swan01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Love my Skip Hop but fear it is too small - alternative suggestions?

I love my Skip Hop, but it seems a tad small to me. It is currently the only bag I have (if you don't count the free formula bags I was sent home with). My daughter is 1 month old and after packing 2-3 diapers, small blanket, change of clothes, wipes, etc., I can't imaging adding formula and bottles to the mix for when she is older. I also use it as my purse, so that stuff also takes up some room.

I typically wear it messanger style (crossed over my chest) unless I am using the stroller. I have also been holding out for the Kecci co-op, so I will definitely be ordering one of those in a couple weeks.

Does the Kecci have more room inside than the Skip Hop? Also, can anyone recommend a slightly larger bag I could wear messanger style?

Thanks!

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Love my Skip Hop but fear it is too small - alternative suggestions?

Have you looked at the Timbuk2 bags?? They are not "technically" diaper bags...but they work well as one. The PeeWee which is their small messenger would hold more than the Skip Hop.
    I had a Skip Hop when my baby was younger & ended up returning it because I just couldn't fit everything in. I recently purchased another one & it's working well for me now that I stopped shlepping so much stuff!!
    I am keeping my Timbuk2 in the car packed with extra supplies now.
    HTH :-)

Mikesa3 Guest

Default RE: Love my Skip Hop but fear it is too small - alternative suggestions?

I don't know if you can wait but Skip Hop is coming out with a larger size soon.HTH
    Nancy-Mom to 6 Great Kids

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey, do you know when??
    I am getting impatient!!!

Mikesa3 Guest

No sorry.I don't.In the email I got they said there will be a shorter but thicker style too.I'll be looking for that one.It sounded like it would be soon.:-)
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids