emelsea Guest

Default Am I in the right place to ask about shopping cart covers?

DS just took made the transition from his infant car seat, so I no longer have the luxury of just popping him into shopping carts and I need a shopping cart cover. Any suggestions? I've seen two at BRU - one is plastic, and the other is a very bright colored pattern. Neither makes my heart skip a beat, KWIM?

dules Guest

Default RE: Am I in the right place to ask about shopping cart covers?

We have the Floppy seat from BRU. Does not make my heart skip a beat but it does the job. There are some REALLY cute WAHM ones that I've seen on this board, though, take a look around!

If I had known about those I might have gone with one instead.

Best,
    Mary

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The ones from www.sewcuteboutique.com are great. She'll make them in any fabric for you. You can also snag cool ones on E-Bay.

The ones from www.snazzybaby.com will make your heart skip a beat (check the price). Very pretty though.

I just ordered 2 covers thru Ange at ChubbySeats (1 for me & 1 for grandma). Ange (the owner & maker of the cart covers) is super nice, always responded to my emails right away and was so patient and offered so many suggestions about fabric, etc. I sent her some custom fabric for her to make both cart covers.

Her cart covers also fold up into their own tote bag that she makes (which was the deciding factor for me), since I know the size of these things can be pretty bulky to roll up and store in your car or diaper bag. Her price is about the same as the pre-made ones at BRU (and WAY cuter!) & about the same as www.sewcuteboutique.com (which I've heard good reviews about as well).

I'd recommend ChubbySeats: www.chubbyseats.com

HTH!
    Suz

Just wanted to throw in that you could sling ds and not have to worry about putting him in the cart. DD is over a year old and has only been in grocery carts a handful of times(purely for the thrill ride it gives her :)).

E
    dd 4/5/04