zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default just for us ~ BB special~ Timi & Leslie bags & backpacks til July 10

update: here's the sale website: http://home.earthlink.net/~nooden/

the showroom was dazzling with all the gorgeous fabrics! photos on the web do not do them justice. i crossed my fingers & was hoping they could do something for BBBers, and voila! leslie was kind enough to personally put together a special selection & discount just for us. even niftier, the fabrics we are being offered are not available in stores. this is for the large bebe bags (messenger/purse style) and backpacks.

these are high quality bags that are MADE IN USA -- right here in los angeles!

i'll post more soon... my whole post with info just disappeared so i have to reconstruct it. arrgh! but i wanted to get this posted since time's a ticking! meantime, you can see more here: http://www.timiandleslie.com

edited to add date since it was cut off in title:
    BBB 25% off special is good june 21- july 10

edited again to add:
    whoa! leslie is right now putting together a website instead of individual emails! apparently there is already a lot of interest! :) thanks for your patience.

Default RE: just for us ~ BB special~ Timi & Leslie bags & backpacks til July 10

Thanks for organizing this! I am currently using a Timi and Leslie backpack and love it! May have to try the other style now...

Michelle

DeborahM Guest

Default RE: just for us ~ BB special~ Timi & Leslie bags & backpacks til July 10

How would you compare the inside of the large bebe bag to a Mothership??

Deborah
    Mom to Thomas and soon-to-arrive baby girl
    (21 days left.....)

Zen, thanks for making this happen! I just emailed them and can't wait to see the fabric options. :)

I have one quick question though about shipping--is it included? If not, how much is it? Thanks again!

robmab719 Guest

Default Questions for Timi and Leslie owners

Aha! I was just going to post and confirm that email address because I hadn't heard back yet. Should've known poor Leslie was just overrun with our emails already!

I really don't need this bag (my stash is up to 8!), but I love the look of the large Bebe. Looks like my Mothership, but has an adjustable strap.

Questions for those who have these (or have seen them IRL):

Is the water-resistant lining on the inside vinyl, or nylon (like the Mothership)?

Is the changing pad a good size? How does it fasten when rolled up (tie or velcro)?

Does the bag hold it's shape well? (doesn't flop over when not completely stuffed?)

ETA one more question: Is it hard to adjust the strap?

Default RE: Questions for Timi and Leslie owners

I can answer a few questions because I have the backpack, not the bebe bag (although I will be adding one to my collection very shortly!).
    The inside is lined with heavy nylon--the same nylon that is used on the bottom of the bag.

The changing pad is a nice size, well padded and has an attached ribbon to keep it rolled up.

My backpack keeps its shape pretty well because of the vinyl coating.
    I love the outside pocket--big enough for sunglasses, cell and keys.

I would love to hear from anyone who has the large bebe bag about size comparison to the Mothership.

HTH!
    Michelle

laurajaney Guest

Default RE: Questions for Timi and Leslie owners

These are great!
    I'm going to get into some big trouble... ;-)

Laura
    DS 3/02
    DS 4/04

zen_bliss is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default bebe bag details

>Is the water-resistant lining on the inside vinyl, or nylon
    >(like the Mothership)?
    thick sturdy woven nylon, easy to wipe clean.

>Is the changing pad a good size? How does it fasten when
    >rolled up (tie or velcro)?
    it ties with a ribbon. i think it's a pretty good size however we aren't using a changing pad anymore. i use it as a placemat at restaurants since it's easy to wipe clean and i can just put the food right on it. and it secures nicely under the arms of the hook on highchair.

>Does the bag hold it's shape well? (doesn't flop over when
    >not completely stuffed?)
    yes, this is one of the things i most like about it. it stands on its own and holds its shape, and i can get a LOT in the bag (i am a cloth diaperer). but it also compresses if i'm not carrying as much stuff. this is one of the things i didn't like about the fleurville, they just seemed too BIG even without stuff inside!

>ETA one more question: Is it hard to adjust the strap?
    the metal slider is very easy to adjust. i frequently switch it from short like a purse for hanging on the stroller to messenger style.

other details:
    outer zippered pocket on back
    outer elasticized bottle pocket on side
    inner elasticized large pocket along front wall
    inner elasticized bottle size pocket on side
    large divider against back wall
    plastic key clip
    magnetic closure on flap
    metal feet

and just wanted to mention -- the buffy backpack, the madras-like plaid... i thought that it was cute in pics, but in person it is even nicer. there is a bit of metallic gold woven into the fabric that has a nice shimmer.

shipping will be added but i don't think it is much.

mom2kandj Guest

Zen -

You are killing me with your *deals*! You KNOW I sooooo want one after I nearly stalked that lady at Disneyland trying to find out where she got her diaper bag! FWIW, TWO prints out of the large bebe bags are sold out already! :( I did email Leslie today about seeing if she could add the small bebe bag or a small tote to that page. Crossing my fingers and not ordering quite yet...

Rose
    mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
    & Jack 04/16/02

I just ordered a large Bebe bag to "replace" the Alpha 7 I sold a few weeks ago. Leslie was really nice and quick to respond to my emails. I will have pics and review when it arrives.

The website said the bag measures 12x12x4 which is a nice everyday size but I think I am still going to need a bigger bag for newborn + toddler.
    Debating between the purple swirl Mothership, the larger Bumble bag(Jessica I think) and the Kalencom bag Maureen just posted pics of.
    Hmmmm.

Michelle
    DS#1 20 months
    DS#2 due in early September