Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default RE: PICS!

what a great bag. If DH hadn't banned me from shopping I'd actually buy it. However, one question. What's the dog's name? I saw paws in one of the pics. He looks like a cutey. Have fun w/your bag.
    Candice
    WOHM to DS1 (6/04), DS2 (12/05), DD (2/09) and to our fur-st Sascha
    family blog: www.whatsupkahn.blogspot.com

hudsonam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: RAVE: My LL Bean microfiber

I think you've sold me on this bag! And I was leary of a bag not meant to be a diaper bag, since this is my first bag and first child, but it looks great, and you can't beat LL Bean's guarantee. Now I can't decide between blue and black. The blue looks kind of funky on the site, but in person it might be nice. Hmmm.... ;-)

If anyone is interested, they also have a Carryall Shoulder Bag, that seems to be identical other than the material, and it's in different colors! :-)

dmlbonjour Guest

Yep - I checked out that one too! I loved the fact that it came in burgandy - one of my favorite colors. They do seem to be quite similar - the one difference that I noted was that the dimensions are a little different with the carryall being a little longer and narrower than the microfiber. And I think, but am not sure, it looked like in the pics of the microfiber bag that the cell phone pocket on the side has a flap that closes, on the carryall, it doesn't look like there is one - just a pocket. In the end I went for the microfiber just because I thought it was a little more dressy looking but it was a tough choice!

-Michelle

Yes, I also noticed that the closure on the front flap seems to be different, and it looks easier on the microfiber. Plus, the other one does not have the silver interior, which I like. What color did you order?

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

FWIW, I have the small rolling microfiber suitcase from that LL Bean line of luggage, and I have dragged that bag all around the country - frequently - for more than three years. That bag has taken a beating in both overhead bins and as checked baggage, and the fabric still looks brand new. You have definitely bought a long-term, multifunctional bag!

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You've got me thinking about this bag!!
    I was wondering if you find it easy to access things inside the bag when you're on the go. Do you find the flap & zipper combo to be inconvenient??
    Thanks!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I usually put stuff under the flap that I don't need to access all the time (like diaper changing stuff, some of my own knick knacks, etc.. It seems like I tend to use the main zipper pocket the most at the top, that doesn't have a flap. The only thing is, the key fob can be a little bit of a pain to get to, since it's in the flap area, I wish it was in the main compartment.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The microfiber is also really easy to clean.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh...do you mean the flap does NOT go over the main compartment????
    That would be awesome!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast