audball Guest

Default Timbuk2s on Sale at Sierra Trading Post!

..They just lowered their prices on their graphic messengers (small and medium) again!:
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/EUI...C616001AB1E17F

Embedded in every Sierra Trading Post catalog are a few riddles. Answer them correctly in the comments section and you get free shipping! Go to www.fatwallet.com and get the free shipping riddle. This one is good until 12/30/04 (from fatwallet.com):
    - Free Shipping Riddle 3 - Valid 'till 12/30/04 (credit goes to thepuppy)
    Bob was 22 in 68 when he soared into the record book at 350½”. Tell us who did what
    UNCONFIRMED ANSWER (Google it first): Bob Beamon set a long jump record that held for almost 23 years when he leapt 29 feet and 2½ inches at the 1968 Olympics.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Timbuk2s on Sale at Sierra Trading Post!

Man, those prices are ROCK BOTTOM! I have both the small and medium T2 messengers, and they are great bags!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

audball Guest

..I know! I bought a medium graphic from ebags because I liked those patterns better, but at these prices, I could have bought two of the mediums at STP :)....

Trying to convince DH he needs another messenger, but he's not budging (heehee)...

nov02mom Guest

OK- what's so great about these Timbuk2 bags? They're not diaper bags right? I feel as though I'm missing something!
    Kristen

audball Guest

I don't know if they rank up there and the *best* diaper bag (well, which ONE does, right? ;))...but for loading up gear, this is one of the best bags I've seen. It lacks interior organization (just one long pocket with a few accessory pockets), but in some ways, that's the beauty of it. You can make the interior accomodate anything - from large books, sippys, snack cups, etc. If you get an insulated bottle bag, you can take long trips and fit EVERYTHING :)....

The down-side is that if you don't have a lot of stuff to put in the bag, your items are swimming in the interior.

The shoulder/messenger strap is easy to adjust and if you utilize the stabilizing strap, it sits nicely on your back. The interior is in a contrasting color, so no "black hole" effect. You can open the flap all the way out to see everything at a glance. Plus, it doesn't look like a typical diaper bag. Guys don't mind carrying it.

smomom Guest

Thanks so much for this post. I have been wanting to try a Timbuk2 and the price is right on these. Your free shipping answer worked like a charm too. I got a small Paris bag and can't wait to see it. Too bad I won't have it before I leave to go to Paris (TX) tomorrow, but I'm so excited knowing it is on the way.

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh I'm so relieved I saw this posting. I never thought much about getting a diaper bag since I have a ton of messenger bags including the Timbuk2. Friends have asked me if I have picke dout a diaper bag and I always say no because I have a ridiculous amount of messenger bags between both my hubby and myself. I haven't had my baby yet but I have full intention to use my Timbuk2 bag as a diaper bag so I can just throw everything I need in it and I know it will fit and like all you ladies mentioned...the guys can't hate it cuz it's not too "baby" like.

lisak Guest

Lori or anyone,

In your opinion what is the difference between the small and medium T2 messenger bags? I recently bought a SkipHop but don't like how long it hangs on me...I am pretty petite, and think I want a messenger style bag.

I typically carry:
    2 diapers
    wipes box
    disposable changing pad
    Dr. Smith's
    cell phone, lip balm and lip gloss
    book, small toys
    few snack containers
    straw sippy cup
    extra outfit, socks and bib.

Do you think I should order the medium or a small T2?
    TIA!

A small, the medium is way bigger than the small and is not suitable for an everyday bag. I fit around the same amount as you carry in a small.
    Reena
    Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

lisak Guest

Thanks, Reena. Of course, now that I want one, it seems they only have mediums left, so I'll either have to wait for a future co-op or wait for a good deal on one...and just live w/ my Skip Hop for now :(