Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Pictures...THANK YOU!

Tam, I am glad the pics are helpful! I think it would work really well for that type of traveling. I could completely see myself using it. :-) I don't think it would be really hot since you aren't cinching it tight against your body, there is still some air flow, iykwim. It is not microfiber, so I think there is some breathability to it. I think it would work well to keep your valuables close at hand, even if you had a second bag or stuff in a stroller basket. I am not a fanny bag person so this would work better for me.

My biggest problem so far with it... DS still rides in his sling once in awhile. He sees me in with this bag and keeps saying "Nice bag, Mama!!! Can I ride in it?" because he thinks it is a sling, lol! Try explaining that one to an insistant 3 year old. ;-)
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

JennsBabySky Guest

Love the review. I hope you like it as much as I do. I just found them in a store near me (amazing!) and I thought the pink was absolutely beautiful!

Regarding Disneyland and So. California, that is actually the reason I purchased this bag. I use my E3 with doubles for our frequent Disneyland trips. I usually use a messenger style bag, but I didn't like the way it would hang towards the stroller, plus I end up carrying my son in line, so I wanted something really easy to carry. I think this will work well for that purpose. Of course, I haven't tried it in summer yet, but I don't anticipate any problems.

ginamlee Guest

Very interesting!

It wasn't one that I thought I would ever consider, but your photos are excellent! It looks like a really good bag for active summer outings.

laurena Guest

Default RE: So has anyone tried the Essentials Bag by JJ Cole yet?

Thanks for sharing your pictures and the great review! It looks like the perfect bag for summer outings.

hipmaman is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks again. I'm convinced now. I'll just have to get the pink to go with the red Volo. Dh can use a navy Skip Hop with ds' Patriot Blue Volo. I'll keep our valuables in the JJC Essentials and a change of clothes, hats, sun screen in the SH. Each kid has his/her own Gap lunch bag for drinks and snack.

I think I'm all set then, lol. Thanks again Kath. YOu have always been a great help.

Btw, did I see a Milford Emma in one of the picture? Beautiful plaid. Which one is that? Brasilia/Coronette? ;)

Tam
    Certified Canadian Child Restraint Safety Technician and Instructor

Tam your plan sounds very good for the trip! How are the Volos for your kiddos?

Stroller in pics? ;-) Who me, an Emma? As I told dh today...
    "What? You haven't seen that one before? Which one is it? The blue one! You remember it now, don't you?" :-) ;-)
    It is a Coronette in Skagen (I think). It is gorgeous, though will probably see very little use. I am hoping it will encourage me to get out and walk a few mornings a week with ds while dd is in school. You are good to have picked that out from that little bit!
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Pictures...m

I REALLY need to stay off this board. I was perfectly happ (or so I thought) with my little tiny Lands End bag until I started reading ths posts here. Now I have a generic Mothership and a pink cord skip hop. I ALMOST bought a Kecci. And that is not including the freebie hospital bags. I know I do not even come close to a TRUE diaper bag junkie like most of you :) - but DH is SERIOUSLY going to kill me if I buy another bag.

BUT - how can I NOT get this bag??? It looks perfect for my needs. I am a true minimalist and HATE carrying diaper bags. When I used the graco quattro tour it was fine because I could throw it in the basket. But with the e3 in doubles mode, I lose that option. I usually just throw a few diapers and a wipes container in the basket and leave the bag in the car. This would be great!!! Thank you so much for posting your review and pics MamaKath! Do you think the pnk/khaki would look horrendous with my red e3? I can't really tell from the pics with your Zooper. I can see that the bag is definitely NOT red, but does it clash? Or would I be better off going with a more "manly" color so I have some hope of DH carrying it once in a while??? Oh so many decisions.

Thanks!!

J

Jera
    Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03 & Madigan ~ 09.28.04

JennsBabySky Guest

Hmmm. I have the red E3 and I briefly saw the pink bag in a baby store. It is absolutely a beautiful pink. It is kind of a rosey, mauvey color -- just gorgeous and I am not a pink person at all. I'm just not sure about the clashing, I didn't have my E3 in mind when I looked at it. Honestly, probably the only bag that won't completely clash with the red is the black. Personally, I am bored with my black bags, so I opted for the light blue/gray (graphite/sky) combo. It really doesn't match my stroller, but I decided that I'm fine with that. By the way, I hang my bag from my E3 in doubles mode with the stroller swivel hooks. It works perfectly.

I've given up on trying to find bags appropriate for DH to wear. He has never uttered a complaint (about wearing any of the bags, he complains plenty about the number and price). I used to opt for black diaper bags (usually messenger style) and to be honest, they all look strange on him. Teenagers and young adults usually look twice, but parents always have that I've been there and done that look when we pass and he is wearing the diaper bag and I'm holding a squirming baby. I've suggested that I could get him a diaper bag that looks more manly and he just looks at me weird and says he is fine with my bags. I don't think he wants to have his own bag, but he is willing to carry mine when we are out. Just my 2 cents worth.

Also, for a really minimalist bag, have you tried the Fleurville Escape Pod? I like really small diaper bags, the smaller the better and I keep one of these loaded in my car. I think it is really cute and plan on using it much more as my baby gets older.

Good luck,
    Jennifer

Jera, I think Jennifer is right though, I think the only one that won't completely clash would be the charcoal and black one. The other that might work is the graphite, sky and white. Honestly though this is a bag you probably would find yourself wearing though. It is very comfortable (felt a little wierd to me at first, but that wore off quickly), and is very wearable since your stuff is easily accessible. I wear my SkipHop a lot, but find I often am bumping into things or just holding it out of the way like most traditional messengers; it tends to feel in the way. This almost feels like a slim backpack when worn. I haven't had my Kiwi set up as a double for awhile, I kind of wonder if I couldn't hook through the top and bottom seat handles. For just an extra minimal bag, many of the moms have found Escape Pod Wanna-bes in the cosmetic bag section of places like Target and Walmart. They work well for organizing the stuff in another bag or on their own.

Jennifer, you crack me up! I am reading about your husband and thinking it sounds so much like mine. ;-) This is the first bag he has said he wouldn't carry, he never even once complained about carrying my Vera Bradley Baby Bag with dd. :-) You know what, I bet he would carry this if I needed him too, lol. He is not overly into the hang across the body look of it for him, but thinks it is cool for me. You are right, folks who are parents don't even look twice. ;-) And when the teenagers give wierd looks, I often wonder what is any better with the piercings, pants down below their rears, and other "popular" styles. ;-)

~Abraham Lincoln~

kkae12 Guest

Default RE: So has anyone tried the Essentials Bag by JJ Cole yet?

I've wondered about this bag. It looks great- especially for trips to the zoo, etc. Thanks so much for the pictures- very helpful.

Allison

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2