Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    bethdg1 Guest

Default RE: Whimsical Wears still hasn't come. What should I do?

Ugh, what a load of crap. I, too, ordered from Kim during the last co-op and I am less than pleased with my bag. I had to send it back for her to fix the straps that were not sewn together correctly and it was returned to me worse than before I sent it back. I sent her an email but no response. I feel like I wasted $65.00. I understand morning sickness but her behavior and her "customer service" has not been the least bit professional.

If I were you, I would contact paypal to see if you have any recourse and the Better Business Bureau of Mobile, Alabama and file a complaint against Whimsical Wears. I am this close to doing it myself.

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Okay, I'm trying to compose myself as I just got an e-mail from Kim. I purchased two bags, both with matching changing pads and makeup bags. They were beyond late. I was one of the first to order (in the initial ten) and she told me that it would take three to four weeks. It took more than three months to receive them and many e-mails. I understand that she was hit with the hurricaine, but her initial deadline was well before the hurricaine. I was never offered an explaination or apology as to why it took so long.

Anyway, my bags came in different shipments. The last bag to arrive was incorrect. The pattern was reversed (the inside was supposed to be outside), the hardware was two different colors and the flap was sewn badly. She told me I could return them. I e-mailed her for her address (my husband had thrown away the box they came in) and got no reponse. I knew it took a long time to get a response from her, so I was patient. Shortly thereafter, she announced that she was closing because she had morning sickness problems, etc. I e-mailed her a few more times, asking for her address. No reply.

I tried again this weekend, and finally got an answer. She said that because it's been 60 days (which it hasn't), she won't accept them. I replied that I don't think I should be penalized for being patient with her. I am really very upset. I spoke to Kim a few times on the phone and I just did not see this type of customer service coming from the other end of the phone. I spent over $200 on bags and now I can't return a defective one because I was trying to patient with her??? I'm hoping that she re-thinks this after she gets my e-mail and does the right thing.

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

Default RE: Did you pay by CC or paypal?

With paypal I believe you only have 30 days to submit your claim, unless you paid with your CC via paypal...then you can fight the charge on your card.
    I really hope she is okay, and I am sorry your havent gotten your bag.
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)

I would say that if it were ebay, it is not her responsibility...but what if you ordered something from diaperbags.com per say...they would be responsible tha the package reaches you...and if it doesnt they are SOL.
    I am so sorry, I hope that she takes care of this for you.
    Valerie
    Mom to DD (7/01), DS (3/03) and "brother" (7/08)

bethdg1 Guest

Don't hold your breath, Kimberly. I donated my defective bag to the women's shelter at church.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Even on E-bay unless there is a disclaimer in the listing the general rule is that if one party is a merchant and the other is a regular customer then the merchant is responsible until the item reaches the customer. That's why so many of the ads explicitly say that the seller takes no responsiblity after shipping. AS far as I know there was nothing said during the co-op about this so I would think that WW is responsible until the bag is in your hands.

A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

I can't believe so many people have had problems, and I'm so sorry for you all. I think that, collectively, if it comes down to it, you can all report your issues somewhere. Maybe you all paid with VISA or something? I hate that this is a member of the boards, but there is no excuse that so many people were basically cheated by what sounds to be terrible customer service. Perhaps submit a claim to an internet authority?
    --Julie
    Proud Mommy of C & W
    Owner, Precious Personalities
    My blog (which desparately needs to be updated)

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am having a problem too. I never received my second bag and I just emailed her 2 days ago. She replied that for all the orders that she could not fill, she had sent refunds last Dec. But I never received a refund. I sent her another email asking for the refund.

I'm hoping to get a resolution on this too.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

I am in utter amazement at all that I'm reading here. I too have been giving Kim the benefit of the doubt and have been very nice and patient. I can't believe that she has scr*wed so many people over. Sorry for the choice of words, but that's really what it is. I have a hard time trusting someone who repeatedly lies and makes up excuses. There is NO excuse for her behavior.

Whit-I too wonder who else didn't get a bag/refund. She never mentioned anything to me about a family emergency when she emailed me on Sunday. I'm not buying it. I would be IRATE if she told me I was SOL because the bag never arrived. I wouldn't let it end there, that's for sure. She needs to provide you with a receipt PROVING she(oh, that's right,her husband) mailed it. The USPS provides a receipt every time. "The post office lost it" is the oldest excuse in the book. If it was undeliverable to you, it would have been returned to sender.

Kimberly Anne- I can't believe she has the nerve to tell you she won't accept it due to a non-existant deadline. If she made it wrong, she needs to fix it! These bags weren't cheap. What is her excuse for not returning your emails asking for an address?

Christina- I would definitely pursue this further. You have proof with your Paypal account that you didn't receive a refund. She never even emailed you to tell you your second bag wasn't coming and that you were getting a refund?

We have all been patient and kind and look where it's gotten us. Kim, I'm sure you must be reading these posts. At this point, you really need to be honest with your remaining customers and get this straightened out.
    ~Leslie

SAHM to...
    Ryan 8/14/00
    Matthew 2/14/03

whittyanne Guest

Hey all. Thought you'd want to hear the latest. I emailed Kim back saying that I basically thought it was unprofessional, and that she had a responsibility as a business woman to do good work and to deliver a product to her clients. Anyhow, I thought I was nice about it -- or tried to be anyway.

She's responded to say she will mail me a check. She closed her Paypal account so she can't refund money that way. She asked me to resend my address - which I did, so hopefully something will come in the mail.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast