Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mpsihudakis Guest

Default "Does the diaper bag have to match the sex of the baby?"

Kind of a stupid question, but we are not finding out the sex of the baby and I really like the Fleurville pink stripe diaper bag. Would it be bad to have a mostly pink bag if we end up having a boy or it doesn't really matter?

bluej Guest

Default RE: "Does the diaper bag have to match the sex of the baby?"

Heck no, the bag doesn't have to match the sex of the baby! I have a boy and I have pink bags, floral bags, striped bags, etc. My bags match what I'm wearing or what stroller I'm using.

No way! It is perfectly fine to have a pink bag and a boy or blue bag and a girl. The bag belongs to YOU. YOU use it, YOU carry it.

Niki

audball Guest

This is what I was going to say, exactly! You can carry anything off, if you have the confidence to do so. Love your bag!

If my son has issues with my Timi and Leslie Mia backpack, he can carry it himself - LOL! :)

Now DH is another thing. If your DH has issues carrying a bag and you are on a family outing, you may have to negotiate. I found it was just better to get him his own bag (heehee - yet another bag purchase)! My DH carries all my diaper bags except for my Chester Asian Print backpack. No idea why not, since it looks pretty unisex to me....

meshell Guest

ITA with PP about DH. We're starting to look into diaper bags now and I keep having to say to him, "Would you carry this?". Actually, he's been pretty good about it, I talked him into considering a PPB boxy backpack...but only in the Jaguar Roll (all black with red trim) style.

Although, I myself am eyeing the bubblegum skip hops!

BTW, we don't know what the sex of the baby will be either, but I figure that I'm buying something that I will carry, so it won't matter.

HTH!

I agree with everyone--get whatever you like! I have 2 boys and, well, many bags and only 1 is blue. It's kind of like- I don't only wear blue clothes because I have boys.
    Good luck!!
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

CiderLogan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with everyone else. Get what YOU like!

Jenny
    Mom of Julia, 8/27/03

I agree with everyone else. You are carrying it, it is your bag, you are the one who has to like it! Go with whatever you want!

Erika
    Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea due April 05

jasmine_bay Guest

I'm glad you asked this question. I was wondering the same thing myself! I'm also wondering if the stroller should match the sex of the baby. I want to get a Mac Volo in peony for my baby girl, but was wondering if it would be odd if I used it for the next baby and it turns out to be a boy.

dules Guest

IMO I wouldn't use a pink stroller as an everyday for a boy, just because you'd constantly get the "doesn't she look cute" comments and it would annoy me.

I'd definitely do a pink diaper bag but not a stroller. Don't know why I think there's a difference but I do.

Just my opinion, of course! (And that Volo is verrrry cute!)

Best,
    Mary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast