Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twofallbabies Guest

Default Skip Hop and black holes....

Hey gals,
    I bought a Skip Hop at BuyBuyBaby the other day. REALLY like it, but the "black hole" thing is driving me nuts! I got it in Navy...would it be better if I'd gotten a lighter color? I only picked Navy b/c the store had only black, navy and charcoal. I'd really prefer mushroom or ice blue, though.

Any thoughts? TIA!

Jessica, MD mama to
    Dillon (9/18/98)
    & Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
    http://www.bettersoycandles.com

sarasmom Guest

Default RE: Skip Hop and black holes....

Hi I have the pink and do not have a problem. The bottom half of the bag on the inside is black. Where the lower inside pockets start. Maybe having the inside top half a light color helps. I LOVE my Skip Hop.
    SARA'S MOM

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have the red SH and its not a problem. LOVE my SKIP HOP!!!!

Melissa

twofallbabies Guest

Sarah and Melissa,
    Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm STILL debating this bag! The main reason I wanted it was for the cup-holding feature for my P3. I'm just not sure if it's worth $50, especially with the black-hole syndrome, lol! I may order the ice blue or the mushroom and see how that works for me.

Thanks again!

Jessica, MD mama to
    Dillon (9/18/98)
    & Lucas (10/24/02)

Chelsey333 Guest

I have the ice blue and I love it. However, I do find the last 5 inches of the bag hard to get into and see what is down there. But it doesn't bother me much bec I love the 2 zippered compartments and the outside compartments. I only keep clothes and diapers in the bottom of the bag. But all and all, I never have a hard time finding stuff bec of the great pockets. My bag does get dirty easily. But I washed in on gentle in the washing machine and it came out great.

Hi! I rarely write, but read daily. I just wanted to let you know that I debated the same thing as you before ordering my Skip*Hop bag. I wound up getting the ice blue. It arrived this morning, and after hearing your black hole problem, you solidified my decision to keep my bag. The one I have does not have that problem, and therefore, I think you might be happier with a different color. I hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Candice
    Mom to Jonah William 6/25/04

twofallbabies Guest

HI Candice,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have 2 boys, and was originally thinking of getting the Ice Blue as well, but would have had to order it online, and I hate paying for hsipping, lol! So when I found the Navy at a B&M store, I jumped on it. :)

What kind of stroller do you use your SkipHop on?

Jessica, MD mama to
    Dillon (9/18/98)
    & Lucas (10/24/02)

Jessica,
    There are many places on line that are selling them for $50 including shipping & handling. That's how I got mine. I got mine on e-bay, but I know expressivetoys.com is also doing that deal (I found out after I bought mine). So, it might be worth it for you to return it and order it from somewhere w/free s&h. I also know that expressivetoys.com has every color.

To answer your question I will be using it on my Combi Ultra Savvy. I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm sure it will work. I know that my stroller is navy, but I didn't care I just really liked the light blue. I'm not too concerned about my stroller and bag matching, b/c I know I'll use the bag a lot w/out the stroller. However, I know many people want them to match, which I totally understand.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

masetane Guest

Hi Jessica - I don't think you will be disappointed in terms of the black hole effect. I kept my skip hop in the bag for 3 months and finally broke it out today. It will be used a stroller bag (won't take off) b/c I don't like that you can't sit it down on its one (not to mention I bought a bunch of others!!) Because it is half red and half black, it worked out fine for me and wish I had begun using it earlier!!
    Caroline
    Isabelle 10/1/00
    Nicholas 2/27/03

kseltmann Guest

I love my Skip Hop. I have a pink one and I don't get the black hole thing because I keep my Lands End Large tote zippered bag thing at the bottom of the bag with a change of clothes in there and never really have to go in there. Did that make sense?
    I can't say enough about my Skip Hop, it is my everyday diaper bag and I passed up getting myself a T2 in the coop because I really like my Skip Hop.
    Anyway... Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast