Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    alaska Guest

Default LE deluxe backpack - pics anyone?

Does anyone have pictures of the LE Deluxe backpack - the current model? Especially pictures of the inside. I'm traveling to Boston from Alaska with my 20 month old son and need to find a good bag. I just can't seem to make up my mind but am leaning towards this one....

I'm also looking for a toddler-sized backpack for my son. Can't find anything decent doing a general search online. Does anyone have any leads?

TIA - amy

alaska Guest

Default RE: LE deluxe backpack - pics anyone?

Okay - I surrender. I've tried three variations on this message and can't get anyone to reply. Maybe I need to rid myself of my newbie status first . . . ;)

I went ahead and ordered - when it comes in, I'll post my thoughts and pictures for anyone else wondering about this bag.

Still wouldn't mind someone letting me in on where I can find a toddler-sized/appropriate backpack though...

thanks anyway
    Amy

holliam Guest

Hi Amy! I have the backpack, but I haven't used it yet! Our digital camera died and I can't take pictures, but I didn't want you to think we were all ignoring you!

I think LLBean has some backpacks for toddlers!

Holli

alaska Guest

Thanks Holli :)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Sorry for the delay

I've been meaning to reply to your post but alas, I've still got new-mommy baby brain! :)

Ok, so here are a bunch of pics of the LE Deluxe Backpack. I've also got the LE Updated Little Tripper, the small black tote (not sure of the name, but the one with the short handles) and had the Updated Do-It-All (which I sent back b/c of the lack of a shoulder strap).

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8722.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8723.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8724.jpg

The backpack is FREAKIN' HUGE!!!! Seriously, this is one monster bag. I wouldn't consider it for a day bag -- it is definitely a travel bag for me (though admittedly I am a light packer). It has the LE padded change pad in a separate compartment behind the shoulder straps. It also has two large zippered compartments (one is sort of hidden), one of which contains the LE dirty pouch (took me a while to find that). Both of these compartments are the full height of the bag. One the outside, there is the top zippered compartment, which is about 1/3 of the height of the bag -- good for envelopes, or small flat things. On the bottom third of the bag, there is a zippered parents comparment, with some elasticized pockets and a key fob. BEHIND this compartment is a velcroed flap containing LE's answer to the Escape Pod. I took a photo of that for you. I probably wouldn't use this myself, maybe I would use it for baby toiletries?

Also, it has insulated bottle compartments on either side of the bag. I haven't checked, but they look like they would hold an avent bottle or a sippy cup.

Anyway, sorry for the delay. Bottom line, I purchased this bag for airline trips and long road trips. It will work great for that. It would also be a good 2-child bag b/c of the two separate large compartments.

HTH
    Melissa

Default Toddler backpack

I don't know much about Land's End at all so I can't comment on their products... do they sell them @ Sears? Have you checked out the Baby Sherpa or the OSA backpacks? We have the OSA one (also sold TONS cheaper at another website, let me know if you're interested) and it fits a LOT. It's basically DH's bag and it even has a superlong changing pad (now he has no excuse, ha ha ha)! :)

Anyway, regarding the backpack for your toddler, I remember seeing a cute picture of a toddler backpack by Whimsical Wears a while back... I think one of the BBB moms here was a tester... If I remember correctly it was a miniature version of the regular-sized WW backpack and it was made of the cutest material - I think mom picked some licensed fabric for a baseball team - Yankees, maybe? Anyway, the WW backpacks are on sale for 20% off on the website (www.whimsicalwears.com) right now and I believe that includes the toddler backpacks, but I'd e-mail Kim to ask just to be sure. It would be kinda cool to let your DS pick a fabric he likes: sports, trucks, licensed cartoons, etc... the possibilities are endless! :D (No, I am in no way affiliated with WW other than as a customer waiting for her backpack!)

I also saw some babypacks on the Kecci website and I think they were for kids. They came in lots of colors and there was also a matching mommy/daddy pack as well. I don't remember the style - you'd have to go to www.kecci.com to see - could've been conventional backpack, sling, or something else.

Hope this helps!

Default RE: Toddler backpack

I'd like to know where you got the OSA one at another site cheaper :) Thanks!!!!!

Ronda
    Mommy to Jenna born 1/10/03
    and Jacob 4/26/04

alaska Guest

Thank you, Melissa! Freakin' huge is right! That bag is humongous, which is exactly what I was looking for. Traveling from Juneau to Boston is a 15+ hour day and with a 20 month old, I envision needing a lot of stuff. I really appreciate you posting the pics!

Supercali... - I did look at the Kecci bag but I think it's a little too big. I'm going to check out Whimsical Wear right now (and if I order one for him, I might as well order one for myself, too, right? I mean, I'll be *saving* all those shipping costs ;)

I did order a bag for him from LLBean - the mini critter tracks pack - http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...d=pp&feat=dp50 - in cobalt blue ... too cute (Thanks so much for the tip Holli!).

Default OSA backpack IDENTICAL knockoff $29.99

http://www.action-direct.com/89.htm

It is literally identical (even down to the "changing pad") only that one of the front zippers goes straight across on the action-direct backpack (vs diagnoal on the OSA one). I was so miffed when I saw this and called OSA to price match and they claimed that theirs is an "OSA original" so they wouldn't match it! Nevertheless, DH loves his OSA pack! It's the one he takes for airport trips and we stuff everything but the kitchen sink in there!

>>I'm going to check out Whimsical Wear right now (and if I order one for him, I might as well order one for myself, too, right? I mean, I'll be *saving* all those shipping costs

LOL!! ;) I LOVE THE WAY YOU THINK!! That's how I justify everything! "...yes honey... but look at how I'm *saving*...."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast