Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Post your favorite baby gear/gadgets!

I am sure I'll have more to add, but here's what comes to mind right now:

-FP Ocean Wonders Aquarium Swing...a LIFE SAVER for us early on!!! We had many nights with DS crying endlessly! This was the only thing that seemed to soothe him & allow us to get some rest! (He still likes it!)

-FP Deluxe Take Along Swing...LOVE this!! Have it in our bedroom. DS STILL loves to sit and/or swing in this. Uses it while I take a shower.

-Baby Einstein DVDs

-Ocean Wonders Aquarium that fits on the crib rail...DS has loved this since the first time we used it with him! It helps him relax & lulls him to sleep!

-Carters Sleepers...made so much nicer than other brands we've tried!

-Pampers Swaddlers & Cruisers....we tried them all, these are our favorite!!

-FP Sounds & Lights Monitor...works great in our house!

-Babytrend Snap & Go...so easy to use & convenient when DS was a newborn!!!!!!!!!!

-Peg Perego P3...LOVE this stroller!!!

-Bibsters

-Especially for Baby brand bottle sterilizer...I am a germ freak & this one is much cheaper than the Avent & works GREAT!!

-JLChildress Maxicool bottle bag...fits in my diaper bag perfect & holds 3 Avent bottles!

-JLchildress StrollerCool...use it on my the side of my P3 to store DS toys...works GREAT!

I know there's more...but need to go to playgroup :-)

Oh my gosh...have to add (even though it's not exactly gear or gadgets):
    -Aveeno Baby Bath products & lotions (ESPECIALLY the "Calming Comfort" lavender & vanilla - smells AWESOME!)....Aveeno is the BEST! My DS had a lot of problems with dry skin & rashes, started using these products, & now his skin is perfect!

-Also, not really a baby product, BUT...we purchased an inexpensive CD player for DS nursery. We play classical CDs in there every night at bedtime. Very soothing!!

-Again, not TRULY a baby product..purchased "Util-a-Mat" at Sams Club...bright colored, interlocking, soft rubbery square pads. They are perfect for DS to play on & they protect the carpet!!

Ooh, sorry so long...I got carried away :P

Default I am giving an honorable mention to the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

after discovering today that it removes crayon from ceramic tile. I have a feeling I will be buying these in bulk for the next few years!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

Default RE: Post your favorite baby gear/gadgets!

LOve the idea for the 'to go kit'!!

Things I've loved thru 2 kids...

1. Britax Marathon!
    2. Table Toppers
    3. My Graco double stroller
    4. Land's End Squall coats for winter
    5. Antibacterial wipes/ also keep bath and body kids hand wipes in car, my 3 year old loves them!
    6. shopping cart cover from BRU, DS falls asleep in it! looks pretty comfy too!
    7. Gerber sippy cups (except didn't like new version of training cups w/ handles, they changed the spout to soft stuff, the valve would always fall out and then cup leaked)
    8. I also bring a blanket to hotels, to lay over bedspread... did you ever see those reports on hotel rooms?!
    9. Pamper's Cruisers for my little boy who would leak thru any other diaper... and Huggies Overnights for him at night.
    10. Sheet savers when babies
    11. Graco Kite Literider, light, yet still has parent tray/shade/ and huge basket, plus snack tray
    12. Baby Bargains book of course ;-)
    13. Kolcraft car seat carrier stroller. bought when i had baby #2 actually and still used it a lot.

that's all i can think of for now,, getting tired!

Default RE: Ride on carry on

Sorry I totally forgot to reply! I didn't mean to ignore you!

I don't check a stroller at all b/c we only fly to grandma's house. If we fly anywhere else we'll probably just pick up a cheapo umbrella stroller there.

Before we got the Ride-On Carry-On, we were carrying her around in a Sutemi Pack. If you can envison this - I had her in the Sutemi in front, my PPB backpack on the back, and wheeling a suitcase. DH has the OSA backpack (for meds & emergency changes) and is either wheeling or backpack-wearing the Marathon carseat with the Safefit carrier. If we have another suitcase, he's got that too!

.....I think we overpack, considering DH & I have 2 changes of clothes at Grandma's and she DOES have a washing machine..... :P But in our defense, we do go for 2 weeks at a time...

We got a "scratch & dent" Ride-On Carry-On for $25 on their website and as far as I can tell the frame has a small scuff mark but the rest is absolutely perfect! It's great for people who don't need or use a stroller.

mamarazzo Guest

Default No one's mentioned garment extenders yet...

* False Bottoms - snap-on cloth strips for extending the life of bodysuit shirts, from One Step Ahead. Fantastic! Babycenter carries a similar product by iPlay, but user reviews seem to indicate they don't fit as many brands.

* Nurse EZ Twin nursing pillow - I don't have twins, but this has been a wonderful nursing pillow. Probably the single most-used baby item I own. I started with a Boppy, but it didn't fit very well.

* Sony babyCall monitor - I love the multitude of channels to choose from, for better chance of avoiding interference. We've had no problems.

* Bumkins Junior Bibs (the big ones with arm holes) - I used the smaller Super Bibs for some time and loved them, but they weren't up to the task of toddler meals. Fortunately I came across the Junior Bibs with their increased coverage over the lap, which made a world of difference. And he's not able to tear these off, like the others.

* Fisher-Price Nesting Action Vehicles - a favorite toy for months, and still going. For ages 6 months and up, they're a set of 4 cars that nest and stack, and each has a different little fun thing about it. So many ways to play with them, and my guy does every day.

* Lamaze baby mirror - I thought $20 was too much when I bought it, but it's still a favorite a year later, so I'd say I got my money's worth.

* second-hand Cosco stationary bouncer - a discontinued model jumper that sits in a frame on the floor. Fisher-Price recently came out with something similar, but at the time there were none others around. My little jumping bean absolutely adored it, and it could be placed anywhere.

* Gladware mini round plastic containers (4 oz), perfect for freezing homemade baby food, and much cheaper than Rubbermaid and similar containers. Using ice cube trays is fine, but individual containers had many advantages.

MR

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5