aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Looking for small bag-Bandicoot, Little Tripper, others? (long)

Right now I'm on a mission to find an errands bag. I think the sensible thing to do would be to order a Little Tripper, but I have my heart set on a red bag that's a little bit less sporty/diaper bagish. I had finally decided on a red Land's End Medium Tailored Tote when it went out of stock and can't find it on ebay or bag swap.

I've considered the Timbuk2 metros, but I think that the velcro would bother me, plus I'm not fond of messengers. I've also looked at the Timi & Leslie Small Bebe bag, but for some reason the cost just doesn't seem worth it to me. I've looked at the Skip Hops, but in most cases I don't think that I'd be using it on a stroller. I've read that it's not as comfortable being carried.

In short, my wishlist for an ideal bag is this: red, no velcro or ties, stands its own, shoulder bag.

For reference, I pack:
    *2 size 4 diapers
    *hardpack wipes container
    *disposible changing pad
    *diaper rash cream
    *bib
    *5 oz. Take & Toss sippy
    *bottled water (optional)
    *snack trap cup
    *wallet
    *lipstick, lipgloss
    *Nivea creme tin
    *powder compact
    *Swiss Army card
    *keys
    *pen
    *pacifer
    *small toy or board book

So, back to the Bandicoot. Would it hold all of this? Have they resolved the quality issues? Also, size-wise would you consider it to be small or medium? Are there any other bags out there that I should look at? I think that I'd get the most miles for my money on the Little Tripper, but I wonder if I'll keep on having this nagging desire to keep looking for what I *really* want.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Looking for small bag-Bandicoot, Little Tripper, others? (long)

How about an Ella bag - the Caroline size is comparable to the Little Tripper. www.ella-bags.com There is 40% off and free shipping through today with the code DL5B-JOD4Y8. Then you can make it as red as you want, lol!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Looking for small bag-Bandicoot, Little Tripper, others? (long)

That sounds like a marvelous suggestion! My DH was telling me last night that I needed to custom design a bag. Surely he won't object ;)

I've spent the past hour reading through old threads and looking at their fabric swatches. All of the choices are rather overwhelming!

A couple of questions for you: In your opinion, would it be worth it to get the fabric stabulizer? What add ons do you think are the most useful?

Thanks!
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07