Default "girly" diaper bag fabrics if you have a DS

What do you all think about diaper bags that are more "girly" (i.e. floral fabrics or peaches, pinks, purples) if you have a boy? I tried my hand at making my own bag and I really like the result and now I have the itch to make another one, so I was digging through my fabric at home last night and I have a lot of things with flowers. I also have a great plaid that is mostly a melon color with yellow and lime green. When I pulled that one out I said "ooh, wouldn't his be a cute bag? aw...but it's too girly" and my DH said, "but you are a "girl", why can't you make a bag from that?" So, what do you all think? Do you carry bags based on your own tastes and gender or do you carry something based on the baby? I guess I've never liked the real baby-ish looking bags, so that would be more on the "carry it for me" side of the fence. What do you guys do and think?

Andrea S is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: "girly" diaper bag fabrics if you have a DS

I buy diaper bags based on my tastes. I figure I am the one that is carrying it.

Andrea
    mom to Andrew 8/14/02

jk3 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I agree that the diaper bag is for me. A lot of my fashion sense has been put on the backburner for the moment so at least the bag I carry should be pretty! That said, I don't have any pink bags because my DH would scoff at carrying that though he will carry my PP backpack! I'm sure a floral bag will look great.

Jenn
    DS 6/3/03

I have a son and carry a pink mothership. I used to worry about having a "boyish" diaper bag since ds was a son, but I've gotten over it. I decided that it was time to have a bag that I liked.
    Candy

Matthew 5/02
    Ethan 10/07
    Praying for Pink in 2013/2014

I carry a diaper bag for me, not the baby. When I got my WW bag, I had it monogrammed with my initial.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
    Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the input. Watch out florals and pinks - here I come!