jacquiro Guest

Default Skip Hop Duo or Dash?

Want 2nd diaper bag for hubbie and stroller (already received Petunia Picklebottom as a gift, but want a more practical bag too) and was going to get a Duo. When I went on the website, I saw the Dash, which I'm assuming is much newer? Just wondering which would work better for our needs (as our main diaper bag, to sit on the Maclaren, and for hubbie not to be embarassed to carry around!)
    Thanks.

Default RE: Skip Hop Duo or Dash?

The organization of both Skip Hop versions is great, but IMO the DASH is much more practical and easy to get items in & out of the bag.

The layout of the Duo is a bit more narrow, so to me it always seemed like things were buried at the bottom of the bag. The cut of the Dash is a bit more like a traditional messenger, so it's a bit wider and VERY easy to find everything you need. The Dash still stays pretty compact, even with piled with baby stuff & parent stuff. The Dash does have the flap that folds over, where as the Duo doesn't. Some people may not having to lift the flap, but to me it's not that big of a deal, plus it's kind of a nice extra that adds to the design. And the Skip Hop is definately something your DH would be able to carry!

HTH!
    Suz

jacquiro Guest

Default Thanks- very helpful input!

Thanks so much for that. Your message was really helpful and I'm now definitely leaning towards the Dash!

Default RE: Thanks- very helpful input!

The Dash is definately newer. I haven't seen the Dash IRL but the Skip Hop bags are nice and seem very well made. As far as Hubbie carrying the bag, skip hop also offers so really nice color choices, even camo which IMO is very cute!!! Good luck deciding it is so hard!!!!

Default RE: Skip Hop Duo or Dash?

I just got a Dash, and sold my Duo. I much prefer the Dash. It stands up on its own, whereas the Duo would always fall over. I also felt that the Duo was too tall and then stuff would just get lost in the bottomless pit of the bag.

I've only really used my Dash for one day, but so far so good. I think it's going to be much better than the Duo in my opinion.