hannah is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default OT - Help me find a new wallet

I hope someone out there can help me. I am in search of a new wallet. My current wall is big and bulky and old. I am looking for something on the small side that I can easily fit into a diaper bag. I am currently using the LL Bean bag and also use the baby sherpa when we travel.
    Can anyone recommend a wallet?
    TIA!

audball Guest

Default RE: OT - Help me find a new wallet

I have found that the 3x4x1 size (mini-wallet) works great in every bag. Just today I bought a new "expendable" wallet at Target - it was the Cherokee Microfiber Mini Wallet with a laniard (spelling? "Lanyard" - I think I need to go back to school!)...the best part - it was $7.99! I was in the market for something that could get milk on it (lesson learned from two bottle explosions in one week!), and I could have easy access to, no matter what bag I carried (I tend to favor backpacks, but even with messengers, fumbling for a wallet with two isn't fun).

The nice thing about this wallet is that it has plenty of card slots, the cash side is zippered (so I can put receipts and dry cleaning tags in their too), and you have the option of wearing it around your neck. This will be great when we have doctor's appointments - I can put our medical card right out in front and whip it out at the reception desk.

Otherwise, I would suggest the same size in a contrasting color (I still love my Coach mini-wallet in bright red, but I will not risk getting soy on it again!)..should be no problem in the bags you mentioned.

ETA: I just checked my receipt and it was actually $5.99 :)...

Audrey, Is that wallet available online? I just bought the Mandalay diaper bag and if that wallet is online, I might add it to my order. I'm not brave enough to venture out with the kiddos today.

audball Guest

I looked on the Target site and only saw the checkbook size wallet (I think that one is $7.99!). You may have to venture into the store - they had quite a few,but all in black at my Target...

On the website, look under Accessories and then wallets- it is the Cherokee brand and you may find it cross-listed as Cherokee microfiber...