Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lmariana Guest

Default I got my Kecci today!

It was such a pleasant surprise to come home today and find this on my door step! I have to say, that this is THE BEST $37 I have ever spent on a bag. I immediately packed it up and took it out for a test outing. :)

First of all, this bag is really pretty. I got the blue one and am beyond impressed. The fabric is sturdy, yet beautiful, and the interior is very babybag-friendly. It's a little floppier than my Alpha 7 or Mothership, but once I packed it up a bit, we were in good shape.

I've taken some pictures below of the bag lightly packed. It's cool though, because I transferred all the stuff from my Alpha 7 into the Kecci, and when I had it all in there, I still had TONS of space. Here's what I packed:

3 Diapers (size #3)
    Wipes case
    PJ's
    Bottle
    Formula Dispenser
    Jar of Stage 2 Food
    Take N Toss of Cheerios
    Cosmetic case with my small stuff
    Bib
    Teething toys
    Rash cream
    Cell phone
    Lipstick
    Wallet
    Pacifiers
    Eye Drops

Then, once I had all my normal stuff in there...I also fit my shopping cart cover (covers4kids)!!! I was very impressed.

The adjustable strap is great. I wore it messenger style very comfortably even with all that stuff in there. At Target, I took out the cart cover, put it on the cart, and then slung the messenger strap across the cart handle. Perfect!

I think I'm in love. :) If anyone's on the fence about this bag, I'd totally recommend taking the plunge.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8605.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8606.jpg

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: I got my Kecci today!

Glad to hear you like your Kecci :) I love mine too - may need to add another color - especially at that price.

And I love Gabriel's avatar - too cute!

Buzymommy5 Guest

this is prettier in your picture...would definitely consider this bag now :) could you tell me if you find this to be a very large bag or does it seem smaller because it isn't strucuted? also, is it flimsy?

thanks
    chris

twofallbabies Guest

Mariana,
    Are there any outer pockets, like for a sippy or water bottle?
    I REALLY want the chartruese, but don't want to wait for it! Maybe I'll get the navy now and CH when it's available....!

Jessica, MD mama to
    Dillon (9/18/98)
    & Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
    http://www.bettersoycandles.com

Truska Guest

>I have to say, that this is THE BEST
    >$37 I have ever spent on a bag.

>If anyone's on the fence about this
    >bag, I'd totally recommend taking the plunge.
    >

Those two comments just sold it for me! I was on the fence, but this week have been pretty sure I was going to order one, but after seeing this, I'm pretty much there!

Thanks for (another) great review!

That is so pretty! I love the navy. I have one or 2 bags to sell and I think I may have add a Kecci to the stash.

Thanks for the pics and review!

Michelle
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

lmariana Guest

Hi Jessica,

Yes, there are two pockets outside for sippy cups or bottles. Use one for my wallet and the other for a paci, my cell and lip gloss, just so they're more easily accessible. Then inside there are 2 more bottle pockets. In one of them, I can fit a formula dispenser, so they're a pretty good size. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com

Default Question...

Hi Mariana,
    Just wondering--does this fall somewhere between the Mothership and Alpha 7 in terms of size?

TIA!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

lmariana Guest

Default RE: Question...

I think it's capacity is a little smaller than the Mothership, and definitely larger than the Alpha 7 (by a lot). It's physical size feels a whole lot less cumbersome than the Mothership though, which helps make this bag feel smaller. I think the Mothership may fit a *little* bit more though.

The big difference between the two though would be the overall construction. You really do get what you pay for. The Mothership's interior is much nicer and is more stable. The Kecci's is floppy. This may bother some people, but I'm okay with it, since I only paid $37 and not $150. :)

Hope this helps!

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com

Default RE: Question...

Thanks! That helps alot. I don;t think I really mind floppy. For $37 I may have to give it a shot.

Thanks again!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast