Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    lmariana Guest

Default Contact Info

I found this online. It looks like may just be a Canada thing, since the company is based from Quebec.

Creations Dina Inc.
    333 Chabanel W, Suite 900
    Montreal, Quebec H2N 2E7
    Tel (514) 383-0070, Fax 383-4964
    Attn: Dina

Mariana
    www.heinzandmariana.com
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Default RE: Contact Info

I just called - no answer, but I will call again. I will try to find out if she has a deal with Walmart (or anyone else in the US) and if not, if she would do some sort of co-op for her US fans. I'll post more when I find out more....
    Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default They're probably closed

Montreal is Eastern time -- so it would be after 5pm there.

Melissa

Default Update #2

Just got back about an hour ago from Walmart. These must be really new bags, b/c today they had the white corduroy mothership and blue alpha 7's out too, along with the pink chocolate motherships and pink (Mac?) bowling bags.

I picked up a white chocolate one (that may be spoken for) b/c I liked the look of it better than the pink. The blue is a funny rubbery fabric -- is that what the real Alpha 7's are like?

Also, I'm hoping that the authentic Motherships are a bit more "substantial" -- this is a pretty floppy bag (but for $31.98 taxes in, I can understand why). The lining is not a very nice quality nylon -- but again, you get what you pay for.

I won't post pictures b/c Jenn has outdone me!! :)

Melissa

Default RE: They're probably closed

I think you're right - I called about 4:45. If she is a self starter, small business, maybe she knocked off early for the night. Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes by calling. If I am, just say so and I will step back. Thanks.

Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

Default Toes intact!

I don't have any problem with you calling. I'm quite curious. It is RARE that we get baby products here that aren't available in the US. I just assumed that WM US would carry them....

Melissa

Truska Guest

Default RE: Toes intact!

>I don't have any problem with you calling. I'm quite
    >curious. It is RARE that we get baby products here that
    >aren't available in the US. I just assumed that WM US would
    >carry them....
    >
    >Melissa

I totally agree, Melissa!

And you posted about the real Alpha versus the one at Walmart...I had both (briefly...a friend has the Walmart one now), and the material is different, but similar. I find my Alpha to be a bit softer, and am thrilled to have it. However, I was desperately trying to justify the $100+USD for the MS when I really, really don't need it, and don't go out much to get *that* much use out of a larger bag. Hope people aren't upset, but for me, the price was right with the Walmart brand. I would love to own the Fleurville MS, and while I still haven't discounted actually getting it, I'm okay with this one too! :-)

I'm curious to hear what she might have to say about a co-op or something similar though! Oh, and if you guys need anything more local, I'm about 2.5 hours from Montreal.

LaceyJ Guest

Default DON'T SUPPORT KNOCK-OFFS

Someone here should email Fleurville. I'd like to hear what they have to say. Personally, I think people shouldn't support knock-offs. It will just hurt Fleurville's business, and then you won't see them making great new products. I'm sure there's a trademark violation here as well - that logo is a ridiculous copy. It even looks like the instruction book is the same.

masetane Guest

Default RE: DON'T SUPPORT KNOCK-OFFS

Maybe they are allowed since it is in a different country??? While it is eyebrow raising in how similar thse are and it is a pretty obivious knock off, I disagree - the more choice a consumer has the better. Even though I bought 3 Fleurville bags, their prices are ridiculous (that said, many things I feel are overpriced). It's nice that a consumer has options. I would think that every little detail could not be copied though and in this case, it seems like it has and that might have gone a bit too far. However, here in NYC, I can tell you all the knock offs you see and people buy because they are actually affordable!!
    Caroline
    Isabelle 10/1/00
    Nicholas 2/27/03

Default Hmm

I'm actually wondering if this is from an affliate Fleurville company, made to appeal to a wider market. Walmart is a mass distributor, catering to all economic groups. Take me for example, I have never even heard of Fleurville until this board. And there are NO specialty baby stores in my area. Just a thought...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast