newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recommendations for bag to use with P3

Well, I got a Skip Hop that I have been using for the last couple weeks & I am not thrilled with it (JMO)...I guess I am lazy...but the fact that you have to disconnect the strap bugs me, & that the bag doesn't stand on it's own...& with all I carry it's a tight fit. I was wondering if anyone has any other recommendations for a bag that would work well with my P3. I love backpacks but am open to other styles. I would prefer to keep the price under $50.00 if possible. I need a decent size bag. I usually carry 2 or 3 Dr. Brown's 8oz wide neck bottles, formula dispenser, 4-5 size 2 diapers, wipes, extra outfit, receiving blanket, a couple of burp cloths, & I like to have an outer pocket to accomodate a water bottle for me :-). Any suggestions??
    TIA!!!!

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Recommendations for bag to use with P3

I know that PP sells a bag specifically for the P3 (you can see it on their website under accessories), but I've only seen it for about $80 on ebay. A bit too much for me for a diaper bag.
    Traci

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yeah...I don't think I want to spring for a PP bag....not even sure it looks that great to me :(

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Dh and I discussed this when we bought our P3. We figured that pretty much any bag that has a removable strap should fit on it....we just never pursued it. Looking forward to hearing other people's suggestions!
    Traci

I PMed you re: the Peg Perego bag.

: )
    Lisa
    Mama to Jack (4/20/01)
    and Joshua (11/16/03)

Mikesa3 Guest

Have you looked at Ameribag tote.Not officially a diaper bag but seems to work well for one.Here's a board link with it attached to P3.I think it could be just hung across handles too.http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...5744&mode=full
    HTH
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

DeborahM Guest

I use an Alpha 7 bag with mine. I attached 2 carbiners to the loops on the handles and attach the bag by the rings on each side for thet the messenger strap - I find it annoying to hang the bag over the handles. You'd be able to do this with any bag with a kind of loop or ring on each side.

Deborah
    Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl
    28 days (or less...) to go!

DeborahM Guest

On the yahoo babybag swap, someone just posted a Kecci mommy bag for sale for $55. I've seen them at BuyBuyBaby stores and they should be around your price range, they are backpack/messanger bags and it looks like from the picture you could clip it onto the stroller w/ carbiners. There's been some talk recently about this bag on the boards that you should be able to find.

Here's the link given in the email:
    http://www.kecci.com/cgi-bin/TLSstore.cgi?
    user_action=link&dimgsrc=CM4000-1/CM4000-1-
    lg.jpg&link=detailmore&kvar=CM4000-1

Ami Guest

You may want to check out a Baby Sherpa backpack. They are a bit more than your budget but you'll have it for years. (www.babysherpa.com) The Sternum strap works great for attaching to strollers and with all that you are carrying I think you need the space. It has a built in cooler, bottle pockets and a water bottle pocket. The diaper pad is so big, I call ours the baby yoga mat!

Good luck

Ami