shall85296 Guest

Default Fiona Lang Bag Care Instructions?

Would someone that purchased a Fiona Lang bag from TJ Maxx (or otherwise) let me know if there were care instructions included?
    The fact that the Kecci is machine washable makes it a bit more tempting.
    TIA
    sh

essnce629 Guest

Default RE: Fiona Lang Bag Care Instructions?

I already threw away the tags that came with my bag but I did read them and I don't remember them saying "dry clean only." I remember looking for that since I know the PPB are dry clean only. But I can't remember if there were any care instructions at all and there's no tags inside the bag that say it either. The only tag inside is the one that says Fiona Lang. I do think it would be machine washable though. The fabric is pretty heavy and sturdy and I know the PPB ones are more "delicate." Hopefully someone else still has their original tags.

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03

sarasmom Guest

Hi, I have one of each model(bought at different stores) and neither has washing directions on them. They are so pretty. But I think I'm going to return both unless you talk me out of it. I have been using a Skip Hop for about 2 months now and I eally like all the pockets and organization. The "Latia" bag whick I like for the detachable changing pad and a couple more pocket, doesn't hold as much as my Skip hop. You also can't fit wide mouth bottles or sippy cups in the outside bottle holders(are you just using those for cell phone/glasses? The "ebay" model is bigger and you can put wide bottles in the holders, but the changing pad is attached and only one small pocket on the inside(it does have the 2 pockets for diapers and wipes by the changing pad). Also the opening at the top is harder to get into. It is a zip opening and has a square top so some of the fabric is still covering the opening(I think tsomeone posted that the Kecci is like this too). When carring a diaper bag I also use it as my purse. What do you do with your little stuff? I don't carry alot.(lipstick,pen,splenda packs,notpad) Maybe I need a wristlet or small cosmetic bag.

I love the way these look!!! I have 30 days to return, so I think I will keep them in the closet for a couple of weeks and think about it. Any suggestions? I was also thinking about getting a Alpha 7 when they come out with the new ones. Hopefully there will be a cute one.
    Sorry so long. I reaaly want to like my Fiona Lang.
    Carol and Sara(10mnths) Stephen(9) and Alyssa(7)
    SARA'S MOM

essnce629 Guest

Hey Carol! I'm here to persuade you to keep your Fiona Lang bag :). I'd say to return the "Ebay" one and to keep the one I have. Here's a few suggestions. I found the changing pad to be too small to use with my 10 month old, so I just took it out of the bag completely and just put in a Huggies disposable changing pad. So that freed up the whole front zip up section and it became one big pocket. I don't ever unzip it and I now use that compartment to keep all my mommy stuff. I also have a wrist bag that I bought at Old Navy for $4.99 that I put my wallet, check book, and coupons in and then just throw that in my new mommy compartment. If I have to run into a store real quick I just take my wrist bag with me. In the outside side pockets I put my sunglasses in the small pocket that closes with the magnetic snap and in the other bottle pocket I put my 16oz water bottle which fits just perfectly. I just put Conner's sippy cup in the inside of the bag or in one of the back pockets (where the straps go) and then I just put it in my stroller cupholder once we get to where we are going. His sippy cup fits perfectly in the back pockets (Platex sippy with attached handles). Here's what I have in the different pockets right now:

Front zip up compartment:
    My wrist bag with wallet, checkbook, and coupons
    Hand lotion

Front pocket:
    Wipes container
    Huggies diposable changing pad
    Sample pack of Clorex wipes
    Antibacterial hand gel

Front pocket:
    2 size 4 diapers

Main inside compartment:
    Dirty duds bag (taken from another bag)
    Diaper sacks roll
    Onesie
    Hat
    Socks
    1 piece outfit
    Zolo cotton sling

Inside pocket:
    Container of dry cereal
    Small ziploc bag w/ 2 Bibsters and spoon
    Small ziploc bag w/ disposable wash cloths
    2 jars of babyfood

Inside pocket:
    Sunscreen stick
    Infant Tylenol
    3 antibacterial hand towelettes
    Small ziploc bag w/ allergy pills and Ibuprofen (for me)

Back outside pocket:
    Teether toy
    Backpack strap

Back outside pocket:
    Backpack strap

So I think the bag fits a lot. I don't carry all of this stuff with me everytime I leave the house, just when we'll be out long enough that Conner will need to eat a meal.

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

Default Fiona Lang is dry clean only

The care instructions were actually on the blue tag (price tag). It was on the very back on the very bottom in very small letters to dry clean or spot clean. I can go back and check to get the exact phrase unless someone kept the tag around. But I know for sure it was dry clean b/c I was so disappointed. FWIW, the Kecci says it's dry clean recommended on the inner tag (although the Kecci website says they're machine washable, so I'm sure they stand behind that) but looking at the Kecci fabric, it's not the same brocade as the Fiona & PPB - it's a rayon or polyester/silk mix, making it more durable and less snaggable. Comparing the fabric of the Fiona and PPB< I'd also say that the Fiona is a little less snaggable only b/c of the weave of the brocade. It'll make the snags less obvious.

cinrein Guest

Default RE: Fiona Lang is dry clean only

The hanging tag on the Kecci says it's machine washable too. I think someone here washed theirs and said it came out good as new.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

heidi_timms Guest

Default ~~~Latia~~~

Not sure if you got my message to PM me the shipping amount for the Fiona bag vs. email. I'm still visiting my Dad (staying longer than we thought) and I want to make sure I pay you! Also I'm not sure if you have gone to the P.O. yet. I know what a pain it can be :) so thank you again!

~Heidi
    Mom to Kailey
    4/03

essnce629 Guest

Default RE: ~~~Latia~~~

Hey Heidi! I shipped your bag on Monday. I had emailed you instead of PM'img you since I thought you would be back by then. I don't even remember what the exact shipping was. If you can get that email though it says it in there. I think it was like $8.95 or somewhere around there. Shipping was around $6 and the box was $2.95 I think. Let me know when you get it. It should come pretty soon-- it may even be waiting for you when you get home :).

***Latia
    Conner 8/19/03
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel