Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default A truly great (non-diaper) bag that holds moms' necessities. (PICS)

I know this is unsolicited info, but thought I'd post for anyone looking for a cute purse that can also hold baby necessities!

After realizing that my Petunia Picklebottom really *does* look like a diaper bag (that is, one is easily identified as a mom with it), I never use it. (I know, I know, I should take pride in my mommydom, but...)

However, I have found this purse that works well for my needs:
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7158439.html or http://www.bagshop.com/store/mcart.php?ID=2500

If the links don't work, it's by Un Apres Midi de Chien and the model is the Fourmi W. I have the black, but also like the more "fun colors."

There are three pockets. It's got tons of easily accessible room inside, yet doesn't look huge. It's a real purse and looks "grown up" without being leather. The lining is wipeable too. I also like that the brand label is hardly readable. For me it holds:
    Back pocket = travel changing pad, 3-4 dispo diapers, wipes, suncreen...
    Middle = *everything* (wallet, palm, cell, cheerios, pen, etc.)
    Front = big enough to hold my 12" laptop if I needed too, a book, or 8x11 sheets of paper

Downsides: can only be worn over shoulder or in hand.

Not sure where to get them IRL. I can post pics if anyone's interested.
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07
    "You know, you really wear me out. But I love you anyway."

HeatherW Guest

Default RE: A truly great (non-diaper) bag that holds moms' necessities.

Thnk you! Just what I was looking for!!! Can you post pictures?

Thank you!

Heather

Default RE: A truly great (non-diaper) bag that holds moms' necessities. (PICS)

Here are some pics
    Inside main (middle) holds wallet, phone, toy, etc.
    Back compartment holds a couple diapers, changing pad, wipes, sunscreen
    Front compartment holds a small laptop, magazines, manilla folder, book
    Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

I really like that. I am looking for a purse for myself that can still accomodate baby things. That looks perfect! Did you buy it from one of those sites?

I bought it from bagshop, but only because i had a credit there (my sister gave me a different bag that I was exchanging). I think you can find better prices elsewhere.

One thing to know is that the stripe color on the bags seems to change with the seasons. The price on the "Fall 2004" bags is understandably less than the "Spring 2005" bags. Since I wanted black, I had to pay a premium for the spring ones (I guess Fall was sold out.) My sister has the same bag in purple and it is very cool.

I'm glad you like the pics... I get a lot of comments about it IRL.

FWIW and just because it's kinda funny...
    The owner(?) of bagshop is.... um... eccentric. Very "New York," as stereotypes go. (Can I say that? :) I'm from there originally.)

I had left her a phone message to call me to discuss the logistics of the exchange.
    Our conversation:

Phone rings
    I am expecting her call, but am changing baby's diaper. Quickly wash hands, now where's the phone?
    Phone rings again.
    There's the phone!
    Greetings exhanged... "This is Marisa."
    "Marisa, how old are you?!"
    "I.. um... I'm 31."
    "Well then it shouldn't take you so long to find your phone!"
    "I'm sorry... I was just... um... playing... um... with the baby in the other room."

As we all know, the word "baby" seems to soften older women up. She was fine to deal with after that. Even shipped the replacement bag for free.

Fancy Nancy 8/04
    Snuggle Puppy 5/07

I am looking for a good price on it. That pink interior is screaming my name! I love it! I also saw on the Zappos site that there's a smaller messenger type one similar...I want that, too.

How odd about the woman asking you about your age! I would have been speechless.. I think I would have blurted out that I was changing the baby's diaper, er, maybe not, but I would have been shocked!

Thank you for sharing, I'm think I'm going to get it! Heck, Mother's Day is coming, and I deserve it even if it will only see the inside of Raleys and Target! LOL

audball Guest

Go for it, Priscilla! I can *hear* it screaming your name from here! ;) I think it looks very cute!

audball Guest

That's a funny story about answering the phone. I had a similar experience when I called some cookware company in New York. I think it was called the Muffin Man or something (no joke!). You would think this burly Brooklyn guy would be really embarassed about answering the phone with, "Muffin Man, how can I help you?" but instead, he made me feel like a dolt for not answering his questions quickly enough.

I just chalk it up to personality. But afterwards, I got off the phone thinking that the Muffin Man was probably having a hard day..

Great bag find! :)

masetane Guest

These Un Apres... bags are awesome. I have a couple that I just love but haven't been able to find a mom/baby tote I love! I'll have to go take a look at this one - it's fabulous! I know the owner who called you as their website is for their stores here in Westchester, NY. She is really nice and yes, very NY and eccentric! She's a lot of fun the few times I have met her in the store. She was probably just trying to be jokey (I hope - sheesh never ask a woman her age!! *grin*!)
    To anyone thinking about these bags - I HIGHLY recommend them. They are made by Prada and are made soo incredibly well. Many, many people here carry them.
    Caroline
    http://fool.exler.ru/sm/ma.gif
    Isabelle 10/1/00
    Nicholas 2/27/03
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Birthdaycakeideas/

"I HIGHLY recommend
    >them. They are made by Prada and are made soo incredibly
    >well. Many, many people here carry them."

Ok, I am vain. and also a sucker. There I said it. The above statement (about Prada...) sealed it. I HAVE to have this bag now. Can't afford a $500+ Prada bag, but this, I shall have. lol.

Priscilla, my partenr in crime, would you please let me know where you plan to get this bag? And when you contact them, ask them whether there is a discount if you get two... At least they can give us free shipping, right? ;-)

Cheers, Lin who hates paying for shipping
    Mom to 2 wild boys
    D 3/98
    G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...n/pnoodles.gif

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast