Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Whimsical Wears still hasn't come. What should I do?

I've been e-mailing with her back and forth for the last day. She says that she sent me two e-mails with her address so that I could return my items. I NEVER received a single e-mail from her. She never responded to any of the e-mails that I sent her either. I am beyond furious. This bag was defective ... not my fault. She says she thought I decided to keep it ... why would I keep a defective bag??? I've already called my credit card company and they are sending me the paperwork to fill out (they said I will get my money back). I told her that if she doesn't make it right by the end of today, I am filing with PayPal (which I know I won't get any satisfaction from, but it's necessary so they don't close my PayPal account when they get the chargeback from my own credit card company) and then with my credit card company.

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

AdoptChina Guest

Hopefully the check will come faster than the bag lol ;)

tina-t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just received an email from Kim that she will send me a check. Hope that it comes.
    Christina

Mom to 2 little ones

Truska Guest

I'm sorry to bring this thread back up, but I posted briefly yesterday on the Babybags Swap site, ISO of a similar bag to the one that I ordered (*very* early on) in the co-op, and was told to check here, that I might find some people of a similar experience.

I received an email from Kim in December, I believe (after posting on her Yahoo group, wondering where my bag might be), telling me that she had mailed the bag out in October, and that it was out of her hands now, and that it could've gotten lost in the mail. There was nothing she could do, as it was shipping to Canada, there was no tracking number. I felt just stuck, and I didn't know what to do, so, honestly, I kind of wrote it off, *very* disappointed. I even called our customs office, to see if I could somehow find out if it had entered the country, and they had no way to check. I also called our post office, but again, they couldn't help without a tracking number. For some reason, I assumed (you know what they say when you assume...I should know better) that the package would be insured. While I spent less than many of you, this was still quite a bit of money for me (and, once you convert it to CDN, it's that much more), and I'm just upset. Now I see that maybe there's a pattern. Disappointed and upset, I guess.

I checked my paypal history, and I paid for it using funded paypal on August 26, 2004, so, really, I don't have much of a recourse, right?

Thanks for listening!

bluej Guest

Wow, someone needs to look into the post office Kim uses. They seem to lose a lot of her packages. Yes, read that with heavy sarcasm.

I'm sorry you didn't get your bag (or your money since you didn't get a bag). Unfortunately since you used funded paypal I don't think there is anything you can do. I suppose you could write Kim and tell her you don't believe for one minute that she mailed your bag and you want a refund. What do you have to lose at this point?

writeleigh Guest

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. From your words, I can really sense your disappointment, and can understand- when you get excited about a new bag and all it can be very hard :( Obviously, there's not much I can say to help you at all, just wanted you to know I sympathize with you.

Truska Guest

>I suppose you could write Kim and tell her you don't believe for one >minute that she mailed your bag and you want a refund. What do you
    >have to lose at this point?

I guess I could do that...I found an email address when I searched my paypal history. Thanks.

Truska Guest

>I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. From your words,
    >I can really sense your disappointment, and can understand-
    >when you get excited about a new bag and all it can be very
    >hard :( Obviously, there's not much I can say to help you at
    >all, just wanted you to know I sympathize with you.

I appreciate the thoughts. I guess I'm just surprised to see that others experienced this as well...I didn't expect that.

Toba is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

~Kimberly Anne~
    Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
    *the light of my life*

Hey Jenn, I'm actually glad you did bring this thread up again. I'm the one who posted over on babybags because I too am really disappointed in Kim's lack of professionalism. Here's my story...

I ordered 3 bags from her at the end of the co-op(Sept 30?). I waited patiently and finally heard in early December that one of my bags(the one I wanted the most of course!) wasn't coming. The fabric was no longer in stock and that was it. There was no offer to do another fabric. I understood because she was apparently overwhelmed,etc. She supposedly had bad morning sickness and couldn't even get on her computer. Then, I ended up having to email her several times to push to get one of the other bags as it was a Christmas present. Fortunately, it did come a couple of days before Christmas.(cute but missing a couple of options requested) At that point I was still waiting on a backpack for myself. I was so desperate to get the bag that was the gift that I said not to worry about the backpack until after the holidays.(yes,to be nice and VERY patient,IMO)

Mid January came around and I still hadn't heard anything at all from Kim. When you know someone has been exceedingly patient with you, it seems the least you can do is communicate and let them know what's going on! People started posting here wondering what was going on and what to do. I was one of those people and I didn't care if Kim saw it. It was obvious based on the posts that others were also being taken advantage of. Apparently, one of Kim's friends alerted her to the posts. She emailed me saying that she didn't appreciate the comments and that she wasn't sending my "finished"(yeah right!!) backpack. She did send a check which very unfortunately got ruined when something was spilled on it. It was my fault completely but she did not return my email asking for another refund via Paypal or check or to just send the bag. So I'm still out $70+.

Gosh, sorry that was so long. I just couldn't believe her lack of professionalism. And then the "I'm not sending your bag because you spoke ill of me" just struck me as very immature. I would NOT accept this as over if I were you. I'd email her letting her know that you don't believe her excuse about the post office and to REFUND YOU! It is NOT your fault that her husband sent it out without tracking or insurance.(and no, I do not believe it was ever made or sent,just my opinion) She can't just say "sorry, your loss". Let us know if you get anywhere. Good luck,
    ~Leslie

SAHM to...
    Ryan 8/14/00
    Matthew 2/14/03

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast