. All us diaper bag nuts are on there and someone will surely take you up on it, if you want to sell it.

Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Default if you want to replace just the strap...

Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpacks have a really long messenger strap that's adjustable but the bags are really pricey and some moms say it's too nice for everyday use... so if you find a bag you absolutely love except for the strap (which happens to be removable), I know Petunia will sell the strap separately if you just call their 800#. I had to get extra backpack straps and they were $10 so I'm sure the messenger bag strap would cost the same, if not less. Their straps are very durable and extra long and super-easy to adjust and I like that the clips on the ends are metal and have a 360-degree swivel.

olim is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default RE: if you want to replace just the strap...

Thanks for the help! I ordered a skip hop today from Babyage.com with 10% off. I'll give it a try and then if it doesn't work out I think I'll try the Petunia bag.

Thanks again!!!!!

Michele