holliam Guest

Default any other totes the size of the Escape Pod....sans vinyl coating?

I love the size and style of the Escape Pod, and I really thought I'd be able to handle the outer vinyl coating on a smallish bag. But, I'm just not sure. I think I just really don't like this vinyl coating at all, just for too many reasons. I also think the pattern is just too girly for me. I don't think it fits me at all. :( I was drawn in by the style because it was exactly what I wanted but the fabric is really bugging me.

I think I'd be better off with a diaper bag tote this size that was more the fabric like Skip Hop or Loom.

I can't figure out if the Nordstrom and Lands End totes would be gigantic. I suspect they are.

I just want a simple handbag style tote (not over the shoulders) that is also a diaper bag. I'd love it to zip all the way like the Pod does.

Am thinking of re-selling my new Pod and Wrist bag (already took tags off) if I can find something else.

Holli

Mikesa3 Guest

Default RE: any other totes the size of the Escape Pod....sans vinyl coating?

Try the travel or cosmetics section in Walmart,Target,etc.I seen several in that style.They usually come with plastic travel bottles.HTH
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I posted about this yesterday as well....I'm going to check Target ( the travel bag section and the cosmetic bag section) in a few days.

I also just came across this on the Coach website:

http://www.coach.com/shop/product_no...ategory_id=191
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/6211.jpg
    The measurements are nearly identical (+/- 1/2") to the Escape Pod...but from the picture I suspect it doesn't zipper all the way around (3 sides). I wish they would give interior shots of this bag though!

Laura
    mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

holliam Guest

Thank you! You guys made me realize that I really just needed the Little Tripper from LE. I had meant to buy it but had forgotten about it for some unknown reason.

I am selling the Fleurville set!

Holli

LOL Holli you are too funny! I was checking out the pod-style bags at Walmart and Target. I think you could find something that would work well at either place, but you are right, the LT would just as soon suffice. Which will you order, and can you let me know how you like it when you get it?
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Hi Holli,

I just received the LE little tripper and the smaller striped tote bag. I love both, but we have been especially happy the with the little tripper bag. In fact, my husband is so happy with it he thinks we should give one as a gift to all of our friends who are new parents!.

The little tripper is very functional and just the right size for small outings. I also love the side pockets.

The small tote is great with the two zippered chambers. I use one for my stuff and the other for my son's stuff...nice to have separate spaces. I also really like the light blue lining in both bags.

Good luck making a decision!
    Lucia
    mom to Noah 2/2003

holliam Guest

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah... why is this so hard? LOL

The Little Tripper is out of stock until June 18, and we leave on the 15th. So, I guess it's time for a trip to Target/Walmart to find something that I can use for this trip.

Am definitely getting a Little Tripper when I get back!

Holli

lmariana Guest

Default Holli-

Have you tried posting on the Baby Bags Swap to see if someone has one they can sell you?

I just posted looking for one and have gotten a couple responses back, so it's worth a shot!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

holliam Guest

Default RE: Holli-

Tee hee.. I just saw your post!

I actually can get a Day Tripper for free! My work gives all new parents their choice of new baby gifts from a list from Lands End, and it's on the list! I just checked so I'll just get it that way.

Holli