Default Going in on a shower gift, was thinking of a Mothership but ???

The gift is for someone who lives in a colder climate, and is planning to move to the Northern parts of Sweden. Although she loves this bag, I am wondering if the plastic outside will crack. I didn't even think of it, but the holes in the corners brought it into my mind. Also if she has a problem, will she be able to get any service from their CS.

What other suggestions would you have for large size newborn diaper bags? Part of me thinks we should get her a bag more like the LE DIA and then a good travel stroller for her airline trips back and forth. Any other suggestions?
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Default RE: Going in on a shower gift, was thinking of a Mothership but ???

Kath (I'm really not following you, it's just that your threads keep catching my attn! LOL)

Those holes in the MS bug me. That can't be good. I am leaning toward the LE DIA and a travel stroller. But then she'll be in Sweden so she can get all the great strollers there, right?

Or you can check out the Loom Marsupial (same organization, no vinyl covering, same designer, less expensive) and a gift certificate for a Hotsling! (love those!)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default RE: Going in on a shower gift, was thinking of a Mothership but ???

How about a Skip Hop and a travel stroller???? I think that would be a great combination!

Granted, the Skip Hop isn't as big as the MS, but I personally can pack the same amount in it due to the fantastic organization. Plus, the Skip Hop is perfect for travel b/c it fits on the stroller (one less thing to shlep around an airport!), but you can strap it over your shoulder at the gate.

I like my MS, but it sure d/n get anywhere the amount of use as my Skip Hop. LOVE my Skip Hop!!! :)

HTH
    Melissa
    Mom to Maya http://www.mothering.com/discussions...lies/binky.gif & Dog Mom to Bubba http://www.mothering.com/discussions...milies/dog.gif

http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtic...9.birthday.png

Default I think you are probably right, Priscilla,

I am thinking we are going to pass on the Mothership. I can't imagine it wouldn't crack, especially with the issues on the corners. She will get a regular full size Swedish stroller (most likely an Emmaljunga, I am so jealous, lol ;-)) but doesn't think the availability for a regular travel stroller will exist. That new Soho DX looks promising, I might need to check it out. If we can find either a reasonably priced bag, and then throw some other travel items in, I think it might be a good gift.

~Abraham Lincoln~

Default Oh Melissa, the SkipHop is a good idea...

I know she loves the fun colors of the Mothership, and would probably love the SkipHop. Your point about the airport is very pertinent, and it would make a fun theme since we want her to visit often!!! I'll have to stroller shop, then I can look for a matching one. Okay, I think this might be more fun than just getting the Mothership, lol!

Thank you for your help!
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Chelsey333 Guest

Default RE: Oh Melissa, the SkipHop is a good idea...

I think the Skip Hop or Alpha 7 would be a great gift idea. I think both bags would be great for traveling.