MommytoLayla Guest

Default Ellington decision to make and I can't decide???? HELP!!

I am planning on ordering the following, a tripper tote, a small IF and a catalina clutch. My problem is the colors. I want one of the bags to be the bamboo and the other to be the kiwi but can't decide which one I want to be which???? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Also the catalina clutch only comes in black red blue and green. I don't really want the black because it is not very fun and it is a dark color for summer, but I don't know how well any of the other colors will match the bamboo and kiwi. I was thinking about the blue maybe being okay but don't know. I just can't decide. Maybe I should just get the black????
    Thanks for the help!!!

Shannon
    [/url]

audball Guest

Default RE: Ellington decision to make and I can't decide???? HELP!!

People are going to think I work for Ellington - LOL! But I've been over there a lot, so maybe I can offer my $.02...

Both the kiwi and the bamboo are really pretty colors. Maybe first thing to ask is whether you are looking for a compliment to your current bag stash. The kiwi seems more like a Spring/Summer color and the bamboo could work for fall and even winter as well (it's not a "bright" yellow). I kind of used that reasoning for getting the small in-flight tote in bamboo, since I have enough diaper bags for "year round" color choices, but my purses/small bags tend to be darker. But I also wanted something I could wear for the fall (in a purse) as well - hence the bamboo small in-flight.

The other way to look at it, is which color do you really LOVE...the Tripper Tote is a lot bigger and more noticeable than the small in-flight. If you love one color more than another, maybe that's the one to get in the bigger bag. It's probably the one you will use more often (since it's really more of a diaper bag size for a heavy packer or all day trips when compared to the small in-flight tote).

Re. the clutch (I'm kicking myself for not getting one of these!), either the green or the blue would go really well with the bamboo or the kiwi. As a matter of fact, I think the green in the Catalina styles is just a shade darker than the kiwi, but it would still look nice - even if it didn't completely match. The blue is just beautiful!

MommytoLayla Guest

oops computer problems.....

MommytoLayla Guest

Thank-you sooo much for your input, I can't wait to order and get these items. I am thinking about using the tripper tote this summer for my heavy packing days and also for my daughters day care bag (which she won't be going back until September since I am a teacher) since I like to make sure she has enough there like change of clothes and other things. I also think that I may use the tripper more in the fall because of the extra clothes needed for the unpredictable weather here in Maine. Sooooo I thnk I'll maybe do the tripper tote in the bamboo, the IF in kiwi and the clutch I really am still not sure. The green on the website looks more of a mossy rather than a springy color???? Is that a wrong assumption??? I can't decide.

These bags are going to be for spring and summer and hopefully fall. I just sold my Kecci and I am returning my Lands End bags ever since I found this site(they just aren't very stylish). This site has been rough on my wallet. :) I also have the LL Bean diaper bag in black, which is great for organization and amount it will hold but it is so bulky when I wear it messenger style.

Shannon
    [/url]

audball Guest

Wow, you really think your bags through :)!

I don't think the clutch will be too dark - is that what you are afraid of? It looks closer to the kiwi than a moss..which I associate with a darker green. However, it's not as bright as the kiwi on the Tripper Tote or on the IF Tote.

MommytoLayla Guest

I know it's sad... I always have to think through my bags so I can try to justify them to dh. Thanks again for the advice!!
    Shannon
    [/url]