Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Dinatelli diaper bag -- Mothership knock off???

Has anyone ever heard of a Dinatelli (I think that is the spelling) diaper bag? I saw one today at Walmart -- it was a dead ringer for a pink chocolate Fleurville Mothership -- but it was only $28Cdn (about $22US). I'm wondering it anyone has any experience with them?????

I should have bought it just to investigate it more at home, but DH was with me and he is really freaking out about my newfound diaper bag obsession.... Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and get it when he's not around! :)

Melissa

Truska Guest

Default RE: Dinatelli diaper bag -- Mothership knock off???

I saw the same thing! Well, except I saw the Dinatelli knock-off of the blue-chocolate Alpha 7! Okay, and I bought it, to see the difference...I was *shocked*, to say the least!

I compared the two (I have the blue choc Alpha 7), and while they are very similar, the Fleurville does win out.

The Dinatelli had:
    ~all the same straps as the Alpha
    ~same pockets, with the addition to one zippered one in the pouch where the changing pad goes, and the side pockets *may* have been a touch smaller, but certainly not by much, and wouldn't be noticeable to anyone who didn't have the Alpha right there!
    ~it comes with a 'standard' changing pad...it folds into thirds, and is more padded than the one the Alpha comes with (but doesn't fold up as compactly)
    ~the colour was virtually identical...off by a touch in the blue
    ~the interior fabric was where the big difference was...it was the floppy nylon that many diaper bags have (my EB one certainly did), it was much thinner, and the insulated bottle pocket in the Alpha wasn't insulated in this one, it was just the same, floppy nylon (same spot though)
    ~same velcro closures
    ~even the Dinatelli logo was so very close to Fleurville, same colours, same shape and size, same stars over the i's!

Here (in Canada), it retails for $21.95...I've since passed it onto a friend who loved my Alpha, but wasn't quite as into the price!

I guess that means I'll keep my eye out for the other ones as well...Melissa, did the 'Mothership' have the same vinyl over the fabric as well?

ETA: I just called a larger Walmart around here, and asked about the bags...she asked if they were sort of 'shiny', and I said that yes, those were likely the ones! From the sounds of things, they range from $21 to $24 (here at least), and they have different colours and patterns, she mentioned 'Blue Rhapsody' and 'Pink Flamingo', and then some colours, and a solid white. I'm going tomorrow to check them out, just 'cause!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Jenn

I didn't see an Alpha 7 style -- they did have another one that looked more like a bowling bag....

The Mothership style did have the flimsy nylon lining and puffy change pad (folded in an interior pocket at the rear of the bag, not rolled in the side pocket like the real Mothership). The bag seemed floppier than the Fleurville's I've seen IRL. But, for $28, who cares????

Melissa

debbiet. Guest

Default That's sad for fleurville...

It is a sad thing when you see knockoffs like this. :(
    People put their time and energy making good quality projects
    and it is sad that companies can just go and copy them like that.
    I guess that's the way of the world...

You guys have my curiosity picqued. :) Please post pictures if you get one. TIA!

robmab719 Guest

Default RE: That's sad for fleurville...

Maybe someone should let Fleurville know about this. It sounds like copyright infringement? Especially if their logo is curiously similar to Fleurville's.

Well, I'm wondering if they will be available in the US. I was in my Walmart yesterday and did not see them. It could be my walmart just didn't get them yet or at all.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Does anyone know if these bags are available in the U.S. or are they only in Canada? Kinda want to check them out....

Traci
    ~Connor's Mom~

I picked Walmart over Target yesterday and I checked for them. No go...and I'm in No. CA.

Default RE: Melissa and Jenn...

OK, ladies, we are chomping at the bit to see what this bag looks like. Everyone here seems to love the Fleurvilles but many can't swing, or stomache, the cost. Can you guys take your camera to Walmart and post a picture or 2? Many, many TIA! :)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast