Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default LL Bean Diaper Bag- - Review with PICS!!! *UPDATED AGAIN*

My LL Bean Diaper Bag is here!!!!!!
    Here’s my review:

First Impression: Smaller than I expected, reminds me of the Updated Little Tripper (but roomier), *extremely* lightweight.

External: There is a flap pocket on the front. The flap itself has a nice sized zipper compartment (about 9” x 5”). Under the flap (which is velcroed) is a zippered compartment that is quite large (9”H x 12”W x 1.5”D). The compartment is pleated so it is definitely stuffable!!!! Inside the compartment is a little organizer that looks like it’s for cash, credit cards, etc. (this also has a small zippered compartment!) there is also a key fob in this compartment.
    On one side of the bag is a mesh bottle pocket that is very roomy & easily accommodates an Avent bottle or a water bottle.
    The other side has 2 small velcro pockets. The one on the bottom is about 6”H x 5”W x 1”D. I was able to fit a small snack container in there. The top pocket is about 4”H x 5”W x 1”D. I have a small flip phone that fits in there really well!
    On the back of the bag is a Velcro pocket that houses the changing pad.
    The chanding pad is 21” x 10”. It’s black on one side & lime green on the other. It is a *little* difficult to get it back into the pocket…not terrible though.

Internal: The interior of the bag is a bright, lime green.
    There is a larger zippered compartment along the back that runs the length & depth of the bag. It has some depth to it as well, so it can hold a lot! In the photos I have 3 size 4 dipes, a wipes case, & a Ziploc baggie with some odds & ends. It could easily fit more stuff though.
    Along the front are 3 mesh pockets. The ones on each side easily accommodate Avent bottles. The one in the center is smaller, I put a bottle of Purell in there.

The bag is extremely comfy to wear either shoulder or messenger style.
    Strap length is longest: 40.5” shortest: 24”.
    The strap would go shorter except the shoulder pad thingy is in the way.
    The strap pad is movable & made out of a non-slip rubber. It’s pretty thin, small , & flexible (which I think is a good thing).

I compared the bag to several in my pics. Unfortunately my Little Tripper is in DH’s car…so I do not have that for comparison. I can add those pics tomorrow.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I have been interrupted about hundred times while I’ve been trying to write this….so hopefully it’s okay :-)

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.js...d=775747650205

Here are some pics of the bag next to my Updated Little Tripper:
    (I do not know why the pics look so BIG!!! If you click the links below they will be normal size. Can someone tell me how to fix the big ones????)
    Thanks!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20025.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20026.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/20028.jpg

**UPDATED AGAIN**
    Okay...had my first outing with this bag this morning & I LOVE it!
    I went out to run a few errands with DS & I felt sooo organized with this bag (even more than with my A7 which I thought was impossible to surpass!)!
    True...it's NOT a *beautiful* bag...but if you're looking for organization it rocks!

ALSO..I tried something esle. I took everything out of my bag & put it in my new T&L Large Bebe Bag & then in my Mothership.
    My conclusion is that it DEFINITELY holds more (comfortably) than the T&L & at least as much as the MS.
    The bag does not feel heavy or bulky & works well with less stuff in it too (IMO)
    Anyway..I am certainly not trying to sell anyone on the bag...I just really like it & think it was a great deal ;-)

nd93 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default RE: LL Bean Diaper Bag- - Review with PICS!!!

Wow! What a *very* thorough review with great pictures. Thank you very very much!

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DH always make fun of me for being too "detail oriented"...it's a running joke here.
    You're very welcome!!!!!
    :-)

Mikesa3 Guest

Thanks so much for all the pictures and review.I've been checking the board the past few days waiting to hear more about this bag.It looks great.I think I'm going to order it soon.I wonder what color is inside the blue one.I'm still thinking about the updated lil tripper so would like to see your pictures when you get a chance.
    Thanks again.
    Nancy-Mom to 6 great kids

audball Guest

Awesome review! The bag has such a cute shape and it looks like it holds so much more than the pics on the website show. This looks like it may make a good "airplane trip" bag! :)

Nina31 Guest

Thanks for the review! Great pics too. I'm liking it more and more. Do you think it can hold more than the Skip Hop?

kseltmann Guest

Congratulations... she's a real beauty!
    I am so jealous of your new bag. I just ordered a new LT to be Emily's "School bag" but who knows. I might just have to get myself one as a spring bag. What a great bag for a great price. Wish it came in pink though...

Kathryn
    Emily 9.24.03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030924/3/4/3/-5/.png[/img][/url]

Thank you for the awesome review and pictures!!!! So helpful!!!!

I still have some questions. Could this be used as a purse? If you had to choose between this and the LE LT which would you choose (thinking for some kids stuff and your stuff)? Is the lime too bright for you? Is the black a real bright, true dark black?

Didn't you order a couple bags in the last couple days? I am interested in seeing how it compares to the others. :-)
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jasabo Guest

Great review and pics! Thank you so much! I was waiting to hear what people thought of the bag before ordering, but now I think I'm going to do it. I'm not crazy about the color choices, but the organization seems really great so I'll give it a try. You certainly can't beat the price :)

Thanks so much for the review!!

Lisa - mom to 19 month old twin boys

THAT is what a bag review should look like!!! Thank you! I think I may have to go check that out. I have a Mothership, but I find its so huge and hard and boxy, I am constantly hitting DS in the head when I turn around and he cries. :(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast