Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    toomanystrollers Guest

Default RE: Is the Fleurville MS too big for me? link to pics

:) I got to play with some Loom bags during the Chicago retreat. IMO, the Loom is more manageable than the MS and the strap's a lot shorter. Apparently the Loom doesn't work well messenger style for tallish moms. I had no problem wearing it messenger style, but I know Jen didn't like it.

robmab719 Guest

What about one of the nylon Timi & Leslies? I just got the black nylon and, while it's a little boring on the outside, the inside fabric is really fun. And the outside bottle pockets actually work because the nylon is slicker than the vinyl. You could always get the bright pink nylon if you want something more fun.

I really like the Timi and Leslie because of the adjustable strap. I also have a Mothership and, though I'm tall and can get away with it, I've found myself gravitating toward my smaller bags lately (Kecci, Bandicoot and T&L) just because I don't need quite as much space as I did when I had a newborn.

caroline9 Guest

Hmm, I wonder where I could take a look at a loom bag...I did not know you wnet to Chicago Pam! Alothugh if the strap is shorter I am gonigin the wrong direction since I don't want it to slip. I actually did like the MS strap. ALthough it makes me looks shorter to have a bag hanging down at my knees, I cannot stand it when it falls off my shoulders and I can't swing it around to my back.

Anyway, Robyn, I agree, I too jsut don't need that much bag for the mall, out at the store, etc. (as the MS) and if I go further I would just pack a backpack, not something stylish. I jsut am addicted to that LB pattern!) I did see the T&L bag that I think you or someone posted a while back in nylon, I agree thew inside fabric is fun, but for some reason I cannot justify spending more than about 45-50 dollars on a bag that is not a fancy laminated print on the outside...and frankly I am nuts to think I can afford this one! The only reason I got it was that my sister got me a PPB for christmas, which I returned for the toddler tote, then sold b/c I did not like the fabric delicacy and straps, so I felt I had to get something with the money since I felt bad for selling a gift I asked for.Anyway, I need to make a decision, I don't even know if T&L will take this one back!

FWIW, my DH does not think the T&L looks too big on me, wonder if I should just hang onto it since I won't lose shipping that way, I do like the adjustable strap! Perhaps, as with all bbay/tofddler item,s,there is no perfect bag!

How big is the chesetter backpack? the measurements seem quite large, but being a small person maybe a backpack won't look as silly on me as a big bag? Oh to be tall!

Caroline
    Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

Hi, let me preface by saying that quite a few BBB moms have met me in person at the Chicago retreat and can vouch that I am a real-life mom and not some freak posing as a woman here... now that's out of the way...

Can I say that you look great?! :) Your expression is also so cute on that picture, and for some reason, it makes the bags look even bigger on you. (If that makes any sense at all LOL) Like the PPs, I too think both bags look huge on you. You can theoretically keep the MS for travel or for all-day outings. But it is not really practical in the sense that you cannot carry it messenger style, and usually when you are travelling, you need to free both arms to carry everything but the kitchen sink with you. ;-)

I was going to suggest a Lands' End DoIT ALL or an LE canvas bag (in pink stripes and now on sale too). But they are more the practical kind and not covered in vinyl.

Have you seen an Alpha 7? Do you think it will be too small for your needs? I like one PP's idea: carry 2 bags--one for essentials and one for back-ups. You can always leave the back-up in the car or in the basket of the stroller or have DH carry it for you. lol

Good luck on your search. NO, you are not nuts at all. If you are, we all are. ;-)

Cheers, Lin
    Mom to 2 wild boys
    D 3/98
    G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...n/pnoodles.gif

MorganMom Guest

I agree, the MS looks huge on you (tho I love your expression in the pic :D ). I also love the pink stripe and ended up buying on in the last co-op along with a blue chocolate Alpha 7. I have to say that the MS is way too huge for me to use for an everyday bag. I am probably going to end up selling it and getting a Loom Bandicoot or Marsupial....we'll see.

Anyways, I think you should look at the Alpha 7. I love mine; the organization is wonderful and it's the perfect size to use every day. Plus I like that the strap is quickly adjustable...I can go from hanging on my stroller to throwing it on my shoulder in 5 seconds flat. The only drawback to the A7 is they don't have alot of cool colors. Hopefully that'll change soon!

jasabo Guest

Caroline,

Wanted to let you know that I had a Marsupial (returned it because I didn't like it) and I really think you'd have the same problem that you do with the MS. I found it very big and bulky. I'm 5'8 and not half as petite (you're SO lucky) as you are, and it looked bulky on me. JMO though - many moms love it.

I really think you should look at the Alpha 7.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

ivparker Guest

Hey! I just ordered a MS, too, and am about the same size as you. So I think I might have the same problem. But I was wondering if there were any other mamas out there who still use the bag even if it is so big just because they aren't usually carrying it on their shoulder? Maybe it is in your stroller basket (if it can fit) or on the floor at a restuarant or a friend's house. What I am thinking is that maybe it would be good to have a big bag for evenings at friend's house or day trips where you wouldn't be necesarily carrying the bag around. I hope it works out for you. I hope it does for me, too, because I really want to use this bag. Any other petite mamas that can give us hope?

BTW I haven't recieved my ms yet.

caroline9 Guest

Thanks for the compliments on the pics Lin and MorganMom, and my size, though I hate being this short! The expression must be due to the self-timer! Lin I totally agree, I travel a lot and cannot imagine using anything but a backpack for that, so getting a MS for travel seems pointless. Maybe the LE bag would work for daily use....I agree, I think both bags should go back and I should just save my money, I really did like the look of the alpha 7 on the web, (have not seen it IRL recently) but it appeared it was not covered in vinyl and so I thought I'd wait to see if they came out with a new one! Aren't they redisigning it next year? That is a LONG time to wait, but do-able, since by then I may have another baby and a legitimate excuse for a new bag. Does it have feet? I actually really like the blue chocolate color a lot!

Lisa, Thanks for the heads up on the loom bags, they seemed big judging by the measurements, but isn't the alpha 7 about the same size as the T&L bag (12x12?) If so that is actually OK with me I think, but it still might look a little goofy.

ivparker, I think if *you * are comfortable carrying the bag that is what matters, *I* felt really self-conscious, but if all the petite women want to join in the fun and start wearing huge bags, maybe it wouldn't look so strange, lol! Seriously though, it is a very large bag but if you need the space, you need the space! If you don't like it you can always return or ebay. They seem to do quite well there. I really wanted it to work for me but it seems too big. I have always had big bags, but never this big (thoguh I can always manage to sue the space!)

OK I think I am going to have to send back the T&L and look into an alpha, though I think maybe just sticking with my current crummy backpack will save me most money and time. thanks for all the help ladies, I would not have thoguht to return the T&L bag , but I thikn it is going back too.

Caroline
    Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

Chelsey333 Guest

I am 5'8", so I don't have a problem with the Mothship's size. I admit, the bag did look huge on you. But it really is a great bag, and I would still keep it if I was shorter. As much as I don't want to be self-conscience about a bag on me, that bag is so big and super organized - it might be worth it for you. I would really miss my MS if I had to get rid of it. By far, it is the best organized bag I have had. It is a staple bag for me when visiting friends and family. If I were you, I would think about keeping it for weekends away or visiting family. It is so nice to have a huge bag that you can toss everything in and not have to bring a couple of small bags. Its kind of like the mini van theory. I know a mini van is not the coolest looking vehicle, but the convenience outweighs the coolness factor :}

marnay Guest

Here is a link to an eariler discussion that has pictures of a Chester Backpack. I am not a backpack kinda gal so I don't have one. I have the Chester classic diaper bag.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

Here is a link with pictures of a classic diaper bag, this is the kind I have too.
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboar...ng_type=search

Naydene

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast