Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    masetane Guest

Default RE: Whimsical Wears still hasn't come. What should I do?

This person is a disgusting salesperson. If you want to find her, PM email me and I'll help you. I have some pretty good friends who can help me find leads. I got screwed by an ebay seller and I finally was able to track down her real name, home number and it all got resolved. I would definitely report her to authorities. Of course she closed down - no one liked her business. What a nasty nasty person. She should refund you for her error. I'm serious - email me and I'll help you track her down. I hate people who think they can get away with this crap

Caroline
    http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
    Isabelle 10/1/00
    Nicholas 2/27/03
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Birthdaycakeideas/

pritchettzoo Guest

I just noticed this thread yesterday and wanted to stay out of it because I had no answers. But this seems a little over the edge to me.

I organized the co-op. I have no affiliation with Whimsical Wears other than being a happy customer who wanted to share a good deal with my BBB friends, and I received nothing in return for organizing the co-op.

Right around when most of the orders were coming in, Hurricane Somebody (don't remember the name--category 4/5) hit where Kim lives. Her house was severely damaged as was the entire area. She had no power, no internet access, etc. Her local supply places were damaged by the hurricane and closed, so she couldn't get materials or anything except online. Her mail delivery was screwed up because mail trucks couldn't get through due to downed trees, ruined bridges, etc. Shortly thereafter, she was pleasantly surprised by a pregnancy and then unpleasantly with the hyperemesis that goes along with it. Her grandfather passed away. Her FIL was terminally ill and her family was travelling back and forth to deal with that. She has 3 children and a husband to care for. Due to her personal life, she chose to close her business and refund outstanding orders.

As far as I saw on the yahoo group, which I kept open until the LAST MONTH (the co-op began in Aug/Sept) to make sure things were resolved, most of the orders were refunded. People were unhappy with the refunds rather receiving the product, but they got their money back.

So now the issue is that someone has gone 4 months without complaining of a lost package (due to personal issues of her own) and YOU WANT TO TRACK KIM DOWN? What the heck would you do once you found her? I don't think ANY business would give you the time of day about a 4-month-old lost package. If I sold something on ebay and didn't hear from the person for 4 months, I would tell them to go jump in a lake! I think offering half the amount is more than most businesses would do in this situation.

It's a diaper bag. I had a horrible experience with another WAHM diaper bag. I got a complete piece of crapola and never got a refund or the bag fixed, and I was even prompt in my complaint to the business. I didn't track the women down. I posted negative reviews and moved on with my life. Because really, it's just a freaking diaper bag.

Anna
    Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)
    and a BOY! (coming July '05)

After reading all these posts, I'd have to disagree with you Anna. It's not like Whitney was quiet for 4 months - Kim was emailed multiple times, from what I have read. Yes, it is very unfortunate that Kim had to go through all the troubles she has, but she had an obligation to fufill and she did not. That means she should refund the FULL amount if she could not go through with the order. No one should blame Kim for not being able to handle the massive amounts of orders during her troubles, but she can definitely be blamed for giving customers the run-around and not delivering when she promised to.

It's not JUST a diaper bag. Taking someone's money for a product that was never delivered is STEALING. And just giving back half the amount is not acceptable. It was not her money to begin with.

Just adding my 2 cents.
    DS#1: 09/2004
    DS#2: 06/2008

whittyanne Guest

Well that just sucks Jenn. I wanted to respond since I was the original poster of this thread.

Kim did indeed send me a full refund shortly after the entire incident/posting. And the bag never did come - she asked me to send it back if it did but it never came.

Anyway, the entire situation was a shame and I feel badly for everyone involved.

I am pretty sure that calling someone "disgusting" and "nasty" is against the rules here.

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

pritchettzoo Guest

I don't think you are following the thread accurately.

The original post by Whittyanne was back in January--she has just posted an update that she did in fact receive her entire refund. An entirely different poster (Truska) pulled it back up this week and said that she didn't receive her bag but hadn't contacted Kim in over 4 months due to "valid personal reasons." Kim, who has never lied to nor deceived me so I have no reason not to believe what she says, states she mailed the bag--so she did fulfill the order 4+ months ago. If you sold something on ebay and shipped it out according to the terms of the sale and then didn't hear from the person for more than 4 months, would your not refunding the entirety of the money be called stealing?

My issue is with the person to whom I was replying who had offered to TRACK HER DOWN for her. WTH? Where is threatening someone's home and family in any way appropriate for a BUSINESS dispute?

Anna

Edited to correct names

I own 5 Whimsical Wears bags, 3 of them came from the last co-op. Due to the hurricane, death and illness in her family and her severe morning sickness that left her unable to work, Kim was unable to complete the accessories I had ordered. She refunded my money.

I think that you will find that there are far more satisfied customers than not.

I love my bags and I am glad I got them. The experience was nothing but pleasant for me. The only glitch was waiting for the fabrics to come in after the hurricane (totally understandable and not her fault!), but I got emails from Kim and even a phone call during that time to let me know.

...Karen
    DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
    http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/bo...breastfed2.gif

pritchettzoo Guest

Lesli, I believe Kim told you she would issue you a new check as soon as you returned the ruined one to her. Have you sent the old check back to her yet?

Anna

papal Guest

I'm sorry but I do think your statements are WAY over the top. This is another mom we are talking about, who has a family, a life and has been having a lot of problems these past few months. I can understand you might be frustrated about not recieving a refund and/or diaper bag but there is no need to be threatening her.. that is really uncalled for.

papal Guest

I'm sorry but I do think your statements are WAY over the top. This is another mom we are talking about, who has a family, a life and has been having a lot of problems these past few months. I can understand you might be frustrated about not recieving a refund and/or diaper bag but there is no need to be threatening her.. that is really uncalled for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5