Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Is the Fleurville MS too big for me? link to pics

I guess that there is a good side to being a giant (well, compared to you anyway....I'm 5'5" LOL). I love my Alpha, but wanted something just a bit bigger for the times when I need to carry a bit more or we're out all day. So, I bought a MS. When I first took it out of the box, I thought,"Well, now that's a bit bigger than I thought it would be" (even though I knew from others that it would be "big"). But then I fell in love with the organization (much like my Alpha). I showed it to DH when he came home and he even remarked how he didn't think it would be as big as it is. I slung it over my shoulder and asked him if I looked ridiculous. He said,"No....but it is definitely a diaper bag (meaning it doesn't look like my new Ella's)." I would not feel comfortable using it for everyday, but I think it will be perfect for long trips to the zoo, grandparents, etc. Also, I saw someone the other day using one and she was smaller than me and she said it is so nice to have the organization, especially with 2 kids. So, I figure, if nothing else, I'll get more use when the next one shows up. HTH.
    Traci
    ~Connor's Mom~

caroline9 Guest

Traci, LOL on the giant comment. Beleive me at 5 feet and 90 pounds, I feel like thumbelina sometimes! There is no doubt I could fill up that space and keep that bag with me at all times (The MS) I don't even think it is *that* big inside, I just feel like I look goofy wearing it. I REALLY wanted it to work for me, but I also wanted people to be honest and tell me if they thought it looked silly. What did you think? I bought it b/c I have seen it on other moms and it looked OK and I thought I could get away with it, but I don't think I can. I agree though, I keep thinking about #2, and I really don't know that I coulfd fit everything in one bag! Maybe I should just hold off on any diaper bag until I am pg with #2. I wish the strap on the MS weren't so wide, I think that is part of what makes it look so odd on me. ALso, it looks more like an oversized purse than a bag, and while that is part of what attracts me I think that is part of what makes me looks so silly, since I am already udnersized! Anyway, it is mroe to think about. In the meantime I think the other one is gonig back. I may pull out the MS one more time just to try it on before I ship it today, but I think it is just too large for my frame :(
    Caroline
    Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I totally agree about the strap....can's say I like it and I think that is the thing that makes it look bad on me. It kinda makes the bag seem even bigger because the color and wideness of it draws attention to you. Honestly, I think it looks big on everyone....definitely makes me think,"Wow, they must have a lot of stuff." Like I said, giant that I am ;), I wouldn't carry it around everyday (I don't think I have that much stuff!), but, for the times I can truly use the size and organization, my appearance will probably be the last thing on my mind. Whatever you decide, we support you :)
    Traci
    ~Connor's Mom~

caroline9 Guest

I agree, I think it probably looks big on everyone. I am so sad I missed the coop as I would have liked to get an alpha 7 now that I am eliminating others. I did just look at the loom bandicoot, and while it is not covered in plastic, it is a nice bag, I wonder if it is too big? I love the color of the blue.

Caroline
    Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

MorganMom Guest

BTW, the Alpha 7 isn't covered in vinyl, but does have a plastic-y covering on the fabric (at least my Blue Choco does). The fabric is def. laminated or something...I have already had DS spill some juice on it and the juice ran right off.

jasabo Guest

I have the red A7 and it's just canvas - no laminate covering. Definitely different from the Mothership and it's vinyl covering. However, my A7 has done well in the 4 or 5 months I've been using it. I've had to wipe off a few things, and it cleans up well. Certainly not as good as the MS of course.

I did hear they were redesiging the A7, but I thought someone said they weren't adding any new fabrics. I could be wrong though.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

I am also petite and have ruled out the MS because it looks so large and silly on me. Even store clerks, who should want to sell me a MS, have told me the MS looks too big on me. I agree with you that it seems more practical than the T&L, though. I guess it's that quetsion of style versus functionality again.

First due in CA in October

Caroline,

If you want the Alpha 7 still at the co-op price, just log onto babybags (or join if you're not a member) and email me (I'm the list owner) - the retailer still has some that I'm sure she wouldn't mind selling ;)

Ronda
    Mommy to 2 sweeties!
    Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh

I'm 5' 3" and I carry a MS in blue chocolate. Often, though, I'll hang it on the stroller or put it in the stroller basket. Or it's sitting on the floor in the restaurant/friend's house/waiting room/wherever. I have received compliments on it from a few people when I was carrying it, though, so I guess I don't look too silly.

I just love how I can keep it packed with everything I might need for all day, so I can grab it and go and not have to worry if I'm out longer than anticipated.

Teehee, just had to go get it and look in the mirror. Yes, it's a big bag! But I still think it doesn't look too ridiculous on me- it's remarkably like the messenger style bookbags a lot of college kids use (except it's baby blue and coated in vinyl, of course!) An adjustable strap would go a long way toward making it more wearable for shorter mamas, though.

Kit

Littleman 10/03, Mr. Sweetcheeks 08/05, Babyman 11/07

pixelprincess Guest

Another petite commiserator at 5' 2"! I returned my Indigo mothership that I had obtained for an awesome price as I felt engulfed by the bag! Yep, the straps make the bag seem larger. I did get an Alpha7 which is a great size for me. It does fit a ton more than you'd think it would. Only wish the exterior pockets weren't as snug! Oooh, have you checked out the Kecci's? Not vinyl, but very cute and roomy.

If you stick around here and you'll end up with more than one bag. LOL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast