Default Baby at restaurants?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but once baby has outgrown the bucket car seat, but before they can sit up enough to be in a highchair - what do you do with them at restaurants?

Slingin_Momma Guest

Default RE: Baby at restaurants?

Put them in a sling? I know a lot of people kept their infant seats in their trunk and just used them at restraunts. I had a portable boosted and my son was able to sit up in it, although I never ran into the problem that you are facing (I have a tiny little peanut).

We used a sling or a stroller (this required scoping out the restaraunt first ;-)). We didn't use the bucket seat much to begin with anyway, but I have heard others who bring them in the trunk of their car once the baby can not use them in the car as a restraint and just use them in the restaurant.

HTH~
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

I kept our infant car seat in the trunk for a while & just used it in restaurants & in the grocery store. Or I'd use my sling. Kind of a tough time when they're too big for the infant car seat, but too small to sit up in a high chair or shopping cart. :)

Sounds like you might need to start looking for a shopping cart cover. Most of them work in restaurant high chairs, too. I got mine from www.sewcuteboutique.com & really like it. :)

HTH.
    Jill
    DD 2004
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2014 finally!

westchicagomom Guest

For awhile we used the infant seat which we kept in the trunk as PP said. Depending on the restaurant, we also brought a stroller in.

lmariana Guest

We loved the Bumbo seat. We used it everywhere...home, hotels, vacations, restaurants. It's a little seat they can use before they can sit up on their own. Very cute and useful!

Mariana
    Owner of HappyDayBaby
    Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003
    www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img]

MeredithsMom Guest

I asked this question awhile back as well! It's something you never think about, right? We are almost at this point, so we bought a Bumbo seat. DD loves it! We have not used it in a restaurant yet, but I have tried her out in it at home several times. I would advise always being right next to the child in the Bumbo, though. My daughter likes to tilt back and I've heard that some kids can flip themselves back (ie don't leave them on a table alone, or even a hard floor). But I am an ultra-paranoid 1st time mom. :-)

Here's a pic: She was just over 4 months when I took this. She holds her head up well, but cannot sit without support yet.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/19275.jpg